• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Aquanaut Jumbo Out There

MBvHoven

3/8/16
Making me want to get an Aquanaut...

It’s an awesome watch. Super versatile. My favorite by far. Never getting bored of it...

257c1a94dc640e3bdc6805b0e19bbb5e.jpg

mirv

Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
Guy I've read the thread and some of You told that a new Aquanaut will be release on 2017...It's happend? Actually which is the best version of PF Aquanaut black dial??? Thanks...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Guy I've read the thread and some of You told that a new Aquanaut will be release on 2017...It's happend? Actually which is the best version of PF Aquanaut black dial??? Thanks...

We wait for correct 3:3 movement from vsf factory nothing no any news after movement finish expect ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pam-am

Known Member
9/7/14
hmmmmm..ive been reading up on the aquanaut recently and realised its not available anymore. well the black/steel one that i would like. trying to figure out if there is a good black/steel aquanaut coming out soon or if i should be jumping ship to a different colour etc. :(

jelle

Horology Curious
2/10/15
Apart from the difference in movement decoration, is there a visual difference between the V6F Asia ETA and Swiss Gen versions? (Seen at Toro)

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Apart from the difference in movement decoration, is there a visual difference between the V6F Asia ETA and Swiss Gen versions? (Seen at Toro)

The DWO font is better/bolder on the sw200 version

tonyd

Horology Curious
29/8/17
Hi all

Thank you Godfathar for the super informative post.

I just received my PP aquanaut QC pictures, I just want to make sure is from V6F, also I have notice that it has the SW200 movement and not the updated SW200-1.

The TD told me he can't get the SW200-1. I would really appreciate some help, I read some people had problems with the SW200.

Should I go for it anyway since is not very easy to get one from V6F with SW200?

I'm trying to upload the QC pictures but I get a message that tells me I'm not authorized to create attachments. Thank you.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Hi all

Thank you Godfathar for the super informative post.

I just received my PP aquanaut QC pictures, I just want to make sure is from V6F, also I have notice that it has the SW200 movement and not the updated SW200-1.

The TD told me he can't get the SW200-1. I would really appreciate some help, I read some people had problems with the SW200.

Should I go for it anyway since is not very easy to get one from V6F with SW200?

I'm trying to upload the QC pictures but I get a message that tells me I'm not authorized to create attachments. Thank you.
Use an image hosting service like pixelbin

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Godfathar Stickied because of the great information on this thread. It would be extra class if you still had the original pics for this.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Godfathar Nivka sooo the PF is out! Horrible DW aside, what do you reckon of this one?
chazingtime02.co/product/aquanaut-5167-ss-pf-11-best-edition-black-dial-rubber-strap-a2824/

It looks promising. The advantages over the v6f seem to be the thinness and the movement decorations. Still no Swiss made on the dial at 6 and the lume is too yellow/green: 2 problems it shares with the v6f.

The advantages of the v6f are the dw font and the cost. For a similar price you can get a Swiss sw200 sellita. Or for $200 cheaper you can get a clone 2824

Reactions: Kingsman

Soloist

4/5/17
United States
This new price precedent set by PF is leaving a bad taste for me. I envision this becoming the new norm and it’s unfortunate. They set the tone with the PF 5711 at ~ $500 usd, and now with a rubber strap piece, the Aquanaut, (where they couldn’t get the spelling right on the strap, mind you) in the high $400’s, maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but I don’t see the added value of over $100 from the other Aquanaut reps in this sector. Case thickness is usually the main talking point on these “advancements” over other versions from other factories, but at what cost? Second rate Date-Wheel font, typos on the straps... It’s like taking one step forward and two steps back... Amongst myself and friends in the community, both on here and in real life, too often does the conversation turn to “I’d gladly pay $1,000 for a 1:1 Replica that’s indistinguishable from the gen...” Well, I think the makers are listening... and whether justified or not, they’re going to start charging more and more as things progress, it’s classic S&D: new/heightened interest, new technologies to achieve thinner case sets, the dreaded factory raids! (Who has heard this in the last 6 months, factories having to move office during CNY, etc..) Idk, maybe just a frustrated Monday morning rant, I better get back to work. Alas, I’ll leave you with the old adage: the best buyer is an informed buyer. Do your homework, be wary, make an informed purchase. Cheers folks.

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Soloist rant or no rant you make fair points my friend! And since you mentioned the typos, I think that there are some on the movement engravings as well. Let's see how this goes, maybe they'll get ahold of the issues soon, and release a second batch.

Reactions: Soloist

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
It is being discussed in another thread, some say it is from PF not ZF.

Yes that is from the PF..just look inside the strap the spelling of “Patek Philippe” is misspelled. PF are the only ones to misspell the name.