• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
chenakos well yeah, dial and DW can be the only tells since watch is pretty much “simple” in terms of case and bracelet and pf made it identical as my untrained eye can see. I dont think ill ever get gen dial bro, for 5k ill rather get 2 gen badass Tudors tbh and I think there is less than 1% of people who can tell the difference and those people live God knows where :D
Same goes for AP imo they have very good reps.

It's your call of course!
I think the PPF is really good rep.
So get it and enjoy it.

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
chenakos well yeah, dial and DW can be the only tells since watch is pretty much “simple” in terms of case and bracelet and pf made it identical as my untrained eye can see. I dont think ill ever get gen dial bro, for 5k ill rather get 2 gen badass Tudors tbh and I think there is less than 1% of people who can tell the difference and those people live God knows where :D
Same goes for AP imo they have very good reps.

I got my dial almost half the price you 've found yours.
So it depends on the market.

I suggest you enjoy your PPF.

If you find a gen dial in a good price (for your wallet) then buy it.

Reactions: Cadows

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
I just picked up a PPF v4 blue dial (which is superb ootb) but the bracelet size is too small by at least a link for my 81/4" (210mm) wrist - just something to bear in mind if you have thick wrists. I've ended up buying a second bracelet to augment the links but I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do it.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I just picked up a PPF v4 blue dial (which is superb ootb) but the bracelet size is too small by at least a link for my 81/4" (210mm) wrist - just something to bear in mind if you have thick wrists. I've ended up buying a second bracelet to augment the links but I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do it.

Can you show some pictures from dial V4?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
V7Rwo.jpg

That's what i call a money shot, Sir.

If people are that hyped about the crown or the bezel they completely miss the solid look of the over all watch which is amazing for the money we pay...

Awesome color of the dial in my opinion.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Yes, strangely I didn't like the watch at first but it is a definite grower. It sits beautifully on the wrist and has a lovely feel to it. The dial is better in real life than in any of the three photos I posted. After wearing it for a day I now have a wholly positive view and, as you say, it is fantastic value.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Head over to the new members section and do some research - the management of this forum have put in place a series of arrangements with Trusted Dealers designed to minimise the risks of purchase but you need to understand fully how the system works before you place an order.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Therion666

Mark113811

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/20
Yes, strangely I didn't like the watch at first but it is a definite grower. It sits beautifully on the wrist and has a lovely feel to it. The dial is better in real life than in any of the three photos I posted. After wearing it for a day I now have a wholly positive view and, as you say, it is fantastic value.

Great look! Is it blue dial version or grey? PPF V4?

TheRolexlover

Looking Around
24/9/20
Should i be worried about the miyota movement? Is it reliable? Just got my vsf rolex submariner and im so proud of it!

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Hey guys has anyone tried out the green dial 5711 yet? Like the PPF? curious how the color of the dial is in person. Thanks

memoismemo

Horology Curious
29/10/19
Hi guys..

I was thinking to franken my 5711 by change the dial.
do you guys have any information that maybe I can buy any 5711 blue dial,
What I have now is my 5711 dial is pretty off. Too many blue as far as I see. lol.
Thanks

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Hi guys..

I was thinking to franken my 5711 by change the dial.
do you guys have any information that maybe I can buy any 5711 blue dial,
What I have now is my 5711 dial is pretty off. Too many blue as far as I see. lol.
Thanks

Your best chance would be to search the internet for a spare part.

memoismemo

Horology Curious
29/10/19
A quick update to the Forum.
The franken Patek Philippe 5711 RG from PF factory just came back to me from my modder.

The work is excellent and the result is unbelievable! It feels like I bought a new (gen) watch :D

5m9IF.jpg

For now it sits nicely in its case
5mndt.jpg

Many thanks once more to Godfathar and to my genius modder!

I am going to post some more pictures during the weekend to show the before and after.

Oh man...
This one is gorgeous..
Love it!!

Reactions: LIS