• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
Thanks for this very informative post as I´m actually looking to buy a nautilus, specifically with the grey dial. Thx

Watch fanatic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/14
Is it too early to ask which to ask which of the 3K or PPF V3 is currently the best 5711 going?

Updog

18/7/19
Pretty sure the consensus from current information is that the PPF V3 is better

Watch fanatic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/14
Pretty sure the consensus from current information is that the PPF V3 is better

And is that just because the PPF V3 has an engraved movement?

I'd have thought the replicated movement of the 3K would mean it was easily the better rep?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
A quick update to the Forum.
The franken Patek Philippe 5711 RG from PF factory just came back to me from my modder.

The work is excellent and the result is unbelievable! It feels like I bought a new (gen) watch :D

5m9IF.jpg

For now it sits nicely in its case
5mndt.jpg

Many thanks once more to Godfathar and to my genius modder!

I am going to post some more pictures during the weekend to show the before and after.

What was the base and what you modded on this beauty bro?

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Thanks mate. I found only PP RG from PPF. Is that the best? And how good is plating in your opinion?

I didn't have the opportunity to get a PPF rg in my hands yet, but from what I read in here is a good rep too.
I don't think I am the best person to clarify its plating. Maybe others can step in here and help (I'd like to know too).

As far as I have seen in pictures, the PPF rg dial is an upgrade to the PF one I had. It gets closer to the gen, but it's not as colorful as the gen of course.

I think that you should be able to replace the dial in a PPF with a gen one and get similar results as I did with the PF rg.

Reactions: cap923 and Cadows

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Thanks brother! I tried to find dial on the internet and result was 0 lol

I would be surpised if you could find one these days.
And even if you find one, I would expect the price to be high due to the current global situation...

The PPF dial is not bad at all!
I was suprised to see how close they managed to get to the gen one this time.

If you have the PPF I suggest that you enjoy the watch as it is for now, until better days come.

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I would be surpised if you could find one these days.
And even if you find one, I would expect the price to be high due to the current global situation...

The PPF dial is not bad at all!
I was suprised to see how close they managed to get to the gen one this time.

If you have the PPF I suggest that you enjoy the watch as it is for now, until better days come.

Thanks man :)

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
chenakos I found one dial for 5k lol but I also found this
What you think?

This is the PPF rg one I was refering to in the previous posts.

This is a very good rep of the gen one.
As far I as am aware the case and bracelet are almost identical to the gen (same as the PF I have).

The dial as I said before to my opinion is very close to the gen, but not so colorful.
This one seems to be closer to the grey scale and not the brown so much (as the gen dial).

I suggest that you get the watch and if you still want to invest in the gen dial, then buy the dial you found (or any other) and go for a franken 5711R!

I am sure you will be surprised by the results!

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Cadows my franken has some really nice comments from people that have a gen 5711R.
They haven't realised it's a franken :p

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
chenakos I found one dial for 5k lol but I also found this
What you think?

Also take a closer look at the date window on the PPF: it's a miles away tell this is not the gen watch.

BUT, as I said the dial is a lot closer in colors to the gen this time.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
chenakos well yeah, dial and DW can be the only tells since watch is pretty much “simple” in terms of case and bracelet and pf made it identical as my untrained eye can see. I dont think ill ever get gen dial bro, for 5k ill rather get 2 gen badass Tudors tbh and I think there is less than 1% of people who can tell the difference and those people live God knows where :D
Same goes for AP imo they have very good reps.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris