• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
JavierGranadaSpain dont get me wrong mate - but if you cannot find the trusted dealers list on here i cannot help you anymore. This is one of the most basic things on here so you better check the new members area and then go then step by step.

Check also trusted modders and watchmakers within EU and you are good to go to get your project started. But in the first place you have to do some reading on your own.

JavierGranadaSpain

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/19
BIONONE Thanks again, i am asking to the sellers. I will continue reading and learning about it.

If somebody knows something more about this and can help me, i will thanks it.

I found the PF in rose gold, but i am asking and i cant find stock of the JJF version for the 5711 Rose gold

I will continue finding, but, if anybody can help me it will be perfect.

Thanks again!! ☺️

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

JavierGranadaSpain

4/8/19
I finally found this 2 model on this TD:

b6509a6aea3b8de5ed5bbb71506b4fb9.jpg

Tobel

6/7/17
JavierGranadaSpain good for you, but do you really need to come polute this thread with a big pic of your order? Can you imagine if every of the 1000's members here were posting such pics everywhere? You're in a community man, people are not here at your service and you don't get to post any random stuff because you feel like it. Seriously can you just think a little bit about how you're having here?

Tobel

6/7/17
Tobel ok, i will post smallers pictures next time, so sorry!

Man you really don't get it do you? Nobody wants to see a picture of your order! Don't post it at all. It's a thread that discusses the best models of nautilus, not a thread for Javier to just hijack the way he wants and with content that is completely irrelevant to the community! You're gonna get banned if you don't stop this man!

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Hahahahaha.. guys let's go easy on him.. I was also annoyed at the beginning, especially that he fludded my private inbox with one message after the other.. but then I remember that once in a while, some new members come in and not know that the community has some etiquette and rules..

Dear new member, I didn't answer your PMs on purpose, as you didn't even take the time to great and introduce yourself.. I think our brother BIONONE gave you all the direction you need, I should add with lots of self control hahahahaha. Choose any TD here and send them an email with the exact models you want, they would most probably get it for you. Even if it was not on thier website.

Please , take a bit of time to read the new members section, you'll learn so much so you don't press anyone's buttons. And please dear new member, when you interact in here, try to think that you are speaking to real people in the real world.. that means as if you come to someone and shake thier hand and introduce yourself like in real life :D

Best of luck with your project.

Now back to our regular program, a discussion of the best Nautilus out there..

Kindest Regards..

Godfathar

Reactions: rxc330 and Tcc13c

JavierGranadaSpain

4/8/19
Ok Godfathar, i think i am talking about the same, the best Nautilus. I found my answers, i am grateful for the help of all, i dont want to perturb anyone. I am not offensive , i only made questions and other people that come here in the future maybe can have the same questions...

It cost me work, i read a lot this days, all day, i promise, and my conclusion is that i think that the best Nautilus Rose Gold today (the main case of this forum, exactly) is

5711 PF RG + JJF dial + JJF hands
This is muy conclusion after I read

The last question that i have ( i promise that this is my last question here)
is about the DWO, BIONONE said me that JJF DWO will be better than PF DWO. What is your opinion?

Thanks to all for your help, and i repeat, i apologize, i dont want to perturb, i am working and learning and i hope that you can sorry me, and one day you will see that i am a good person, and maybe friends.

Thanks a lot

Reactions: Godfathar

BIONONE

28/4/17
We created a specific DWOs for all nautilus/aquamaut watches from different makers to match the gen font.

No maker (beside the old V6F 5711 and the newly released PPF 5711) got the right DW font on their nautilus.

so you habe to mod it on your own - therefore there is a JJF custom DWO to match the gen font as i said.

Check this out: datewheel.info

Reactions: Godfathar

spacemanps

Horology Curious
31/1/14
I’ve been flirting with the idea of getting a 5711 to finally expand my top end rep collection (currently tc sub is my only real high quality) I however hate metal bracelets and would like to find a suggestion on leather straps. Any of you rockin leather?!

BIONONE

28/4/17
I’ve been flirting with the idea of getting a 5711 to finally expand my top end rep collection (currently tc sub is my only real high quality) I however hate metal bracelets and would like to find a suggestion on leather straps. Any of you rockin leather?!

Get a gen strap - they are not too expensive compared to a custom made camille fournet... etc. But of course you could save a bit more.

Personally i think the nautilus on a bracelet is what makes this watch so special and a leather strap is canceling this integrated feature...

spacemanps

Horology Curious
31/1/14
Get a gen strap - they are not too expensive compared to a custom made camille fournet... etc. But of course you could save a bit more.

Personally i think the nautilus on a bracelet is what makes this watch so special and a leather strap is canceling this integrated feature...

I hear ya and I partially agree but I really just end up not wearing the watch on a metal. So I’d rather it get wear than not. I’ll take a look at gen straps. Thanks.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Hi guys

I have had my eye out for a gen 5711 blue dial for a while and I am close to buying one together with gen hands (hour, minute, second). The price is ridiculous so please do not ask. OK if you insist I will tell you, about USD 4,100.

So a marvelous franken project is on!

I loved Godfathar 's project although I would not spend all this money for a RG rep bracelet (which in my view looks nothing like the gen) and i can only barely afford a gen SS 5711 anyways. So I would rather spend about $5k to buy (more or less) a $50k watch. Yes, yes, I know, a rep it will always be but I believe that a gen blue dial / hands is in fact a great investment as reps keep getting better and the dial/hands can be changed from rep iteration to rep iteration. :))

OK, so I have done all the reading required (I have never before bought a rep PP, the thickness being the main issue).

Everyone seems to believe that the PF v2 has the better bracelet (fine) and more gen like case (bezel thickness - not sure) but what about case thickness? I understand that the PF v2 is 9mm and the PFF v2 is only 8.5mm. Suuuure, who cares about 0.5mm but my experience with AP 15400s (I have had many) is that 0.5mm does make a difference. This is probably a defect that all us rep geeks have developed. I very much doubt that any gen owner could tell a difference of 1mm (let alone 0.5mm!)

Has anyone got experience with thinning (shaving off) the PF v2 or even the PPF v2?

As I am giving so much dough on the dial, I obviously have no problem buying both a PF v2 and a PFF v2 (or even a JJF too if I have to) but the question is to get an optimal combo.

I also wonder whether I would need a DW from the datewheel project and if so does someone know which one I would need given the gen dial?

Last but not least, the crystal. I know for a fact that Patek's do not have any AR and I think it would be a bad idea to get Prof to do a 2xAR on this. Does anyone have any idea about how to make the crystal more gen like? I am looking very hard for a gen crystal but no luck so far...........

Thanks

DJ

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I
Hi guys

I have had my eye out for a gen 5711 blue dial for a while and I am close to buying one together with gen hands (hour, minute, second). The price is ridiculous so please do not ask. OK if you insist I will tell you, about USD 4,100.

I loved Godfathar 's project although I would not spend all this money for a RG rep bracelet (which in my view looks nothing like the gen) and i can only barely afford a gen SS 5711 anyways. So I would rather spend about $5k to buy (more or less) a $50k watch. Yes, yes, I know, a rep it will always be but I believe that a gen blue dial / hands is in fact a great investment as reps keep getting better and the dial/hands can be changed from rep iteration to rep iteration. :))

OK, so I have done all the reading required (I have never before bought a rep PP, the thickness being the main issue).

Everyone seems to believe that the PF v2 has the better bracelet (fine) and more gen like case (bezel thickness - not sure) but what about case thickness? I understand that the PF v2 is 9mm and the PFF v2 is only 8.5mm. Suuuure, who cares about 0.5mm but my experience with AP 15400s (I have had many) is that 0.5mm does make a difference. This is probably a defect that all us rep geeks have developed. I very much doubt that any gen owner could tell a difference of 1mm (let alone 0.5mm!)

Has anyone got experience with thinning (shaving off) the PF v2 or even the PPF v2?

As I am giving so much dough on the dial, I obviously have no problem buying both a PF v2 and a PFF v2 (or even a JJF too if I have to) but the question is to get an optimal combo.

I also wonder whether I would need a DW from the datewheel project and if so does someone know which one I would need given the gen dial?

Thanks

DJ

Can’t answer any of your question but 4.1k for gen dial and hands is a very good deal!

Reactions: Dj3381

BIONONE

28/4/17

Nice project! To chime in on the DWO - choose the PF DWO as it got gen specs and fits the gen dial like a glove like many members performed on their white dial franken projects.

As for the gen hands - i would recommend you to not waste such gems for a cheap miyota movement. Not to say about ruining them because of mismatching specs etc etc. gen hands are not necessary if you ask me.

The dial is what stands out on a blue 5711 in steel.

The decorated PPF miyota although is the best option as for now. Best looking and the thinnest - even if it does not look (and never will) like a gen 324 SC.

PF case + bracelet will do their thing together with the gen Dial while keeping the costs relatively low.

Just my 2cts :)

Reactions: Nivka and Dj3381

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Hi guys

Last but not least, the crystal. I know for a fact that Patek's do not have any AR and I think it would be a bad idea to get Prof to do a 2xAR on this. Does anyone have any idea about how to make the crystal more gen like? I am looking very hard for a gen crystal but no luck so far...........

Thanks

DJ

I see someone shopping on Chrono24, and reserved a dial and hands hahahahaha

good luck with the project mate.. this will be a great looking rep.. I don't know how and whether the gen hands would fit as it was never been done before, at least I don't know of any such project including gen hands.. but like BIONONE said, the DWO for the PF is in order.. I have never seen a gen crystal for sale before.. so I can not help you with that, however, the rep crystal for the PF is pretty great in my opinion..

last and not least, my dial that I have bought for the RG PF is one third of what you are willing to pay.. quite frankly, I can't seem to put this much dough on a rep.. not quite yet hahahaha.. however, I have managed to put my name down for a gen 5711 blue dial, and waiting.. I am sure it will take years, but who cares.. I'd rather save that money for when the call comes in 2035 hahahahahahaha

enjoy in good health buddy..

regards,

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Many thanks Godfathar and BIONONE

Still though, noone seems to deal with the thickness of the project. Could someone perhaps take the case of the PFv2 and shave the extra 0.5mm off? Alternatively, could one take the case of PPFv2 and the bezel of PFv2? I am just wondering how to get the best result. Does the JJF have anything good in it that one could harvest?

Best

DJ