• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Still researching it.. pics on TD sites is not an indication tbh. But all in all.. definitely a better color dial than V.1 that was closer to the 40th anniversary blue. Let's wait and see it in the wild when people start posting thier pics here for V.2

Hey Godfathar

Are you aware if any of these latest releases have a bracelet which fits gen?

A friend has a gen, he scratched his bracelet.. I said I would check out of there was a rep strap he could use and to protect his gen.

Last edited:

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Hey Godfathar

Are you aware if any of these latest releases have a bracelet which fits gen?

A friend has a gen, he scratched his bracelet.. I said I would check out of there was a rep strap he could use and to protect his gen.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that.. I've heard of people trying to fit gen straps on reps.. but never seen anyone trying to do the opposite.

Budfox

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/4/06
I got my 5711 ppf v2 updated blue dial today. Amazing nice watch!

ed2rummy

Looking Around
18/7/19
I'm super new. I looking into getting a of 5711r but also modding it so it has a gen dial. I've read the thread and what I understand is that PF makes the best version sans the dial, so now which td sells that? Also if I'm looking to mod how much would be the total cost of can I just get the modded to buy the watch and have him mod it before it final comes to me?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm super new. I looking into getting a of 5711r but also modding it so it has a gen dial. I've read the thread and what I understand is that PF makes the best version sans the dial, so now which td sells that? Also if I'm looking to mod how much would be the total cost of can I just get the modded to buy the watch and have him mod it before it final comes to me?

All TDs can provide all watches, so just pick and choose. You will likely have to source the parts yourself. There's a section with TDs and another one with watchsmith and modders on the first page. Good luck

buttman324

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/18
Somebody tell me which blue 5711 is the best in terms of colour correctness..
ive been looking at threads for motnths and almost going for BP v2 as its color seems the most accurate for me.
but always there is issue that all pics are not taken under same conditions such like lights.
push me for pulling the trigger, I know overall quality is best at newest ppf made in terms if dates, thickness, and dial patterns etc.. I’m just looking for that greenish turquoise blue dial.. cheers

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
ive been looking at threads for motnths and almost going for BP v2 as its color seems the most accurate for me.
but always there is issue that all pics are not taken under same conditions such like lights.
push me for pulling the trigger, I know overall quality is best at newest ppf made in terms if dates, thickness, and dial patterns etc.. I’m just looking for that greenish turquoise blue dial.. cheers

Best ootb for me is PPF V2, but for the blue that you're describing which replicates an older 5711 then mk v6

BIONONE

28/4/17

just like Tobel already professionally mentioned - you have to compromise with certain factors if you want a particular blue rather than an overall stunning gen like finish/specs of the watch.

For me the PPF V2 got the most satisfying coloration as it looks less vibrant, less electrical (compared to the V1 or the blue PF dial). The MKF V6 got a very decent colored dial compared to a particular gen batch (as there are more than 3 different blues in the gen world). But like i said you have to compromise with a stiff bracelet and thicker case(back), less nicely finished movement, wrong DW font (unless you mod it with the custom DWO).

You see there is no such thing as a true answer to that question as it comes down to personal preferences and different definitions of "good compared to gen" :)

buttman324

27/6/18
Thank you both of you professionals.. I didn’t know there are several patterns of blue in gen. I just saw gen at second hand shop and that was that green dial one. It seems it is older model. It is very difficult to find a gen as there is always a long low of People waiting and there is no inventory of new5711 at dealer.
maybe I should go for mkf v6 for my preferred colour?
i will make a bit more research and will soon get it!

Tobel

6/7/17
Thank you both of you professionals.. I didn’t know there are several patterns of blue in gen. I just saw gen at second hand shop and that was that green dial one. It seems it is older model. It is very difficult to find a gen as there is always a long low of People waiting and there is no inventory of new5711 at dealer.
maybe I should go for mkf v6 for my preferred colour?
i will make a bit more research and will soon get it!

Yes take the time to read, it's important that you make your own choices about the pros and cons of each watch. All the best

JavierGranadaSpain

4/8/19
Hi, there are lots of messages here, i dont have time to read a lot, i want to buy the best replica of Patek Philippe 5711/1R (rose gold). Can somebody tell me where to buy? I want to buy ASAP. Thanks so much!!

1e8c6034867d24dd70ed7007acadaf62.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Last edited:

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Hi, there are lots of messages here, i dont have time to read a lot, i want to buy the best replica of Patek Philippe 5711/1R (rose gold). Can somebody tell me where to buy? I want to buy ASAP. Thanks so much!!

1e8c6034867d24dd70ed7007acadaf62.jpg

Stop with this before I remove you from forum

Sent from my Noob v9.5

JavierGranadaSpain

4/8/19
I am sorry, i just read a lot of messages. My conclusion, the best replica that i can buy is the PF with a GEN dial, but i cant find a gen dial and i think that is expensive, i saw the work of slaughterer62 for Godfathar and i am jealous ☺️.

So, the second option, the combo of PF bracelet with a PPF dial maybe is the best replica that i can buy today?

In case of yes, any seller can put the PPF dial on the PF bracelet and sell? Or i must to buy the 2 models?

In case of not, what is the best combination today?

Waiting for your answers.

Thanks so much!

JavierGranadaSpain

4/8/19
I am sorry, i just read a lot of messages. My conclusion, the best replica that i can buy is the PF with a GEN dial, but i cant find a gen dial and i think that is expensive, i saw the work of slaughterer62 for Godfathar and i am jealous ☺️.

So, the second option, the combo of PF bracelet with a PPF dial maybe is the best replica that i can buy today?

In case of yes, any seller can put the PPF dial on the PF bracelet and sell? Or i must to buy the 2 models?

In case of not, what is the best combination today?

Waiting for your answers.

Thanks so much!

Sorry, the best dial for rose gold is JJF, not ppf for the rose gold, right?

I am reading a lot and asking, i dont want to perturbate anybody, this is a forum and i only want to talk about this. And this is the correct forum, if you dont want, dont read me. Sorry.

Anybody can answer my questions please?
Thanks!

BIONONE

28/4/17
Sorry, the best dial for rose gold is JJF, not ppf for the rose gold, right?

I am reading a lot and asking, i dont want to perturbate anybody, this is a forum and i only want to talk about this. And this is the correct forum, if you dont want, dont read me. Sorry.

Anybody can answer my questions please?
Thanks!

People on here are pissed because the introduction to yourself and attitude - beside your post spree that reached about 6 single threads about the same question within less than 30min.

However.

You made it clear that you dont want to spent too much money on a franken project - gotcha.
To be honest this watch (5711 in RG) isnt the typical watch for someone who want to save as much money as possible for materialistic things - but thats just my point of view.

Anyways - the JJF is beside the BP dial one of the best alternatives to the gen dial even though none of them is really decent and gen like. Because - well - the gen is gen and no maker bought a gen dial for the replication of it.

If you want a decent 5711 in RG get yourself a PF base and add the JJF dial (you probably also have to buy the whole JJF watch separately).
To add even more gen-likeness you have to buy the JJF DWO (date wheel overlay) which was specifically made for this dial to match the gen font of the date.

If you are in a hurry and need the watch in the best case until next week i would cancel this project.

Otherwise - if you have enough patience - you could also speculate on a new release of a RG 5711 by PPF as their 5711 in white are one of the best current iterations of this particular model.
I wouldnt waste time and money on a RG 5711 project when you are not that deep into reps or watches on their own.
If you can appreciate the effort and expertise that go into those builds that are presented by the bespoken members on here an many others the whole situation would be something different.

But the question for the best available RG nautilus in such a way lets me assume (i am possibly and hopefully wrong) that this project you are planning is more about show the world the watch you‘ve got there.

To end up my answer - go for one of the best out of the box nautilus reps - PPF in white (one of the most subtle nautilus) or even the blue V2 from PPF even if it discussed as the best blue to date or not.

Hope that helped.

JavierGranadaSpain

4/8/19
People on here are pissed because the introduction to yourself and attitude - beside your post spree that reached about 6 single threads about the same question within less than 30min.

However.

You made it clear that you dont want to spent too much money on a franken project - gotcha.
To be honest this watch (5711 in RG) isnt the typical watch for someone who want to save as much money as possible for materialistic things - but thats just my point of view.

Anyways - the JJF is beside the BP dial one of the best alternatives to the gen dial even though none of them is really decent and gen like. Because - well - the gen is gen and no maker bought a gen dial for the replication of it.

If you want a decent 5711 in RG get yourself a PF base and add the JJF dial (you probably also have to buy the whole JJF watch separately).
To add even more gen-likeness you have to buy the JJF DWO (date wheel overlay) which was specifically made for this dial to match the gen font of the date.

If you are in a hurry and need the watch in the best case until next week i would cancel this project.

Otherwise - if you have enough patience - you could also speculate on a new release of a RG 5711 by PPF as their 5711 in white are one of the best current iterations of this particular model.
I wouldnt waste time and money on a RG 5711 project when you are not that deep into reps or watches on their own.
If you can appreciate the effort and expertise that go into those builds that are presented by the bespoken members on here an many others the whole situation would be something different.

But the question for the best available RG nautilus in such a way lets me assume (i am possibly and hopefully wrong) that this project you are planning is more about show the world the watch you‘ve got there.

To end up my answer - go for one of the best out of the box nautilus reps - PPF in white (one of the most subtle nautilus) or even the blue V2 from PPF even if it discussed as the best blue to date or not.

Hope that helped.

Thanks so much for your answer @BIONONE

I have time, there is no problem, i want to do this, buy the PF base, and buy the JJF dial and the JJF DWO if it is necessary, no problem if i must to buy this 2 models, i have money for this, and i want to pay it. I need help to buy, i need somebody to help me to buy, i am asking to the TD’s to buy it, for the moment i cant find.

Where can i find the best seller for the PF Nautilus 5711 rose gold?

Where can i buy the JJF in rose gold?

I cant find with puretime.

I can buy it and make it myself, but i prefer if i find someone that can do it for me, i can pay for it, obviously. I can waste 1000-2000$, no problem, but i prefer to pay someone to do this for me.

Do you think is possible?

Sorry for so many questions.
I hope that i can get it and show to you!
Thanks!!!