• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

Playlife

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/07
And, as usual, date wheel is wrong (plus not to forget the typing error "adjusetdto" i/o adjusted to)

Meanwhile asking myself what's the big problem with manufacturers is.

I just want a rep with:

+ correct thickness (+0,5mm would be OK)
+ correct dial with correct markers
+ PERFECT DATE WHEEL
+ good superlume
+ correct hands
+ correct strap with screwed links (not pinned)

Means, taking a look onto the watch it should look like gen.

And - frankly - I don't care a f..k on the movement, I just want a reliable one and no experiments. I personally will be the only one who will see this movement when taking the watch from my wrist, no one else will ever see this movement as I won't hand over this watch to anyone.

Manufacturers should take their care on a visible perfect clone, think a lot of people would buy a Nautilus if it looks perfect.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Well they can make this. OK no date complication and a micro integrated rotor, but this was 8.5mm thick incl. the Xtal which was proud by about 1mm.

10c0Q.md.jpg

Last edited:

Bajsaanna

Horology Curious
25/9/17
I've been following this thread for over a year now, and I think the latest one we saw on YouTube looks good.

But where do i order it from?

Bajsaanna

Horology Curious
25/9/17
I've gone through that part of the forum, the main post, sub post etc, but I don't understand where to get just that latest version of the watch.
I would like to order from the site that posted the video.

glee79

9/3/17
go to the TD section and ask them for either e PF 5711 or a MKF one.
Se the comparison thread in the Patek subforum for what you like the best. Neither is perfect.

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
Hello all,

I am new to this watch reps. I would like to get my hands on the classic Patke 5711 dark blue dial... there are so many different types of them on TD sites... is there any 1:1?
Should I get mine now or wait to summer of 2019? I have no hurry to purchase one I just want it to be solid and not feel like a toy.

Thank you all! :)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello all,

I am new to this watch reps. I would like to get my hands on the classic Patke 5711 dark blue dial... there are so many different types of them on TD sites... is there any 1:1?
Should I get mine now or wait to summer of 2019? I have no hurry to purchase one I just want it to be solid and not feel like a toy.

Thank you all! :)

I would wait because something new and better may be introduced before the summer of 2019.

Reactions: Bajsaanna and GiRA

Chred

6/11/15
Hi guys
I'm joining the club - Just ordered the BP 5711 V4 with blue dial.
I'm new to the Patek-game but have had several Rolex (both gen and replica) and one AP 15202.
However I can't seem to find any info on the BP V4 or V3 for that matter.
Has anything happened to the BP 5711 since the V2?

Sent from the RWI App

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Unfortunately not. The best version in my opinion today is the PF. And close distant second is the MKF V.5.. that's my take on what's out there today.

With all the recent developments, and rumors of a cloned patek movement, would you recommend waiting for a new releases instead of jumping the gun with the PF or MKF v5. I sold my MKF v.4, and was contemplating buying the V.5, but am not questioning it due to your extensive discussion about the topic and the advantages of PF.

I would appreciate your input whether you believe improvements are forthcoming. Thank you, Don Godfather.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
The issue with the rumours.. it has been rumoured for over a year now.. imagine if people just kept waiting for it. They would have been waiting for over a year.. and not enjoying the reps they bought mean while. So I think it's best to enjoy the reps available now. And when the so called clone comes out, then you can flip the one you have and get a new one. Who knows when that rep is going to be available. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a year..

Reactions: C Master

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
The issue with the rumours.. it has been rumoured for over a year now.. imagine if people just kept waiting for it. They would have been waiting for over a year.. and not enjoying the reps they bought mean while. So I think it's best to enjoy the reps available now. And when the so called clone comes out, then you can flip the one you have and get a new one. Who knows when that rep is going to be available. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a year..

Thank you Don Godfather. I am grateful for the sage advice. I think I'm going to pull the trigger, and just flip the watch later if a better version is released.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

As advice goes, that is as good as it gets :)