• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Yes sir!!
I can see that..
And lots of time and wait I guess.

Well, the project was completed just before the pandemic.
I wouldn't dare to think what would have happen if the pandemic was a couple of months early.

Sourcing the gen dial was another thing.

The end result though is :wowa:

lourentgarnier

Renowned Member
4/4/10
Hi folks, just to make sure, no factory delivers working moonphase, right? Just a day/night thing, isn't it?

Gin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/21
Hi all, I would like to introduce myself - Gin. I have been lurking around this forum for a while reading, learning and finally made took the step to join as a member. I want to thank all those who have contributed to this patek nautilus thread which I have read over and over the last few days. I have learnt much from especially Godfathar, Bionone, Chenakos etc. Thank you. I would also like to say that because of the information in this thread, I have finally the confidence to make my first purchase from Puretime a "Nautilus 5711/1A PPF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Textured Dial on SS Bracelet 324CS V4". My very first rep, very first step. Not sure i will do a franken yet but my next step is to look for a modder where I live.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi all, I would like to introduce myself - Gin. I have been lurking around this forum for a while reading, learning and finally made took the step to join as a member. I want to thank all those who have contributed to this patek nautilus thread which I have read over and over the last few days. I have learnt much from especially Godfathar, Bionone, Chenakos etc. Thank you. I would also like to say that because of the information in this thread, I have finally the confidence to make my first purchase from Puretime a "Nautilus 5711/1A PPF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Textured Dial on SS Bracelet 324CS V4". My very first rep, very first step. Not sure i will do a franken yet but my next step is to look for a modder where I live.

The best modder in Singapore is legend.

Gin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/21
Thank you gilrob! I will definitely keep legend in mind when I have any mod inclinations.

IamSteve557

Horology Curious
24/5/21
I thought the 3kf update was the best

Where would you say is the best place to buy the 3kf? Is there someone that allows you to look at macro pictures of the actual watches and pick which one you want...or is it just a gamble that you get a good one?

Any good modders around that help with this stuff?

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Where would you say is the best place to buy the 3kf? Is there someone that allows you to look at macro pictures of the actual watches and pick which one you want...or is it just a gamble that you get a good one?

Any good modders around that help with this stuff?

Visit AMF (Alpha Modding) in the Trusted Dealers section. They've got some very good modded rep Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 models.

Reactions: tamomota

IamSteve557

Horology Curious
24/5/21
Visit AMF (Alpha Modding) in the Trusted Dealers section. They've got some very good modded rep Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 models.

Thank you for the rec. I will reach out to them. Now, just gotta get enough posts to list my Seiko 15500 ;-)

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Imho atm the best Nautilus out there are 3KF v2 and PPF v4 5711, and PPF 5712 and 5726.

I just moved over to Patek from RM forums and eventually developed a buy list and all of these except the PPF V4 5711. But I was surprised the more I looked at the 5712 and 5726, the more I feel it needs to be in my collection. However if I had to chose between 5712 vs 5726, i would go with the 5712 due to the thinness. However the 5726 is more functional... tough call.

Reactions: Mercedesslr