• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review - Patek Philippe Multi-Scale Chronograph 5975P – Limited Edition 175th Annive

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Well well well.. As I was typing this, I realized that I started this thread in early December when I received this watch.. Yes since then I have unveiled plenty of watches, but this watch was always the one I wanted the most, maybe because it tested my patience! I have never waited for a watch this long.. 5 months almost.. wow.. I think the one thing I waited for longer was a car to be built lol..

but without taking more of your time already, I am sure you have read enough from the start of this thread..

Without further ado.. I received a nice little package that was 5 months behind hahaha.. the dial is fixed 15 is 15 now lol.. Chrono hand is white, crystal is truly crystal clear.. and a strap to die for, the garbage rep strap is out, and a shiny CF strap is in......

20160429_082911_01.jpg

20160429_083706_01.jpg

20160429_084614_01.jpg

20160429_084758_01.jpg

20160429_084813_01.jpg

20160429_084842_01.jpg

20160429_084858_01.jpg

20160429_084916_01.jpg

20160429_084940_01.jpg

?This is be on my wrist for a while.. let's end this post with nice wrist shots..

20160429_085052_01.jpg

20160429_085156_01.jpg

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Patek 5975j anniversary watch at BARGAIN PRICE!!!

The all mighty _DC_ , the real Patekaholic at RWG is selling a 5759J for a true bargain.. if you want to get a feel for one, head over there and check it out.. seriously, the price is really good.. Don't forget to tell him I sent you, he might give you a free shipping outside of UK lol

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=118788&hl

119E5EB6-0D08-4452-B580-8C2E0490E174_zpszzixghu8.jpg

Don't forget that this watch is limited edition.. prices of the gen just keeps sky rocketing..

azmah0

Known Member
5/7/16
Sir,

Awesome work.. How did you change the chrona to white??

As for the crystal as well, do you have the contact?

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
Hi GF, sorry for reviving an old thread, I like what you did with this rep and am considering going the same route. However, I can't find this model in Perfect Clones anymore, do you have any idea where else I may be able to pick it up?

Thanks in advance!

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
[MENTION=49639]brendan777[/MENTION] ..

Just put in the search box on PC's website, 5975 and you'll find it..

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
Thanks GF! Actually, I've also contacted PC and they emailed the link directly to me, heh.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
^^ yes this one was acquired from a TD over RWG.

I don't actually have a box for all the special spec PPs I'm acquiring. But that's not a bad idea at all. :)

mate, [MENTION=15751]donerix[/MENTION] has a fantastic watchbox for your Patek philippe...

Hu52OPA.png

FM9DqHf.png

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
As many people have been contacting me regarding the picture I have left in the "What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today?" I decided to bump this thread, so everyone can see the whole story about this rep and how it was modded.

Enjoy the read :wave:

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
As many people have been contacting me regarding the picture I have left in the "What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today?" I decided to bump this thread, so everyone can see the whole story about this rep and how it was modded.

Enjoy the read :wave:

I really enjoyed it, thank you very much ...

This watch you bought it in 2016 approximately, today, almost 3 years later, it´s there any update or something? Is it still possible to find it with a TD? What model is the ferrari of the last pictures? hehe

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
I really enjoyed it, thank you very much ...

This watch you bought it in 2016 approximately, today, almost 3 years later, it´s there any update or something? Is it still possible to find it with a TD? What model is the ferrari of the last pictures? hehe

honestly I'm not sure if it's possible to order it npe as it was not a very famous reference even back then, especially with the mistakes they had in it. But who knows.

No issues what so ever touch wood.

The Ferrari is an F12 mate..

lorenzodoune

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/12/18
italy
wow, very a nice piece and never seen it. i had some patek rep black, but always preferred white dials. this is however awesome in dark.

Reactions: Godfathar

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Godfathar hey mate...

Incredible result, admirable what you've done to the watch. It's fun to see what can be done. This kind of watch deserves it. I've just ordered one from Joshua in SS/black dial, waiting for the QC. I don't know.. maybe i'll try to do the same mods as you, if possible. I've already gotten the shiny grey strap for my Calatrava inspired by you.

If i understood it correctly....you sent the watch to Kenny, he fixed the dial 15/hand in white. And sent you the crystal. You sent it to the US to the professor... he sent the crystal back to you after AR coating... you sent it to Kenny and then he assembled the watch and sent you back...... omg i get how it could take 5-6 months mate :S

Is Kenny based in EU?

I know how much you love this watch. Have you thought about taking it up another level?. Because the chrono hand pushers don't work off course, as it is a miyota automatic movement... If there was installed fx a seagull ST19 movement in it - which is manual - but anyhow. The pushers will then make the seconds hand work like a chronograph. The ST19 has a subdial for seconds and a subdial for chronograph minutes. But if the hands are not installed on the subdials, it can just lie below the main dial. The case size is big enough to fit a ST19. A requirement for such an operation would off course be, that the hands has to be able to be fitted onto a ST19 or another chronograph movement (even Quartz maybe?).
But that would result in sitting back with a watch which aesthetically is 95% close to the gen and has the same functionality. That would be ideal. Only error left would be the case is SS, while the gen is platinum.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Godfathar hey mate...

Incredible result, admirable what you've done to the watch. It's fun to see what can be done. This kind of watch deserves it. I've just ordered one from Joshua in SS/black dial, waiting for the QC. I don't know.. maybe i'll try to do the same mods as you, if possible. I've already gotten the shiny grey strap for my Calatrava inspired by you.

If i understood it correctly....you sent the watch to Kenny, he fixed the dial 15/hand in white. And sent you the crystal. You sent it to the US to the professor... he sent the crystal back to you after AR coating... you sent it to Kenny and then he assembled the watch and sent you back...... omg i get how it could take 5-6 months mate :S

Is Kenny based in EU?

I know how much you love this watch. Have you thought about taking it up another level?. Because the chrono hand pushers don't work off course, as it is a miyota automatic movement... If there was installed fx a seagull ST19 movement in it - which is manual - but anyhow. The pushers will then make the seconds hand work like a chronograph. The ST19 has a subdial for seconds and a subdial for chronograph minutes. But if the hands are not installed on the subdials, it can just lie below the main dial. The case size is big enough to fit a ST19. A requirement for such an operation would off course be, that the hands has to be able to be fitted onto a ST19 or another chronograph movement (even Quartz maybe?).
But that would result in sitting back with a watch which aesthetically is 95% close to the gen and has the same functionality. That would be ideal. Only error left would be the case is SS, while the gen is platinum.

Hey buddy.. looking forward to see what you will end up with.. :)

Kenny has retired unfortunately.. he doesn't work on mods anymore.. :(

that is truly exciting what you just said.. but for me personally, I have plenty of new projects that I am working on, I don't see me going that route with this rep.. for the record, the white hand (seconds) do work, not as a chrono, but a regular movement showing the seconds..

What I might do in the future however, is to install that diamond on the case under the 6 o'clock marker..

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hey buddy.. looking forward to see what you will end up with.. :)

Kenny has retired unfortunately.. he doesn't work on mods anymore.. :(

that is truly exciting what you just said.. but for me personally, I have plenty of new projects that I am working on, I don't see me going that route with this rep.. for the record, the white hand (seconds) do work, not as a chrono, but a regular movement showing the seconds..

What I might do in the future however, is to install that diamond on the case under the 6 o'clock marker..

Ohh... Unfortunately he retired... Yeah i'll look into it.. I think the crystal coating is crucial to AR coat. It makes so much difference in your pictures. Makes it look like a really expensive piece. I'll do that and if i can find someone to do the IS/15 and the white hand it'll be good. Then i'll consider changing the movement.

Haha that would be truly awesome. You are the master of details! Because all platinum Pateks have that diamond on the case at 6 o'clock. The repmakers haven't discovered that yet.

Reactions: Godfathar

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Well the party stopped before it started :/

The dealer told me he had the watch two days ago, i therefore paid. In the morning today he confirmed to have received the money. This afternoon i got a email that the factory suddenly told him it's not available nevertheless. He have sent my money back through Paypal. Paypal off course took 17 euro for the hassle....

So...... No 5975P for me :( Would've loved to have that rep......

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Godfathar mate have you asked Watchfinder about the anniversary deployant? I know he sells the normal Patek deployants separately too. My 5975R is on its way, will get it next week. Was thinking of asking him.