Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review - Patek Philippe Multi-Scale Chronograph 5975P – Limited Edition 175th Annive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Godfathar, post: 2560642
    ^^ yes this one was acquired from a TD over RWG.

    I don't actually have a box for all the special spec PPs I'm acquiring. But that's not a bad idea at all.

    mate, [MENTION=15751]donerix[/MENTION] has a fantastic watchbox for your Patek philippe...



    I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

    Comment


      #32
      As many people have been contacting me regarding the picture I have left in the "What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today?" I decided to bump this thread, so everyone can see the whole story about this rep and how it was modded.

      Enjoy the read
      I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Godfathar View Post
        As many people have been contacting me regarding the picture I have left in the "What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today?" I decided to bump this thread, so everyone can see the whole story about this rep and how it was modded.

        Enjoy the read
        I really enjoyed it, thank you very much ...

        This watch you bought it in 2016 approximately, today, almost 3 years later, it´s there any update or something? Is it still possible to find it with a TD? What model is the ferrari of the last pictures? hehe

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by m1994 View Post

          I really enjoyed it, thank you very much ...

          This watch you bought it in 2016 approximately, today, almost 3 years later, it´s there any update or something? Is it still possible to find it with a TD? What model is the ferrari of the last pictures? hehe

          honestly I'm not sure if it's possible to order it npe as it was not a very famous reference even back then, especially with the mistakes they had in it. But who knows.

          No issues what so ever touch wood.

          The Ferrari is an F12 mate..
          I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!

          Comment


            #35
            wow, very a nice piece and never seen it. i had some patek rep black, but always preferred white dials. this is however awesome in dark.

            Comment


              #36
              Godfathar hey mate...

              Incredible result, admirable what you've done to the watch. It's fun to see what can be done. This kind of watch deserves it. I've just ordered one from Joshua in SS/black dial, waiting for the QC. I don't know.. maybe i'll try to do the same mods as you, if possible. I've already gotten the shiny grey strap for my Calatrava inspired by you.

              If i understood it correctly....you sent the watch to Kenny, he fixed the dial 15/hand in white. And sent you the crystal. You sent it to the US to the professor... he sent the crystal back to you after AR coating... you sent it to Kenny and then he assembled the watch and sent you back...... omg i get how it could take 5-6 months mate :S

              Is Kenny based in EU?

              I know how much you love this watch. Have you thought about taking it up another level?. Because the chrono hand pushers don't work off course, as it is a miyota automatic movement... If there was installed fx a seagull ST19 movement in it - which is manual - but anyhow. The pushers will then make the seconds hand work like a chronograph. The ST19 has a subdial for seconds and a subdial for chronograph minutes. But if the hands are not installed on the subdials, it can just lie below the main dial. The case size is big enough to fit a ST19. A requirement for such an operation would off course be, that the hands has to be able to be fitted onto a ST19 or another chronograph movement (even Quartz maybe?).
              But that would result in sitting back with a watch which aesthetically is 95% close to the gen and has the same functionality. That would be ideal. Only error left would be the case is SS, while the gen is platinum.
              My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

              New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

              Collection inspirational thread.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
                Godfathar hey mate...

                Incredible result, admirable what you've done to the watch. It's fun to see what can be done. This kind of watch deserves it. I've just ordered one from Joshua in SS/black dial, waiting for the QC. I don't know.. maybe i'll try to do the same mods as you, if possible. I've already gotten the shiny grey strap for my Calatrava inspired by you.

                If i understood it correctly....you sent the watch to Kenny, he fixed the dial 15/hand in white. And sent you the crystal. You sent it to the US to the professor... he sent the crystal back to you after AR coating... you sent it to Kenny and then he assembled the watch and sent you back...... omg i get how it could take 5-6 months mate :S

                Is Kenny based in EU?

                I know how much you love this watch. Have you thought about taking it up another level?. Because the chrono hand pushers don't work off course, as it is a miyota automatic movement... If there was installed fx a seagull ST19 movement in it - which is manual - but anyhow. The pushers will then make the seconds hand work like a chronograph. The ST19 has a subdial for seconds and a subdial for chronograph minutes. But if the hands are not installed on the subdials, it can just lie below the main dial. The case size is big enough to fit a ST19. A requirement for such an operation would off course be, that the hands has to be able to be fitted onto a ST19 or another chronograph movement (even Quartz maybe?).
                But that would result in sitting back with a watch which aesthetically is 95% close to the gen and has the same functionality. That would be ideal. Only error left would be the case is SS, while the gen is platinum.
                Hey buddy.. looking forward to see what you will end up with..

                Kenny has retired unfortunately.. he doesn't work on mods anymore..

                that is truly exciting what you just said.. but for me personally, I have plenty of new projects that I am working on, I don't see me going that route with this rep.. for the record, the white hand (seconds) do work, not as a chrono, but a regular movement showing the seconds..

                What I might do in the future however, is to install that diamond on the case under the 6 o'clock marker..
                Last edited by Godfathar; 04-09-19, 08:39.
                I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Godfathar View Post

                  Hey buddy.. looking forward to see what you will end up with..

                  Kenny has retired unfortunately.. he doesn't work on mods anymore..

                  that is truly exciting what you just said.. but for me personally, I have plenty of new projects that I am working on, I don't see me going that route with this rep.. for the record, the white hand (seconds) do work, not as a chrono, but a regular movement showing the seconds..

                  What I might do in the future however, is to install that diamond on the case under the 6 o'clock marker..
                  Ohh... Unfortunately he retired... Yeah i'll look into it.. I think the crystal coating is crucial to AR coat. It makes so much difference in your pictures. Makes it look like a really expensive piece. I'll do that and if i can find someone to do the IS/15 and the white hand it'll be good. Then i'll consider changing the movement.

                  Haha that would be truly awesome. You are the master of details! Because all platinum Pateks have that diamond on the case at 6 o'clock. The repmakers haven't discovered that yet.
                  My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

                  New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

                  Collection inspirational thread.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Well the party stopped before it started :/

                    The dealer told me he had the watch two days ago, i therefore paid. In the morning today he confirmed to have received the money. This afternoon i got a email that the factory suddenly told him it's not available nevertheless. He have sent my money back through Paypal. Paypal off course took 17 euro for the hassle....

                    So...... No 5975P for me Would've loved to have that rep......
                    Last edited by jm_brc_7057; 04-09-19, 17:30.
                    My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

                    New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

                    Collection inspirational thread.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Godfathar mate have you asked Watchfinder about the anniversary deployant? I know he sells the normal Patek deployants separately too. My 5975R is on its way, will get it next week. Was thinking of asking him.
                      My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

                      New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

                      Collection inspirational thread.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
                        Godfathar mate have you asked Watchfinder about the anniversary deployant? I know he sells the normal Patek deployants separately too. My 5975R is on its way, will get it next week. Was thinking of asking him.
                        I have never seen the 175th anniversary edition buckle anywhere. I don't think it was made.. but please if you get to ask him if he would source a rep buckle that is for the 175th anniversary edition I would truly appreciate it. Or else, we should find someone that would make it customised.
                        I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Godfathar I will ask him. Not a bad idea.to get it custom made. Actually it is only the pin buckle part that is different. The rest of the deployant is the same.
                          if they have to make it custom made it's only the pin buckle's outer ring with the engravings, that has to be made. The cross logo can be used from the non anniversary version.
                          My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

                          New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

                          Collection inspirational thread.

                          Comment


                            #43

                            Only this part needs to be made. Then it can be fitted on to the normal version deployant.
                            My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

                            New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

                            Collection inspirational thread.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              In all honesty, I don't think it is that easy.. depending on how good the person doing it..
                              I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Hello guys. I just want to revive this excellent thread by Godfathar with a couple of pictures and words on the 5975R, which is the rosegold version. A complete review is totally obsolete, as this in-depth review by Godfathar is awesome. And also because i mean no disrespect to the Godfathar

                                I just got it in yesterday. And i am really enjoying it. It's a really great piece. There isn't much difference from the 5975P reviewed here, other than a few key differences mentioned later.

                                Here are some pictures:


















                                The watch has some cons that are the same as the 5975P out of the box:

                                1. The "IS" flaw on the dial is there. But it is considerably insignificant, as it is really small and not visible on the wrist. Even when holding the watch you won't notice unless you are looking for it.
                                2. The watch has non-functional faux pushers, that are fixed. Can't be pressed. So this is not the kind of watch to hand over to someone. I think it's not possible to change the movement with a chrono movement to get it functional, as the pushers seems fixed.

                                The rosegold version has some pros over the 5975P:

                                1. The crystal won't need AR coating. It's lightly AR coated. It doesn't blur the dial, the dial is visible through the crystal just fine.
                                2. The 5975P was lacking a diamond in the case at 6, which all platinum Patek's have. But the R version won't have this issue, as rosegold Patek's doesn't have a diamond there.
                                3. The hand is black like the gen. In the 5975P the hand was silver, whereas in the gen it's white.

                                I highly recommend this version or the 5975G version, as these 3 cons that are in the Platinum version, needed modification, but that isn't the case in the rosegold/whitegold reps.

                                I have also done a little comparison of the rosegold quality:



                                As you can see, the ZF 5296R is very yellowish, while the TWF 6102R on the left is very reddish. The 5975R is somewhere in between oozing quality and great finishing of the mirror polished rosegold.

                                The more red rosegold is, the more copper is added, therefore lowering the gold purity. In gen watches 75% gold is normal in the rosegold alloy.
                                Last edited by jm_brc_7057; 22-11-19, 23:15.
                                My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

                                New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

                                Collection inspirational thread.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X