• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Wow mate! Nice.... Beautiful dial color.

Pretty nice for a gate watch !

This is the gen, Gondolo 5124G-011 :

patek_4878293.jpg

Main differences are : Crown sits flush with the case, but that can be easily corrected with a bit of sanding and stem shortening ; silver outer ring of the dial but I'm not sure I really like that part of the gen, sometime I like and sometime I don't, the 12 marker that is not a numeral on the gen, the subdial have a different chapter ring and the swiss made text is missing, other than that it's pretty well made for around 100€

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Main differences are : Crown sits flush with the case, but that can be easily corrected with a bit of sanding and stem shortening ; silver outer ring of the dial but I'm not sure I really like that part of the gen, sometime I like and sometime I don't, the 12 marker that is not a numeral on the gen, the subdial have a different chapter ring and the swiss made text is missing, other than that it's pretty well made for around 100€
Wow that's pretty good for the price. I think the stem shortening and the 12 numeral can both be fixed if one would like to. But it's so convincing that people won't know anyhow if it's a gen or not. Also it's a rare watch. Haha i agree, i like the silver subdial ring on the rep more than the gen!
It's very small flaws they made.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Wow that's pretty good for the price. I think the stem shortening and the 12 numeral can both be fixed if one would like to. But it's so convincing that people won't know anyhow if it's a gen or not. Also it's a rare watch. Haha i agree, i like the silver subdial ring on the rep more than the gen!
It's very small flaws they made.

There's a closer rep on the gate for a little bit more money (around $50 more) with a white ring and correct 12 numeral but the gen has a silver ring, the white ring make it way uglier on the rep and I find the subdial to be poorly made on that other gate version, hence I've chosen this one, don't really care about accuracy on that rare piece as you said

The closer piece is the 5124J-001, yellow gold with the exact same dial details but in white & gold :

5124j-001.jpg

As far as I know this model doesn't come in white gold / blue dial, but one could easily imagine a bespoke piece from Patek

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Glaude
yeah. It's funny they made the WG/blue dial rep exactly like the YG version. They apparently didn't realize that the blue dial version gen is different than the YG version gen:

But then again, who would know this and notice it.

I strongly believe a lot of factories only browse for high res pictures of various angle of a watch to rep it and then take it from there and make variations of it, not the first time I see this type of stuff happen, especially on gate reps

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
Glaude, that's a pretty decent watch. What search words did you use on DhGate to find this please?