• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

chiccovn

4/10/19
2Oa88.jpg

this goes with that

Last edited:

chiccovn

4/10/19
Really nice. Which rep is this? It looks like a 3940. But what factory?

I think it's a Miyota making all the date complications functional, yes? And the moon is a day-night indicator?

Unfortunately it’s a gen, 5140 g ultrathin perpetual!

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Revolper Just look at it as an early Xmas present to yourself :clap_1:. On a serious note, I'd honestly buy the SS (and have both) if it ever comes up on M2M. The ivory dial just makes it such a classy looking watch.

daft772 Thank you sir! I get to enjoy 2 hobbies in 1 place :).

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
Oh man! This is insane!! Where did you get this piece?? I thought DC was the only one with this rep in painted dial.

I was inspired by the DC Treatment! Took me a while but with my shaky hands, I managed to put the clear paints in the right areas using a loupe.

The standard rep comes with the 24 hour ring with numbers advancing the wrong way. The numbers should be 1,2,3,4 in clockwise direction. I printed out a new correct hour ring and put it on.

The city ring font on the standard rep is the font for the 5231. I replaced it with the font for the 5131.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I was inspired by the DC Treatment! Took me a while but with my shaky hands, I managed to put the clear paints in the right areas using a loupe.

The standard rep comes with the 24 hour ring with numbers advancing the wrong way. The numbers should be 1,2,3,4 in clockwise direction. I printed out a new correct hour ring and put it on.

The city ring font on the standard rep is the font for the 5231. I replaced it with the font for the 5131.

Hehe nice work mate! It came out really well. the colors look nice.

Exactly the numbers advance the wrong way on the rep. How you did that is amazing.

I actually did note the font on your picture. DC's rep doesn't have the faux pusher at 10 but it has the correct font. Yours has the pusher at 10. And i know that the version with the pusher at 10 has the wrong font. How did you replace the fonts of the city ring?

In a way yours have become closer to gen than DC's, because your dates advance the right way and you have the pusher at 10.

Last edited: