• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
No love for pateks ?!

Would love to see some more wristshots - especially of some 5980 reps

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

I think BP ruined the love for their 5980 reps with the rattly bracelets, tacky decoration and thickness like a chunky burger hehe

other wise you are right - the 5980 is an underrated reference for bigger wrists while being a bit controversial towards the original ultra thin concept of a nautilus.

The new gen world timer got also a bit weird proportions...

Reactions: Mr.Marbella

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
e4effb89dd15cf03275abe872f34777d.jpg
349280a1f9c9fafa3be25571a83c7f8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
I think BP ruined the love for their 5980 reps with the rattly bracelets, tacky decoration and thickness like a chunky burger hehe

other wise you are right - the 5980 is an underrated reference for bigger wrists while being a bit controversial towards the original ultra thin concept of a nautilus.

The new gen world timer got also a bit weird proportions...

I'm still holding on to BP V.1 undecorated (was one of the lucky ones to snatch it when it first came out). The closest you would get to the gen when it comes to thickness and overall look.. especially after modding the chrono hand and making it the same silver colour as the gen ;)

20160322-085350-01.jpg

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I'm still holding on to BP V.1 undecorated (was one of the lucky ones to snatch it when it first came out). The closest you would get to the gen when it comes to thickness and overall look.. especially after modding the chrono hand and making it the same silver colour as the gen ;)

Good old times hehe

Awesome piece! I was following the process of modding with interest back then when you posted about it.

The mod really enhances the beauty and concept of different finishes to complete a visual appearance like seen on not too many other watches.

Lucky you ;)

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
But why ? You already have the rg 5711 with gen dial, so you should pass both 5980s to me lol

Very nice pp collection mate

They're yours at same percentage premium the gen goes for.
So take stock rep price, multiply it by x % (in this case about 50%) and offer it to
Godfathar

If this helped, I'm expecting a fair share in this too for acting as your advisor.So take stock rep price, multiply it by x % (in this case about 50%) and offer it to

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Marbella

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Hahahahahahaha.. very interesting approach .. but it is going for more than 50% premium according to the latest auctions. But I love the idea.. Patek Philippe is making even the ones buying reps benefit ;)

Reactions: QueTip