• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
dScwj.jpg

Last edited:

Sonil

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
17/3/15
It’s 3K factory.

I’m sure people will jump in and disagree with my next statement, but bear in mind I’ve owned one or two Patek reps over the years (39 to be precise, and 91 reps in total)... this is the best rep I’ve owned, not just best Patek rep, THE BEST REP, and by a long way!!

DC

Your view on the 3K rubber strap?

Sonil

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
17/3/15
All this talk of poor quality rubber is a load of nonsense, unless I just got lucky. Rubber on mine is lovely, supple and high quality feel, I don’t know what the fuss is about?! I’ve had bad quality rubber straps believe me, this is not one of them!!

DC

Cheers DC. Appreciate your answers and comments. Think some people on here expect perfection on a rep that is multiples lower in cost than gen!!!!

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
All this talk of poor quality rubber is a load of nonsense, unless I just got lucky. Rubber on mine is lovely, supple and high quality feel, I don’t know what the fuss is about?! I’ve had bad quality rubber straps believe me, this is not one of them!!

DC

Full respect to you, but have you handled the gen strap and compared it to the 3K? I have both and like the gen a lot more, despite the gap. I found that the gen strap does not fit perfectly due to its slightly narrowed width and small diameter end metal protrusion.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Full respect to you, but have you handled the gen strap and compared it to the 3K? I have both and like the gen a lot more, despite the gap. I found that the gen strap does not fit perfectly due to its slightly narrowed width and small diameter end metal protrusion.

No I haven’t, but the gen strap on it’s own costs more than the whole 3K rep so hardly a fair comparison. I don’t believe it’s any worse than any other Aquanaut rep, at least mine isn’t. Judging by some comments I’ve seen there are either several batches of different quality or some people are exaggerating how bad they think it is for dramatic effect. Almost all rep straps are crap, fact, so in the world of rep straps this one is excellent IMO.

My statement stands, best rep I’ve ever owned!

DC

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
No I haven’t, but the gen strap on it’s own costs more than the whole 3K rep so hardly a fair comparison. I don’t believe it’s any worse than any other Aquanaut rep, at least mine isn’t. Judging by some comments I’ve seen there are either several batches of different quality or some people are exaggerating how bad they think it is for dramatic effect. Almost all rep straps are crap, fact, so in the world of rep straps this one is excellent IMO.

My statement stands, best rep I’ve ever owned!

DC

I think it is one of the best rep ;-)
But I am very worried about the ghost line that is not present in the rubber 3k

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I think it is one of the best rep ;-)
But I am very worried about the ghost line that is not present in the rubber 3k

I mean, that ghost line is only perceivable from close distance and under certain lightning conditions and angle.

The comfort and enjoyment the gen straps bring worth the pennies, at least for my gen cut straps cos $150 on my slim wrist.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I know I’m going to regret asking this..... but what on earth is the ghost line?!

DC

The almost invisible curvature on the gen strap end which lines up with the lug. This thread around page 244 and the 3K tim Aquanaut thread around page 33 (my gen straps on 3K Aquanaut pictures are there).

"Patekologist" :harhar:

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Unnecesary buddy?

DC maybe doesn't know what the made-up word "ghost line" means, but it certainly doesn't make him less knowledgeable on Patek reps.

My apology to DC and you. Note that after I post original post I had to take my time there to find a perfect smiley face. Internet is just words, while our daily face-to-face interaction comprises both verbal and body languages.

Sorry!

Last edited: