• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Also in blue PPF is better than the other trust me ;)

The color of a dial is an important part to consider but also important (especially when it comes to Patek) is to consider the thickness of the case and the thickness and flexibility of the bracelet. The MKF is thick and not flexible (it could be called out in a moment), PF is better than MKF but the color of the dial is wrong, PPF (I think better in gray than blue) is the best choice to get a good rep of a 5711

Stop spreading false information and nonsense please, this have been overly discussed and the consensus is nowhere near what you say. I don't care, but think about the noobs

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
Stop spreading false information and nonsense please, this have been overly discussed and the consensus is nowhere near what you say. I don't care, but think about the noobs

What are you talking about?
Have you ever had a gen 5711 in hand?
Have you ever had 5711 PF and MKF in hand?
Have you ever compared the gen with one of these rep?

Why you talk about false information?! I’m talking about something that I know. And I hope to help, with my experiences, who wants to get a good product.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
What are you talking about?
Have you ever had a gen 5711 in hand?
Have you ever had 5711 PF and MKF in hand?
Have you ever compared the gen with one of these rep?

Why you talk about false information?! I’m talking about something that I know. And I hope to help, with my experiences, who wants to get a good product.

First of all, you lower your virtual tone with me.
Then :
1- Yes
2- Yes
2- Yes

Anything else ?

I've made an in-depth review on the Mk, I've been involved in all the recent PP threads, I've read everything posted about them, all the reviews from all people, I don't remember anything good coming out of your comments in that thread, nor any valuable information that could back up you saying "dude trust me".

The subject of the bracelet is showing that you know very little about the MKF bracelet, should you talk about the dial colour, there would be room for discussion...

So yes, your post is misleading and spread false information, and this is not the thread for such discussions, go to comment on the thread talking about the PPF if you want to impose your view. Here you're just trying to rewrite in a way that pleases you, what's already been discussed. This post is for wrist shot, if you want to continue this nonsense, go into the aforementioned post

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
VNNPWZ.jpg

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Beautiful!

Hey Godfathar .... i was of the impression that you moved it on? It's really nice combo. Very original. I was considering the blue dial one though.

I've read a lot of the threads about this watch here and on the sister fora and there are so many views on it. Mostly people are reacting towards the fonts on the day/month and date wheel and also the much sunken DW. Some react towards that the moon phase is merely a 24hr indicator, which i'm okay with. Do you think it's a big issue with the fonts and sunken DW? I mean are they done very bad? Or is it only as long as you don't have the gen to compare with, then you can live with it?

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Hey Godfathar .... i was of the impression that you moved it on? It's really nice combo. Very original. I was considering the blue dial one though.

I've read a lot of the threads about this watch here and on the sister fora and there are so many views on it. Mostly people are reacting towards the fonts on the day/month and date wheel and also the much sunken DW. Some react towards that the moon phase is merely a 24hr indicator, which i'm okay with. Do you think it's a big issue with the fonts and sunken DW? I mean are they done very bad? Or is it only as long as you don't have the gen to compare with, then you can live with it?

Hey buddy.. the sunken DW is not a problem on the wrist.. doesn't show.. just make sure during QC pics to ask the TD to send you few pics of the DW turned to different dates to see if it is centred or not.. they seem to miss that allot and it might be slanted a bit.. other than that enjoy in good health..

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Vacco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/19
Is there a reason why there are a lot of Nautiluses here? I rarely see a dress watch PP like the Calatrava, how come?

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
TY, I do not know if I can stick to this dial. I might end up trying to get the brown one.

I have never seen the RG with a white dial, it looks really great, I hope one day PP will consider this dial option.. overall, the look is magnificent..

Fab_G

Horology Curious
14/6/19
xaneda

From my personal experience, I have the same feeling.
Although, PPF would not me my favourite choice for a blue dial.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Mr.Marbella

PF with ppf dial and hands. Massive thank you to mr.marbella gifting the parts to me. Now to get a keylog datewheel. Does anyone have a spare ppf minute hand they would sell me?

Last edited: