• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
2 things that would show it are the base of the hands and the date font (ignoring the movement and thickness). Contemplating getting a rep, if i do i will definitively make a 1 on 1.

Definately would love to see a side by side :) To me, the rep colour is still holding me back from getting one, I just can't get over how green it looks under broad daylight from pictures.

Shady2

Known Member
22/12/13
Definately would love to see a side by side :) To me, the rep colour is still holding me back from getting one, I just can't get over how green it looks under broad daylight from pictures.

I can tell you for sure that the gen does have a green/gray hue under direct sunlight. indoors is a different story , its an ever changing dial color. If the color is the only thing holding you back I would say go for it, its pretty accurate.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
I can tell you for sure that the gen does have a green/gray hue under direct sunlight. indoors is a different story , its an ever changing dial color. If the color is the only thing holding you back I would say go for it, its pretty accurate.

That's interesting, the reason being is... I held a gen at a local AD 2 weeks ago, the dail was so dark, it was a very very deep blue, I was suprised at how dark they look in real life. But it was at night and with indoor lighting. The rep colour looks nothing like it from what I see here, but then again holding it in real life might change my opinion.

Please post side by side pics if you do get your hands on the rep :)

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Ok my 2 cents.. I have the rep. And saw the gen in person few times. I can assure you the color is very close to the gen. The gen is deep blue and has the green grey huegh to it. And the rep is also the same. Here are pics from insta of a gen. I tell you, I see it exactly like the dial color of my Rep.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Ok my 2 cents.. I have the rep. And saw the gen in person few times. I can assure you the color is very close to the gen. The gen is deep blue and has the green grey huegh to it. And the rep is also the same. Here are pics from insta of a gen. I tell you, I see it exactly like the dial color of my Rep.

Thanks for the input as always Godfather, with you ensuring that I think I am more convinced.

Umm I think I need to get one now :)

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
I must add one thing though, the 5980A gen dial has a bit of a shine to it, where the rep dial doesn't have a shine even if you place a direct light on it, it will not have a shine. but that's a small difference that is not a tell and the crystal is covering it up anyway as it reflects light..

come on guys, it's a picture thread, if you are going to talk, you have to at least place a picture to your comment :p

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
This is my contribution to the thread ;)

20160218_084804_01.jpg

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
^^ This thread is becoming really enriched.. enjoy in good health buddy.. this you won't find a rep for..

D

d4m.test

That's what I thought but I may have missed something! The travel time is awesome

Sent from my iPhone V6.5sc using Tapatalk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/15
A grey dial 5711 on bracelet doesn't actually exist right? So is that an immediate tell that it's a rep?

Or if someone asks, can you say you just swapped the strap for the bracelet lol

jasontang

28/4/14
Just a quick comparison between a gen 5711 above and my BP 5711 below . Spot on dial color. :)

IMG_20151212_215619.jpg

hmm I currently own a Gen 5711 and the color look nothing like this. The Gen photo must have been edited / filtered. Its way off..