• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experimenting with various Nautilus OEM straps

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Hello fellow Patek lovers!

I have both the Nautilus 5711/g and 5711/r, I kept the 5711/g on a gen Alligator strap (same as gen combination) and for the 5711/r I had Donerix make me a custom brown strap (also same look as gen combination) using the rep strap as a donor for the inserts.

I recently snagged a gen black calf leather and rubber coated strap on eBay for an awesome price and decided to install it on my 5711/g instead of the Alligator. I then installed the Alligator strap on the 5711/r and even though that strap was made for the 5711/g I think the black leather goes AMAZINGLY well with the Rose Gold and I now like it even better than the brown combination like the gen has.

I wonder what you guys think?

couvreur

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/6/12
Believe me, in real life, it's not!
I have the same combo and to me it really makes the watch "sports-chic" (as Patek's advertising claims)

aututto

Renowned Member
27/10/12
I love that strap on the SS. The simple deep black draws more attention to the styling of the dial. I also like how it makes the SS pop. The rg looks great on gator as well, makes it much dressier. I find it awesome how the change in finish can completely change the niche of it. Nice pieces, I believe its time for me to order one!

D

d4m.test

Looks stunning on strap! here is mine on SS

patek1.jpg

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I love the gold and black!
Simply stunning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I agree, the pictures don't do the strap justice but it looks amazing in real. The black and gold looks awesome as well, so dressy!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
This is one of a little few reps I haven't owned..!
Thinking I need that black and gold in my life!...Lol..!
Congrats on the wonderful pieces! Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Hello fellow Patek lovers!

I have both the Nautilus 5711/g and 5711/r, I kept the 5711/g on a gen Alligator strap (same as gen combination) and for the 5711/r I had Donerix make me a custom brown strap (also same look as gen combination) using the rep strap as a donor for the inserts.

I recently snagged a gen black calf leather and rubber coated strap on eBay for an awesome price and decided to install it on my 5711/g instead of the Alligator. I then installed the Alligator strap on the 5711/r and even though that strap was made for the 5711/g I think the black leather goes AMAZINGLY well with the Rose Gold and I now like it even better than the brown combination like the gen has.

I wonder what you guys think?

Are these gen? If not, which factory and do they still make them :)