• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
The V2 case seems to need a better finish around those edges. The V1 & gen are much more rounded. Judging by the photos.

centrum

27/7/14
Thanks Heisenberg. What a great contribution. I see people mentioning about a new gen dial variant. Do newer gen dials have a darker hue? Also the V2's moon phase background's blue is way different to the gen.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Considering the possible dial color variations of the gens I think in the case of blue Nautilus reps the point isn't / shouldn't be that question which dial color is more similar to gens' but which dial color one likes more. Personally I like the v1 color much more even though I miss some blue from it.

Gizmo11

Horology Curious
16/6/18
All the makers are smart... They do this for a reason. If they give us the 1/1 rep, we wont continue buying different variations. ;)

Reactions: SimoneC71

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Thanks for the great pics Heisenberg. Agree that the V2 dial color is closer to the later release gens. Different from V1 and older gens but still gorgeous.
The thickness, recessed crown, clone movement, and working PR push it over the edge for me. I'll get the movement serviced then slap this bad boy on the wrist.

Here's a recent gen from the web for comparison.

Zvebns.jpg

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Thanks for the great pics Heisenberg. Agree that the V2 dial color is closer to the later release gens. Different from V1 and older gens but still gorgeous.
The thickness, recessed crown, clone movement, and working PR push it over the edge for me. I'll get the movement serviced then slap this bad boy on the wrist.

Here's a recent gen from the web for comparison.

Zvebns.jpg

Crown guards look odd in this pic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

man5on90

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
All sized up and ready to wear. I'm impressed with it. Particularly the working power reserve. The rotor is still noisey imo. And winds like a cheap asian movement. But ticks along nicely. I tend to agree with others that the V1 had better gradient than this. But it has been proven that the gens have different variations as well.
ee667b57feef87bd9cba869a835df638.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
And winds like a cheap asian movement.

My gen 5712 and wife’s gen Twenty-4 are about the same. The PPF and gen windings have similar feel actually. They are nowhere near as smooth as some other gens in my collection (smoothest winding watches I own are AP, JLC, Hublot Unico).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

Thank you for the videos this is very helpful. Ultimately it is the decision of the individual of course whether or not they like this dial. The working power reserve on V2 is nice, but not enough for me to get the V2 over V1 I have. In my opinion, it is correct that there are different blue variations of colors in gen Patek and even AP, however I have never seen any dials with this purple hue that V2 has. Again, just my opinion and each individual can determine.

man5on90

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
The PPF and gen windings have similar feel actually.

Wow. Ok, so that doesn't necessarily mean low quality then. It's just the engineering behind it i guess. I was just simply comparing the winding motion of a VSF sub to this. Both have a very different feel. I must say, congrats on having a gen. And I think the rest of us should feel privileged to have a person who has a gen and a rep to compare. Not to mention that you have a V1 as well ...lol Great stuff!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Considering the possible dial color variations of the gens I think in the case of blue Nautilus reps the point isn't / shouldn't be that question which dial color is more similar to gens' but which dial color one likes more. Personally I like the v1 color much more even though I miss some blue from it.

exactly my sentiment. I do not like the grey gradient for this or 5711 - i like it when it's "blue". Subjective, agreed

Reactions: thumbsarehandy