• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Notice that the new 2022 gen has bolder 5:00 and 7:00 chapter dots at the periphery

Reactions: SimoneC71

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
From the Patek website... No green reflections, slightly more blue moon phases color. In V3 it will be improved but the overall jump between v1 and v2 is not fair to forget. Before it was a complicated watch with virtually no working complications, the movement was practically just decorated and with the rotor moved 60 degrees.

Hahahahahahahahaha
This is a render pics bro :)

SimoneC71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/22
Hahahahahahahahaha
This is a render pics bro :)

Hello, I know it's a render pics and not a "live" photo. I am not fully satisfied, as I believe the majority of users, with this color. It was just to point out that something has recently changed both in the description and in the Patek photo render compared to before. The color of the moon phase sky does not like it, too different. I wonder, also based on the choice of color of the latest release of the PPF model of reference 2726 / 1A-014:
why did PPF change color after 5712 V1 which was much much better overall?
I agree with you, the choice seems wrong to me

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Hello, I know it's a render pics and not a "live" photo. I am not fully satisfied, as I believe the majority of users, with this color. It was just to point out that something has recently changed both in the description and in the Patek photo render compared to before. The color of the moon phase sky does not like it, too different. I wonder, also based on the choice of color of the latest release of the PPF model of reference 2726 / 1A-014:

Isn't it obvious that factories do that to sell future versions?

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
FYI from TD: “the first batch is not good to me, PPF is updating the new batch, maybe takes about extra 2 weeks”

maybe dial update in progress?

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

The V1 dial was sold by Green Factory at first, then due to raid the same watch was sold first by ZF and last by PPF. So the V1 is not a product that originates from PPF and its parts manufacturers. We can clearly see that the color of the 5712 V2 is identical to their 5711, so I assume they use the same dial manufacturer

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Even some of the major Chinese dealers themselves say they are not happy with the dial colour

Reactions: leo6929

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

Here's a 2022 gen I saw on c24. Colors of the PPF V2 dial look somewhat close, but I much prefer the green tone of the V1

Reactions: grafixen

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
3a6d0ea9fdfc267a35cd6669bf0aaf83.jpg

Dial for sale from a non TD I do business with.
Apparently is a “SW” dial, I’m not sure if it means something to anyone here, I’ve never heard of it.

And it costs £300

Thoughts?

Reactions: leo6929

ywg

3/7/17
3a6d0ea9fdfc267a35cd6669bf0aaf83.jpg

Apparently is a “SW” dial, I’m not sure if it means something to anyone here, I’ve never heard of it.

And it costs £300

Thoughts?

Looks just like the ZF/PPF V1.

Reactions: nobigdeal2010

BIONONE

28/4/17

And it costs £300

Thoughts?

SW is a factory just like buff - the produce custom dials. They came up with a green dial and some custom gem set ones. Buff is still on top with his stuff though - not to speak of the fact that obviously nobody really has a connection to the real buff factory and many resellers on WeChat are doing shady things the last months...

However - this dial looks straight like a V1 with a bit more rounded polished markers. The moon phase cut out like some members already pointed out is indeed too small - the date ring too thick and I can imagine the dimensions are very much off compared to the clone caliber.

Keep in mind the dial cut outs on the outer diameter that have to be apparent on the gen dial in order to assemble/disassemble the movement properly. If you look on the bay or c24 you will see a major difference in the construction of the gen dial itself.

On a site note - AP is known for using their dials as an upper bridge to reduce thickness in some of their references which is quite clever - don't know which reference it was though...

Just imagine the possibilities of reducing the thickness of a nautilus by another 0.5mm haha :D

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
SW is a factory just like buff - the produce custom dials. They came up with a green dial and some custom gem set ones. Buff is still on top with his stuff though - not to speak of the fact that obviously nobody really has a connection to the real buff factory and many resellers on WeChat are doing shady things the last months...

However - this dial looks straight like a V1 with a bit more rounded polished markers. The moon phase cut out like some members already pointed out is indeed too small - the date ring too thick and I can imagine the dimensions are very much off compared to the clone caliber.

Keep in mind the dial cut outs on the outer diameter that have to be apparent on the gen dial in order to assemble/disassemble the movement properly. If you look on the bay or c24 you will see a major difference in the construction of the gen dial itself.

On a site note - AP is known for using their dials as an upper bridge to reduce thickness in some of their references which is quite clever - don't know which reference it was though...

Just imagine the possibilities of reducing the thickness of a nautilus by another 0.5mm haha :D

Has Buff had a bad reputation previously? There are threads on here discussing how he did not reply back to people for days after having taken their money?

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19

Audemars Piguet also used the caseback as the movement mainplate on a vintage tourbillon (I think it was the first automatic self winding tourbillon produced). Super odd ball looking watch, but interesting the lengths these manufacturers will go to produce something complex and ultra thin (4.8mm thick)...

Reactions: BIONONE

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Has Buff had a bad reputation previously? There are threads on here discussing how he did not reply back to people for days after having taken their money?

The threads are about a particular seller that sells Buff parts....not about Buff maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lariram

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK

Sadly we will never get an AP Perpetual Calendar Ultra Thin replica, the thing is 6.3mm.
Without doubt the best engineered watch of a generation if I may say imho.
https://youtu.be/DqndQHx5ldI
This video is one of, if not the best 10min watch video in the whole YouTube. Explains exactly from where the idea of such a thin watch came
from and the use of the dial as bridge, how they managed to put this together using stronger metals to reduce distortion.

Only AP for this one as the Bvlgari ones are ugly as f and don’t have the same appeal.

Reactions: BIONONE