• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
too much talk. No one will ever see the tiny details but the color will. anyone who knows about watchmaking knows that the purple Nautilus does not exist. PPF V2 got the dial color wrong which for me is the most important thing!

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Courier guy came through in time for the weekend.. In the wild!

7a906c13db588431b9da60ae31f702f7.jpg

Sorry my photography skills are amateurish at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you at least show a front on photo under natural light?

burnz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/09
Couple more shots as requested. Taken outdoors just before sunset. Straight up iphone pics with no post-processing.

Hope these photos help those who either want to take the plunge to order one, or want to find fatal flaws to not order one.

Direct frontal with phone over watch, to take away the reflection/glare:

9b9bb08e542be7d51e13aff4b06e358f.jpg

Phone camera at an angle away from the watch face.. Some reflection on the glass:

7015c597bde5c9ab771816c6943dde09.jpg

Will take more when the sun's out tomorrow.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
anyone who knows about watchmaking knows that the purple Nautilus does not exist.!

If you say so mate. Watchmakers aren’t all internet nerds that spend their time memorising the colour of every gen pic in ever light and every angle. Fuck knows what is gen and what isn’t. Lol. Just buy what looks good to your eyes.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
If you say so mate. Watchmakers aren’t all internet nerds that spend their time memorising the colour of every gen pic in ever light and every angle. Fuck knows what is gen and what isn’t. Lol. Just buy what looks good to your eyes.

I had gen 5711 and gen 5712 years ago, when they could still be bought at reasonable prices. Unfortunately I was a fool to resell them. But the thing I've always liked about the Nautilus is that blue / green / gray color mix. I understand that these are reps but they must pay tribute to the gen! I really liked the color of the V1, maybe a little too green in some lights, but really nice!

Reactions: leo6929

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Couple more shots as requested. Taken outdoors just before sunset. Straight up iphone pics with no post-processing.

Hope these photos help those who either want to take the plunge to order one, or want to find fatal flaws to not order one.

Phone camera at an angle away from the watch face.. Some reflection on the glass:

Please mate
More and more maybe video 4K 120fps with a Leica camera please mate lol

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I had gen 5711 and gen 5712 years ago, when they could still be bought at reasonable prices. Unfortunately I was a fool to resell them. But the thing I've always liked about the Nautilus is that blue / green / gray color mix. I understand that these are reps but they must pay tribute to the gen! I really liked the color of the V1, maybe a little too green in some lights, but really nice!

Never a fool man
We can’t predict that a social media would bump so hard the watch industry to this madness we are in.
Prices are being driven up due to Instagram and YouTube, how the hell could we imagine that?

If you were a fool, what do you call someone who sold the following
RM35-01 for 160k
116519 under retail
116655 under retail

And passed on
Pepsi and Batman (for a root beer)
15400 (waiting for a 15202)
5711 blue (waiting for a nautilus 5980)
5712 RG leather strap (waiting for the same 5980)

Oh, and never got the 5980 or the 15202
Made a comment with the AD about the 5990 and his reaction was a laugh as if I made the funniest joke ever (ended up getting that 5990 directly from PP tho, who’s laughing now?)

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Lol.. Best photo gear I've got is an iPhone 12 Pro..

Just teasing brother

Enjoy the piece and pls do share your thoughts on the blue shade over the time you’re using it

SimoneC71

29/5/22
I believe that many opinions on the correct or incorrect color of the 5712 / 1A-001 model do not give importance to one fundamental information: has the color remained the same since the presentation or has it changed?
Otherwise, it is useless to compare a gen purchased 10 years ago with the gen that is now (in dreams) sold by official Patek sellers. I learned from an official seller that since the presentation of the model 5726 / 1A-014 after Basel 2019
the color of this new reference is changed compared to the previous color of the 5711 and 5712 models. The color of the 5712 has changed (a lot or a little I don't know, it would be necessary to compare a previous and next gen model)
Also in the description on the Patek website we talk about blue and shades tending to black for 5712 and 5726. The PPF rep full functions is later than V1 of 5712. If they have changed the color it may be to be more similar to the Gen currently in production. Does anyone have reports to verify this? However, I find it (in the photos in natural light) splendid.

Reactions: wubsub and burnz

burnz

29/4/09
Just teasing brother

Enjoy the piece and pls do share your thoughts on the blue shade over the time you’re using it

No worries mate..

It's gonna be hard for me to comment on color shades considering I'm partially color blind :p

But what I can at least discern is that the build quality is top notch & gen-like (comparable to a gen 5726 I owned). And I thought PPF did a brilliant job with the movement. Runs butter smooth and quiet, all functionalities are working fine and keeping good time so far (fingers crossed). It's really a lot of watch for the price paid.

burnz

29/4/09
I believe that many opinions on the correct or incorrect color of the 5712 / 1A-001 model do not give importance to one fundamental information: has the color remained the same since the presentation or has it changed?
Otherwise, it is useless to compare a gen purchased 10 years ago with the gen that is now (in dreams) sold by official Patek sellers. I learned from an official seller that since the presentation of the model 5726 / 1A-014 after Basel 2019
the color of this new reference is changed compared to the previous color of the 5711 and 5712 models. The color of the 5712 has changed (a lot or a little I don't know, it would be necessary to compare a previous and next gen model)
Also in the description on the Patek website we talk about blue and shades tending to black for 5712 and 5726. The PPF rep full functions is later than V1 of 5712. If they have changed the color it may be to be more similar to the Gen currently in production. Does anyone have reports to verify this? However, I find it (in the photos in natural light) splendid.

I would second that last sentence you made. To my eyes, the watch & dial pops under natural light. I would describe it black-blue (lighter in the centre, and then darker towards the outer edge) with some sunburst effect.

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey

That looks wonderful, close to gen colour or not, it's stunning.

Well done lad

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: racingeagle