• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Bendori

2/5/16
I’m okay with the purplish dial so probably not getting one before I receive my watch.

Here are some photos they advertised. The modded version is about 1.3k with a buff dial, hands, and full-watch polishing (looks neat but again we all know how often they use gen pics in

Both. All factories stop accepting returns. Plus Dandong is the supplier of most super-clone (Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Patek, AP, Jaeger) and some 7750 movements. Rumour says 3K and Clean has shut down their PP and half-gold sub production lines.

Could you please share where you got the news of 3k shutting down their PP production line? It doesn't make sense to me as they are the only factory with the 324 clone in the market. Thanks

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Could you please share where you got the news of 3k shutting down their PP production line? It doesn't make sense to me as they are the only factory with the 324 clone in the market. Thanks

If true, 3KF will sell the "rights" of their 324 SC to some other factory. Just like Noob did with their 4320.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
If true, 3KF will sell the "rights" of their 324 SC to some other factory. Just like Noob did with their 4320.

Noob contract with movement manufacturers expired in June 2021 if I recall

RxJP

Horology Curious
5/6/22
USA
If you look at several TD pages you’ll notice the ones that have listed the 5712 PPF v2 “available in a few weeks” show they they are promoting “correct dial color and finishing” on their pages. Confirmed through message with TD - looking forward to the QC images from late July/early August to see what PPF comes up with.

Reactions: mech500 and Tobel

thats_not_funny_guys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/22
If you look at several TD pages you’ll notice the ones that have listed the 5712 PPF v2 “available in a few weeks” show they they are promoting “correct dial color and finishing” on their pages. Confirmed through message with TD - looking forward to the QC images from late July/early August to see what PPF comes up with.

The current dial color is correct. It is more purplish in every recent photos from this year’s 5712. The only issue I have is the bronze pinions, but at the end of the day, they are very small and not very noticeable. I plan on ordering soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: man5on90

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Stop trying to compare gen photos online in efforts to see if the rep dial is right/wrong. There are too many variables that will make it impossible to do a real comparison.. Different lighting, different whitebalance, colourgrading, angle to lightsource, etc. etc.

Let me illustrate.. Same watch and even the same camera, pictures are taken days apart under different lighting conditions.
z2EOHX.jpg
z2EqEc.jpg

Last edited:

Punchou

Horology Curious
12/11/20

The rumour comes from the Chinese circle, but really I’m not surprised. 3K’s Nautilus and Aquanaut were out of stock for a very long time in China, instead they’ve been adverting Daytona under the name of BT/Better (yep they’re the same factory).

And like I said Dandong does not have sufficient production capacity to meet the demand at the moment so they decided to stop providing 324 that’s the main reason. I think it’s only temporary tho.

Reactions: grillbrill

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
This concerns me a bit. On every QC pic I've seen this area is covered by the hour hand marker. Looks like a piece of lint on the print.

n0mvd

Horology Curious
1/5/18
What site is this from please? I'd like to read up or be more "in the know" , thank you.

The rumour comes from the Chinese circle, but really I’m not surprised. 3K’s Nautilus and Aquanaut were out of stock for a very long time in China, instead they’ve been adverting Daytona under the name of BT/Better (yep they’re the same factory).

And like I said Dandong does not have sufficient production capacity to meet the demand at the moment so they decided to stop providing 324 that’s the main reason. I think it’s only temporary tho.

DaDuke73

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/20
Stop trying to compare gen photos online in efforts to see if the rep dial is right/wrong. There are too many variables that will make it impossible to do a real comparison.. Different lighting, different whitebalance, colourgrading, angle to lightsource, etc. etc.

Let me illustrate.. Same watch and even the same camera, pictures are taken days apart under different lighting conditions.
z2EOHX.jpg
z2EqEc.jpg

At last someone with a bit of common sense and some basic notions of photography! Thank you Sir!
I couldn’t stand those endless discussions about dial colours…

RxJP

Horology Curious
5/6/22
USA
This one's covered over as well. That's 3. Now I'm really concerned. That's no coincidence.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

I'm going to agree with you here... especially because they're setting it to 11:49 instead of the traditional 10:10 to make the best use of the hand position to cover the "HI"

Usually, pictures of watches are taken at the 10:10 setting for aesthetics/symmetry and so you can see as much of the dial as possible... but in this case, they seem to be using it to their advantage to hide the imperfection.

On the bright side, I have gotten messages from TDs indicating PPF is "revising" their dail due to color... hopefully this gets addressed as well. Waiting for the late July/early august QCs before pulling the trigger on this one.

Reactions: man5on90