• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Pictures of the movement don't seem to be working at this moment. But I'm definitely eager to see how the movement looks and how the engraving will be.

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I've heard about this 240 clone but the strange thing is that no one has news about it. Lets hope intime will update us with some photos soon!

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Looks like they've finally fixed the crown guards as well.

I just ordered a PPF 5712 yesterday and have asked my TD to wait until this is released. Talk about good timing!

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20

I got the pictures to work via my desktop, here are some of the pictures.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Very interesting. Intime ad says the PR is working as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Unless InTime used gen pics imho this will be one of the most perfect reps over the years. The movement is totally different from my PPF rep's and very similar to the gen's.

proc

Horology Curious
21/2/22
kinda a bummer that they changed the lume color, super weird. crown and movement are amazing, though!

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
kinda a bummer that they changed the lume color, super weird. crown and movement are amazing, though!

Well it is hard to say, the pictures are so heavily overexposed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It looks like there’s some engraving missing on the movement. The gen is from Chrono24 and I assume they are masking the serial number. But it’s odd that a fake serial number plus the 240 text wasn’t included on the clone.

Edit: looks like there’s a mechanical difference under the rotor too… the clone has an extra big gear wheel in there, gen doesn’t.

second edit: actually I think I was wrong about that extra gear… it’s just that the rotor on the gen is hiding it.
zjSr4k.jpg
zjS81D.jpg

Last edited:

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
They also didn't use the correct jewel/ capstone for the escape wheel. Which is odd, because the 3KF 324 clone has the correct type, so it is available out there. But maybe this is just the first sample watch and the future ones with correct engravings will have the correct jewel? I hope so because they seemed to spend a lot of time on this movement only to goof on something pretty obvious.

Reactions: Homex

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
They also didn't use the correct jewel/ capstone for the escape wheel. Which is odd, because the 3KF 324 clone has the correct type, so it is available out there. But maybe this is just the first sample watch and the future ones with correct engravings will have the correct jewel? I hope so because they seemed to spend a lot of time on this movement only to goof on something pretty obvious.

Good eye… yeah that does seem like a trivial thing to mess up. I guess we’ll have to wait and see once QC pics start getting posted.

Reactions: MK0206