• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Discussion nautilus 5711 Tiffany dial

PaneraiCC

Superfranken collector
Patron
Certified
29/1/19
Conus
I came across an interesting auction today at MODA Facebook group about the 5711 Tiffany dial. As of 13.00pm est the bid was 130k ????. It should end as of now and i have no idea how much it would be. Maybe 200K+

Here is the screenshot of the auction. I am sorry in advance that this kind screenshot or discussion is not allowed here, if so please delete them.
4125-B5-AA-33-E2-4-BE7-84-BD-FFB6-B6-DBE1-A4.png

BFFFF438-B289-4912-8-D25-7-BF86-E1-CA315.png

what interesting is that the Tiffany dial is aftermaket per OP but he didn’t specify what that means. He does include the original blue dial with the sale. And nobody in the auction quite questioned the OP about the origin of the Tiffany dial.

Do you think that Tiffany dial is made by Patek? I highly doubt it because of the very limited run. Could we classify his nautilus as superfranken then?? Lol and also who or what group have the skill to replicate the Tiffany dial that he can sell for hundred of thousand of dollars. I think it is interesting. Will you pay 200k for it?

if he can somehow source a Nautilus Tiffany dial (of course with a hefty price tag), it is technically possible with any other brands for our franken? I guess we just need to know the right people or group and with a deep pocket.

what are your thoughts ?

PaneraiCC

Superfranken collector
Patron
Certified
29/1/19
Conus
It ended with the final bid of 151k. The original blue dial 5711 is about 135k-140k now, does it mean the dial alone is worth 11k?? Is my math correct?

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
It’s probably a BUFF dial. I believe BUFF green dials are being sold on C24 as “aftermarket” dials.
So if this gen watch has a BUFF dial it will be a Gen with an “Aftermarket Dial”.
If the gen blue dial is not included in the Auction then it’s a ripoff. As it breaks the Gen package and also goes in to the “Franken” category as the OP Mentioned.

Better deal is to but Gen watch and get BUFF dial, hands, date wheel and case back glass. To build a Franken Tiffany X Patek. But not all wants to go into the trouble to source all the parts and have them installed. So I guess some won’t mind to pay the 11k premium for the convenience.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Given that the gen dial was a LED dial it is high collectible also the gen. I hope gen hands are included…
My 2 cents, how the hell can somebody touch a 5711 blue led dial putting inside a fake Tiffany dial? It is a sacrilege…

Reactions: BlackJaguar

PaneraiCC

Superfranken collector
Patron
Certified
29/1/19
Conus
The auction is for the gen 5711 blue dial with a swapped Tiffany dial, of course it comes with all the gen parts. This is not a build or franken project.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
There is a gen Tiffany dial circulating the web. Asking price is 500k. I saw the pics and it's legit

You’d have to be proper stupid and deluded by marketing, to pay 500k for the sake of having her name on your wrist.

Nomolos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
Candyland
You’d have to be proper stupid and deluded by marketing, to pay 500k for the sake of having her name on your wrist.

many rich and famous have the money to be deluded. When your arch enemy owns one and you do not, you do crazy things just not to lose out .. rofl.

It is just about not losing face.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
It’s probably a BUFF dial. I believe BUFF green dials are being sold on C24 as “aftermarket” dials.
So if this gen watch has a BUFF dial it will be a Gen with an “Aftermarket Dial”.
If the gen blue dial is not included in the Auction then it’s a ripoff. As it breaks the Gen package and also goes in to the “Franken” category as the OP Mentioned.

Better deal is to but Gen watch and get BUFF dial, hands, date wheel and case back glass. To build a Franken Tiffany X Patek. But not all wants to go into the trouble to source all the parts and have them installed. So I guess some won’t mind to pay the 11k premium for the convenience.
Maybe Buff or this

https://splendoreunique.com/product/tiffany-5711-dial/

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk