• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe’s 5711 Nautilus Watch Returns in Tiffany Blue

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
I keep seeing it black, nothing to do with the 3KF photos

No problem my friend. You’re entitled to your views as well.

Good luck on your hunt. I’ll be sure to share PPF as well once I get QC.

If you’re looking for different angles of the 3KF I can send some later. At certain angles and majority of the time it’s pitch black. But under heavy light you can see the shimmer.

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
t's that it can be seen from afar... the markers and hands are the same as the white dial, and the difference is brutal, some are silver and the others are black, just like the gen, the 3KF has good hands but the markers don't .
juHn48.jpg
juH6gK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Richyv

javicc

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19

markers and black needles in the gene

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Yes, correct the markers are also black in certain light setings.

Last edited:

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
The markers should be x10 times darker. 3kf really failed on that one. I'll probably get the ppf or wait for an updated version from 3kf. And them wanting almost 700$ for such a fail amazes me.
​​​​​​
​​​

Reactions: javicc

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
It’s not silver. Just a very reflective black. “Black Chrome”

I have not yet. Order was placed with my TD over CNY break and the factories have been swamped since open. Should get it soon he says. I’ll definitely share when they do.

Here’s another gen photo.

also have a look at this owners videos. You can see how the markers glint and gleam as the light hits it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZP92VEKIAU/

https://instagram.com/zachattack__25

How is this kid walking around NY with a $6m watch on his wrist doing selfies?

Reactions: javicc

javicc

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
The markers should be x10 times darker. 3kf really failed on that one. I'll probably get the ppf or wait for an updated version from 3kf. And them wanting almost 700$ for such a fail amazes me.
​​​​​​
​​​

completely! It's a mistake and one of the fat ones, PPF if you have them right, I'm going to order one

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Zach Lu is from a very prominent family in Taiwan. If he were to “lose” this piece in NYC he would just buy another. He has that much cash.

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
​​​​​​
​​​

I'll do a side-by-side for everyone once the PPF comes in. I ordered the 3KF as that was available first and I wanted to see if I'd like it. But every other Patek I have is from PPF without any complaints so I wanted to stick to the same factory.

Here are a few more shots of the 3KF in different light settings without a hard reflective light source.

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA

I have no idea his story, but he's definitely very wealthy. All the timepieces he has been insane. Hes known to be around the designers and ceo at Patek.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
I'll do a side-by-side for everyone once the PPF comes in. I ordered the 3KF as that was available first and I wanted to see if I'd like it. But every other Patek I have is from PPF without any complaints so I wanted to stick to the same factory.

Here are a few more shots of the 3KF in different light settings without a hard reflective light source.

This looks amazing. Flaws acknowledged. The Tiffany blue really works with the silver.

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
druels.... i got my QC photos sunday night. I told andrew one of the markers might have a slight glob of black paint. He said he would wait for the factory to double check... Its now thursday and i havent heard anything yet....refreshing email....waiting is hard

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Hey guys, here's some much better photos of the 3KF, from a few angles so you can see how the markers react to the lights. Again, the markers are a Black Chrome, and not solid black. Which I do believe the gen is too based on videos and photos I've seen online, it has a very reflective characteristic. The pictures earlier are from my phone and I felt it didn't do the watch justice. It really is a very nice looking watch. Excited for the PPF to come in and will do some side by sides for everyone.

javicc

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
Hey guys, here's some much better photos of the 3KF, from a few angles so you can see how the markers react to the lights. Again, the markers are a Black Chrome, and not solid black. Which I do believe the gen is too based on videos and photos I've seen online, it has a very reflective characteristic. The pictures earlier are from my phone and I felt it didn't do the watch justice. It really is a very nice looking watch. Excited for the PPF to come in and will do some side by sides for everyone.

30 / 5.000

good pictures! looks great!

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
I confirmed with BUFF the correct finish of the markers and I am actually going to cancel the PPF and work with BUFF on a Tiffany build.

Their version of the Tiffany is going to be the most accurate as the hands of the watch will be in the same finish. The 3KF’s hands aren’t in the same finish which was honestly the only real thing that bothered me about the watch. The finish of the Tiffany also looks great.

I couldn’t upload the video so converted it to a Gif. Apologies for the crappy quality. But it’s the best allowed here. Hope this helps.

juvEn3.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: mosh_2k7

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I confirmed with BUFF the correct finish of the markers and I am actually going to cancel the PPF and work with BUFF on a Tiffany build.

Their version of the Tiffany is going to be the most accurate as the hands of the watch will be in the same finish. The 3KF’s hands aren’t in the same finish which was honestly the only real thing that bothered me about the watch. The finish of the Tiffany also looks great.

I couldn’t upload the video so converted it to a Gif. Apologies for the crappy quality. But it’s the best allowed here. Hope this helps.

juvEn3.gif

If we could pay with paypal and order easily, I would get one from buff too. Still waiting on my 3kf from Trusty. It is weird that i got QC photos last sunday and mentioned a slight spec. Its been over a week and he hasn't gotten back to me. Not sure if the factory is super busy catching up after CNY.