• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I pulled the trigger and bought a Peggy green dial watch. Will post pics once I get it. I’m hoping it’s accurate ????????

Peggy showed me the green dial video, it’s the BUFF one. So dial color is decent. I don’t know if you care but she uses the 3k v2 base which has the 324 movement engraved while gen uses 330 movement.

The new 3k Tiffany blue has 330 engraved but I don’t think the movement has the actual seconds hacking which gen 330 has (they just changed the engraving)

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Peggy showed me the green dial video, it’s the BUFF one. So dial color is decent. I don’t know if you care but she uses the 3k v2 base which has the 324 movement engraved while gen uses 330 movement.

The new 3k Tiffany blue has 330 engraved but I don’t think the movement has the actual seconds hacking which gen 330 has (they just changed the engraving)

Thanks for letting me know all of this as I truthfully didn’t know any of it. It’s a detail I don’t think I would actively care about however I do like as much accuracy as possible. I’m hoping this will scratch. I went for the green since I had another modder building me a blue dial with a ppf base but has gone silent. I could change to the blue if it’s a more accurate representation of the watch overall

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Mini update I changed my green to the blue with Peggy DW. So it should calm my OCD of it being cohesive. Thanks for all your help guys

Reactions: lmagg00

Tobel

6/7/17

Does buff have a blue non boxed logo dial (pre 2019)?

That would make it period correct with the 324

Reactions: SuperLory

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Take a look in chrono24.
Then white dial is boxed and more or less 100% is with 324 but I am not sure about blue.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I know the white dial is and assumed the blue as well. On Chrono24 it seems to be the boxed blue dial does come with the 324

Tobel

6/7/17
Take a look in chrono24.
Then white dial is boxed and more or less 100% is with 324 but I am not sure about blue.

Ah yes but the white dial was always boxed, the blue is the one that changed in 2019

Tobel

6/7/17
I know the white dial is and assumed the blue as well. On Chrono24 it seems to be the boxed blue dial does come with the 324

White dial as per my comment just now was always boxed so there are some with 324 movements, I don't know whether they ever got the 330 upgrade towards the end but I suspect so

The blue boxed logo was introduced in 2019, before that it was non boxed and to my knowledge they introduced the 330 movement with hacking seconds at the same time, so I don't think there are boxed logos with 324 movements, unless there was a transitional batch?

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
White dial as per my comment just now was always boxed so there are some with 324 movements, I don't know whether they ever got the 330 upgrade towards the end but I suspect so

The blue boxed logo was introduced in 2019, before that it was non boxed and to my knowledge they introduced the 330 movement with hacking seconds at the same time, so I don't think there are boxed logos with 324 movements, unless there was a transitional batch?

It seems like there was a transition batch for the blue. I looked up a 2018 and 2019 on chrono that according to the posting have a 324 in them with the boxed logo. Would make sense that they moved to it away from the non box before adding the 330. The 2019 posting has a photo of the movement and it seems like a 324 but it’s too low res to be sure.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

There was a transitional periode, so both dials can be correct with the old movement for the blue

DrMaRcO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
You can order from Peggy. Competitive price for 3kF v2 + Buff dial + Buff hands + Choice of buff or her own datewheel (buff datewheel for non-anniversary version often left aligned in the 20’s.. so, hers is better for it). It’s about $1,250 and she takes PayPal.

AMF quoted 1900$ for approximately the same work ("+ full teardown service, rework of the crown guard and crown and small work to the bezel" as they told me).
Seems legit ??

Last edited:

DrMaRcO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
You can order from Peggy. Competitive price for 3kF v2 + Buff dial + Buff hands + Choice of buff or her own datewheel (buff datewheel for non-anniversary version often left aligned in the 20’s.. so, hers is better for it). It’s about $1,250 and she takes PayPal.

AMF quoted 1900$ for approximately the same work ("+ full teardown service, rework of the crown guard and crown and small work to the bezel" as they told me).
Seems legit ??

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Just got QC photos of the green due to a misunderstanding. It’s not bad but thanks guys for the heads up. I’m glad I requested the blue. It’s just more of a complete package than a dial swap to a 324 based 5711.

Last edited: