• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I think it's just okay. I've only ordered the green dial for myself as the V4 PPF dial suits my fancy just fine. This is a incremental improvement that I don't see worth my while. However, compared to 3K's original dial, this may well be a big improvement.

PPF V4 pics from me for reference:

Zj02eY.jpg

Zj0AtD.jpg

this is a nice blue in my opinion

Reactions: theREALgoat

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
FYI
Today I received the QC pics of my blue Buff 5711 dial ordered through JTime. Already accepted. I wonder how will it look in person.

How much does jtime charge for the dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Wow. The dial does look nice, but that’s over half the cost of a 5711 from 3kf/ppf

True. The price might be lower in case of a direct order from Buff, idk. 5711 is one of my grail watches and I'd wholeheartedly pay $5k for the gen timepiece if it was available in that price range. My 5711 reps have proven on my wrist so I don't mind spending more for certain mods which might make significant improvements on the appearance or the functionality of my reps.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
True. The price might be lower in case of a direct order from Buff, idk. 5711 is one of my grail watches and I'd wholeheartedly pay $5k for the gen timepiece if it was available in that price range. My 5711 reps have proven on my wrist so I don't mind spending more for certain mods which might make significant improvements on the appearance or the functionality of my reps.

Has your QC come in from Jtime on the green dial? Blue dial looks great.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I received a date disc from another source, but it looks very close to the BUFF date disc. I am posting it here as this is a fun modding thread now too.

j8Bjmo.jpg

^^ Here it is compared to the BIONONE date disc prototype (which is on the left). The newer date disc is more bold, which I like. Bionone has told me that his is final release will be more bold and slightly larger as well.

j8BDck.jpg

^^ BUFF's version

j8tV3s.jpg

^^ New version I received. The single digit 1 looks different from BUFF so it is potentially not the same.

j8tcyY.jpg

^^ Installed on the 3K v2 dial.

j8tbrn.jpg

j8t0LE.jpg

j8tGS2.jpg

j8tfiF.jpg

I am still awaiting my package to come in from BUFF factory.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I received a date disc from another source, but it looks very close to the BUFF date disc. I am posting it here as this is a fun modding thread now too.

thanks for sharing the pics. that 'new source' font looks fab. please share price and info

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Today I received the QC pics of the green Buff 5711 dial from JTime. Already accepted. Based on the pics I can reasonably hope the dial contains that darker olive green tone which I miss from the stock 3KF dial.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

sscarm

Certified
27/10/21
Today I received the QC pics of the green Buff 5711 dial from JTime. Already accepted. Based on the pics I can reasonably hope the dial contains that darker olive green tone which I miss from the stock 3KF dial.

That green looks stunning! Not gen-spec green but the colour still looks great. Can't wait to see you put it on your 3KF.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
That green looks stunning! Not gen-spec green but the colour still looks great. Can't wait to see you put it on your 3KF.

Yep, and the color looks quite dynamic even under artificial lighting: