• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus PPF V4: Miyota 9015 movement loses -45 seconds while unwinding

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
I bought my PPF V4 a while ago and I'm quite happy, but the accuracy is far below spec for the Miyota 9015 it has. Fully winded (avout 40 full crown turns), the timegrapher shows 0s/day, but as soon as the power reserve unwinds to avout half reserve, it ends up at about -45s/day. I would regulate it myself if the value was constant, but with this I'm kinda clueless. I can't keep my movement fully winded all the time. Anyone experience similar issues or know a fix?

benissimo

Known Member
3/6/21
EU
Accuracy when the energy in the mainspring is less than 40% of maximum cannot be guaranteed. It's just the nature of the beast.

(That's why a normal manual movement includes about two days of power reserve: if you wind it every morning, it will always be above 50%.)

Automatics are the same way. Thing is: even if you wear it all the time, unless you lead a particularly rigorous life, you may not be charging it up all the way. Even an auto needs to be 'toppped off' with manual winding every few days or so.

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Thanks man. The issue actually was an entirely different one. It seems these watches have issues with the mainspring gear not interlocking and thus often don't wind fully. If I wind it until I hear the mainspring ticking, this issue is resolved.

Last edited: