• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest Aquanaut 3KF

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Anybody recently bought Aquanaut from 3KF? I am about to pull the trigger to get one but I am wondering if there is any new updates since the disclosure of the last V1.1 which fixed the printed letters on the movement and changed the lume color on the hands (from light green to white, which is wrong)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
You sure you wanna buy a watch where you might not be able to get spare parts? You need to mod the datewheel as well.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
You sure you wanna buy a watch where you might not be able to get spare parts? You need to mod the datewheel as well.

hmm.....Why do I need to get spare parts? I plan to mod the hands(relumed) and rebuild the stem as it is dead weak. The movement will be serviced too. As long as I don't touch the dial I will be fine since all problem with all other parts won't be complex: the 324 itself is not a complex movement. Maybe in future I will change the datewheel but now I don't see it as a huge problem.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
When the movement brakes down etc. Is not exactly a miyota which you can easily get parts for; just something to think about. I personally didn't get the cloned movement after some of the stories I had read.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
When the movement brakes down etc. Is not exactly a miyota which you can easily get parts for; just something to think about. I personally didn't get the cloned movement after some of the stories I had read.

It is totally different than a miyota and that is why I am going to buy it. It sadly produces more noise than a miyota and the noise does not sound genlike either (as the gen Patek uses ceramic as the material of the axis). I plan to put on some moebius 9415 to suppress the noise. I believe the oil should work well. As far as the whole knockoff movement is concerned, I think the constrction is good (even if in many aspects not genlike) and should last long, though probably not as long as ETA 2836 or 2892.

Reactions: KilltheDeath

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
It is totally different than a miyota and that is why I am going to buy it. It sadly produces more noise than a miyota and the noise does not sound genlike either (as the gen Patek uses ceramic as the material of the axis). I plan to put on some moebius 9415 to suppress the noise. I believe the oil should work well. As far as the whole knockoff movement is concerned, I think the constrction is good (even if in many aspects not genlike) and should last long, though probably not as long as ETA 2836 or 2892.
I see..

Personally I am staying away with this cloned movement as I had members told me the watch was DOA when arrived and it was very hard to source parts where you might as well buy two where one is a donor watch.

I have a friend who borrowed my ZF where he's a watch blogger who gets paid to take watch photos for auction houses. He worn it to a shoot and there was a gen Aquanaut. He was shock how good my ZF is Vs the gen (not comparing movement of course).

Reactions: weezkid

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Bump. Any news about this watch? I was told that last week 3KF was not working and I have been waiting for the lastest batch of the 5167A. Anybody recently bought from 3K?

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Bump. Any news about this watch? I was told that last week 3KF was not working and I have been waiting for the lastest batch of the 5167A. Anybody recently bought from 3K?

On week 4-5 for my QC as well.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
ME TOO. Have you tried to get in touch with your td? is there a certain date that our watches will be released?

Nah, just the usual 'no word from factories' could mean a slough of things.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Personally I’ve owned 4 324SC clone 3KFs. You need to service them but once they’re serviced they run really well. Might as well get them relumed at the same time. In terms of rotor noise, I’ve compared it to 2 year old gen 5711s and they sound very similar. Guys the gen 324 is a very shitty movement as well, back pressuring the hands causes the same issues and it’s finicky as well. It’s a relatively reliable movement once serviced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk