• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is modding your patek worth it + PPF 5712 pictorial

antoniothegame

Horology Curious
13/11/21
Italy
+1

E.g. I miss the green hue from my blue 3KF and PPF 5711 reps that's why I ordered the Buff dial in a hope that it will contain that green tint I miss. Similarly, if someone like @Peguine finds their 5712 rep dial having too much green to their taste then re-finishing of the dial may be granted for them.

can you show me a BUFF dial? for 5712... I am willing to do the dlc treatment, and I wanted a particular dial, even a color that does not exist, like purple.do you tell me who sell dial?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
can you show me a BUFF dial? for 5712... I am willing to do the dlc treatment, and I wanted a particular dial, even a color that does not exist, like purple.do you tell me who sell dial?

I've been waiting for my QC pix of the ordered blue and green 5711 Buff dials from my TD for 19 days. Once I receive them I'll write a pictorial mini-review about them having compared them with my blue PPFv4 / 3KF (non boxed type logo) and my green 3KF dials provided another forum member won't do that sooner. Not sure if Buff make their own custom dial for 5712. You can ask about and order these dials either directly from watchbuff user at WeChat or from some other vendors like some RWI TDs. I've heard of 2 modders (AMF and legend) who can re-finish/re-paint watch dials including 5712. Hope this helps.

Reactions: AMF

antoniothegame

Horology Curious
13/11/21
Italy
I've been waiting for my QC pix of the ordered blue and green 5711 Buff dials from my TD for 19 days. Once I receive them I'll write a pictorial mini-review about them having compared them with my blue PPFv4 / 3KF (non boxed type logo) and my green 3KF dials provided another forum member won't do that sooner. Not sure if Buff make their own custom dial for 5712. You can ask about and order these dials either directly from watchbuff user at WeChat or from some other vendors like some RWI TDs. I've heard of 2 modders (AMF and legend) who can re-finish/re-paint watch dials including 5712. Hope this helps.

yes I know.
I turned to Legend for my 5712.
I just wanted to know if there were any already modified dials.
I'll contact Puff, just out of curiosity.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
i bought PP0412 - Nautilus Moon Phase 5712 SS/SS Blue PPF Mod 240 from trustytime.he sends directly to the modder.of course when you mod, you do it to be close to the gen. so it's not a matter of how you like it but how it has to be.right?

Yes and no. Depends if you want gen spec or just want a certain look. No right answer

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
I personally need my reps to feel expensive, accuracy in visuals are definitely important,

Spot on my friend ! ... I'm having mine currently modded by Legend now and I couldn't agree more. I also have a 126619LB (VSF) and a Noob Daytona 116509 that I'm having plated in white gold. They have to feel like the real deal.

antoniothegame

Horology Curious
13/11/21
Italy
+1
E.g. I miss the green hue from my blue 3KF and PPF 5711 reps that's why I ordered the Buff dial in a hope that it will contain that green tint I miss. Similarly, if someone like @Peguine finds their 5712 rep dial having too much green to their taste then re-finishing of the dial may be granted for them.
I talked with BuFF
but he do dial for 5711 but no for 5712.
For me the dial is ok, only when you have on the hand, gen and rep, you can look the differences about colours.
only markers 6 is too different.
how did you fix?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I talked with BuFF
but he do dial for 5711 but no for 5712.
For me the dial is ok, only when you have on the hand, gen and rep, you can look the differences about colours.
only markers 6 is too different.
how did you fix?

The non-fluorescent color of the rep markers lume is snow white and the 6 and 8 o'clock markers are fatter than gen's. I think the latter one is hardly fixable by modding.

antoniothegame

Horology Curious
13/11/21
Italy
a1167e62ff76b181244b82f629b66b75.jpg

I think that to fix the markers, you can do only this….

Reactions: grillbrill

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
The crazy thing is OP, I think you could still get more from the crown recession and moonphase gap closure - I don't see much difference from stock.

Spongebob worked wonders with mine - crown recession, marker bevelling and lowering the dial closer to the moonphase to limit the gap somewhat all for under $300, the guy is a genius and criminally underrated on this forum.

jaQdvQ.jpg

jaQX6S.jpg

jatl4D.jpg

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
The crazy thing is OP, I think you could still get more from the crown recession and moonphase gap closure - I don't see much difference from stock.

Spongebob worked wonders with mine - crown recession, marker bevelling and lowering the dial closer to the moonphase to limit the gap somewhat all for under $300, the guy is a genius and criminally underrated on this forum.

A couple of months ago I PM'd him but he didn't reply to me. I haven't tried again though.

antoniothegame

Horology Curious
13/11/21
Italy

jaQdvQ.jpg

jaQX6S.jpg

jatl4D.jpg

Spong is very good modder.

many people prefer legend, I don't know why, it's very presumptuous, if you ask him more than one question he won't answer you anymore, the forum is full of good and friendly modders.
Honestly, he did a nice job, but the problem is the dial, much easier to work on the 5711.

Reactions: 2841 and Burbizia

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Do you guys think ZF will come with fully functional movement anytime soon? Is there any rumour about that?