• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

24 hour hand problem 5726 GRF

MyNameJeff

Horology Curious
19/9/16
Hi guys,

I have a GRF 5726 i got from a TD, and now I've got it I've realised that the 24hr hand is wrong. Am I able to set this hand or do I need to take it apart and move it to the correct place? Pic attached.

Thanks

IMG-3565.jpg

Last edited:

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I assume that you are talking about the fact that the hour hand should point exactly to the 10 marker (or any other hour marker) when the minute hand is pointing to the 12 marker.

To resolve this issue the hands need to be removed completely, and aligned correctly when they are being re-attached.

My urgent advice would be to let an experienced watchmaker do this.

Reactions: MyNameJeff

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
OP wants the subdial 24 hour hand to correlate with the central hour hand. Imo the 24 hour hand should be re-attached with re-alignment, but I'm not a watchmaker.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Yes, this can be done. As others have said, it can be tricky.

You might be able to do it, but I would personally recommend taking the bezel off, and removing the hand and resetting it while the watch is a 12PM (i.e. so the watch hand is perfectly down). This will give you the maximal ability to maneuver the hand while setting it. However if you do not have the proper tools (watch screwdriver set, hand protectors, removers and setters, along with nice tweezers), I do not recommend trying to take this on without significant risk of scratching the dial and potentially messing up the watch all together.