• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3KF Aquanaut Stem broken

Mindwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/5/18
Hi all

today suddenly out of nothing during winding and setting time the stem of my 3KF Aquanaut 5167 got broken and crown was loose :(

I could rember that i saw a pic already some while ago with that problem - Anybody else had the problem already and found a solution/spare part to be used. Contact already my TD asking if he can source but im not very convinced he will be able.

Any kind of help or hint is appreciated - im by myseldf located in germany....

gwhgSWf.jpg

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Hi all

today suddenly out of nothing during winding and setting time the stem of my 3KF Aquanaut 5167 got broken and crown was loose :(

I could rember that i saw a pic already some while ago with that problem - Anybody else had the problem already and found a solution/spare part to be used. Contact already my TD asking if he can source but im not very convinced he will be able.

Any kind of help or hint is appreciated - im by myseldf located in germany....

gwhgSWf.jpg

That is unfortunate mate. Best to contact a watch maker here on the forum. I understand German based member Domi is not available but Natas78 is, he is in Belgium. GL

Watchmakers and Horologists
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ect.php?fid=238&share_type=sf&link_source=app

Reactions: Mindwatch

Mindwatch

Certified
22/5/18
Luckily my TD already replied that he is able to source the stem via the factory so now waiting that he has finally sourced it and i have received it. Lets keep fingers crossed.

redbeard - thx for your hint.

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
I have had the exact same problem. Now I need another stem. This must be a fault on the 3kf 5167

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Almost looks like it needs to be screwed on the stem inside your watch (like a connector or something) it looks otherwise perfectly broken lol.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Is the 'snapped' end hollow - is the inside threaded ? It looks like a stem extender as the break is extremely clean.

If that's the case then you only need to screw the 2 parts together again - but it may need a watch maker to retrieve the end piece that's inside the keyless.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Is the 'snapped' end hollow - is the inside threaded ? It looks like a stem extender as the break is extremely clean.

If that's the case then you only need to screw the 2 parts together again - but it may need a watch maker to retrieve the end piece that's inside the keyless.

Both of mine snapped on the much reduced part of the stem, not so close to the stem extender looking section. That one above does look like a very clean break

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
Snapped in the exact same spot as everyone else's. A custom stem will solve that for you

How easy or hard for a watchsmith to do a custom stem for a 324 clone?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Anybody has a chance of getting a custom one? Help appreciated!

I can. But I don’t believe that I can sell anything for money as we use Alipay and WeChat here instead of PayPal. I suggest that you buy a gen stem and mod it to make it fit which is easier and more cost effective.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Anybody has a chance of getting a custom one? Help appreciated!

TD might get it from the factory but it may need time. Two weeks ago Li wrote to me that it would take a month so I didn't order it for a spare because I didn't want to delay the shipping of my other GL orders.

Last edited:

Mindwatch

Certified
22/5/18
Requested already by the TD to get a spare part but still waiting as spare parts usually take a long time.