• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 ppf v4 mod crown vs 3kf stock

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
I just have a chance to get the 5711 ppf v4 with crown mod (shorten 0.2mm)
so I take some pics of them to compare the detail.
left is ppf mod crown
right is stock 3kf latest batch slim first link

What do you guys think which one is better?
BTW, I can change DW on 3kf

Reactions: Dienekes

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
I prefer the 3k only because of the bezel. To me the large bezel of PPF is too large of an eye sore

Reactions: gilrob

r3plik4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/21
I just have a chance to get the 5711 ppf v4 with crown mod (shorten 0.2mm)
so I take some pics of them to compare the detail.
left is ppf mod crown
right is stock 3kf latest batch slim first link

What do you guys think which one is better?
BTW, I can change DW on 3kf

Wow, the mod on the PPF looks really good, congrats on that. Can I ask really quickly where the shortening is applied on? Curious as to whether it is just the crown, the stem or both.

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
Actually I dont know what the previous owner has done. But i guess crown and crown tube.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I prefer the 3k only because of the bezel. To me the large bezel of PPF is too large of an eye sore

^This. Unless the PPF bezel is also modded (which I had done by a now banned Modder), it is an eye sore. BTW, the 3k beze is also a bit thicker (pretty obvious when held next to a PF case).

Tobel

6/7/17
It looks like the 3KF has no sunburst, is that just in the pictures or also true in real.life?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
well thanks to the stellar job of OP - both in terms of photography and going the extra mile - having myself had a fully modded PPF-PF mashup then sold I can safely say that the 3KF is a damn good option, I must say.

srhoque

28/11/18
well thanks to the stellar job of OP - both in terms of photography and going the extra mile - having myself had a fully modded PPF-PF mashup then sold I can safely say that the 3KF is a damn good option, I must say.

Would agree. I have a Legend PF/PPF hybrid build, a PPF v4 modded by Cosmo (now banned) and a stock 3K. Will take the stock 3K (blue dial), it is a very good option without breaking the bank. Just need to service the movement and eventually install the keylog/bionone DW.

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Would agree. I have a Legend PF/PPF hybrid build, a PPF v4 modded by Cosmo (now banned) and a stock 3K....

Hopefully this sort of my 5711 holy trinity in 3 colors (blue, white, green) wiil be complete once I receive my green 3KF v2. :thumbsup:

Reactions: srhoque

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Love this, thank you all for the insight, especially OP for the excellent documented comparison.

lugnuts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/21
World traveler from Utah
Nope. I've been paid and waiting for 3kf since February. The td recommended going with ppf because 3kf is not responding to them. Who knows what's going on with them, I don't and neither does one the most popular TD's here

bthntnkn

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/10/21
Please let me know if you want to sell the PPF in the future :thumbsup: