• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM312 on a Bracelet

NM20

Horology Curious
4/6/21
I have bought a bracelet from Etsy, but unfortunately, the end of the bracelet sticks up at the lugs.

Someone recommended I ask for assistance here, as there may be a mod I could do to make it fit. Alternatively, does anyone recommend a good fitting bracelet I can buy?

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Good day.

Show a photo of the bracelet and sel from all sides.

SEL bracelet for 1950 case should fit snugly to the end of the case between the lugs, and due to this grip, do not scroll.
If it scrolls, then sel does not fit, or rather, does not have an anchor point at the bottom.
Considering that the font attachment point is a constant, sel cannot be moved closer to the case, nor can we add material.

This is a bad scenario, to predict the best - you need to look at the end links from all sides.

Also, if it is a good bracelet, then the end links should be separate and secured to the bracelet by watch rods that go through the holes in the lugs. In this case, you can choose a more suitable SEL.

In other situations, most likely you just bought a bad bracelet, or not intended for this model.

NM20

Horology Curious
4/6/21
I could replace the end SEL, but I assume it would still flex. The OEM models look like the last few links and SEL are integrated into the watch.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Combo.

The bracelet is both bad and does not fit this model.

No, nothing is integrated. Just a bracelet and 2 end links separately:
Simply attaching the end link to the bracelet is done with your watch rod.
This type of bracelet can have end links for the bettarini case, and for the 1950 case.
These end links differ in the shape of the abutment, because the ends of the cases are different in shape and are NOT interchangeable.

Your bracelet shape is Old Style, it did not apply to the 1950 case watch.

Your bracelet can only look like this:

Reactions: NM20

NM20

Horology Curious
4/6/21
Thanks for the help.

can you recommend anywhere to get the newer bracelet that will fit. I will place this one on eBay and hopefully get my money back.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Looks like a matching new style bracelet.

Optimal - ask the seller.
Try it, if not, return it.

Let me explain:
- Firstly, such a bracelet can be both for one type of cases (bettarini) and for your 1950. It is very difficult to distinguish them by eye, especially without the image of the link end.
- The second important point is that this is a third-party bracelet, and they rarely fit perfectly, but they can. It's always a roulette wheel.

mrsullivan can recommend you something about this, he bought a similar one, as far as I remember.

Here is a comparison of the shape of the different end links for this bracelet.

One noob for 299, another no name manufacturer for 1950 case.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan and NM20