• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need assistance in locating PAM 40mm versions ( been researching with little success)

mess1955

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/7/13
United States
Good morning,

It's been difficult to locate PAM 40mm models by searching TD websites. I have caught a few 42mm- a ton of 44mm but not a single 40mm ( non vintage).

My wrist can support a 40mm and maybe a 41mm rolex, but a 42 is a stretch.

I'd be grateful for any help.

MESS

Happy moms day.

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
I would like to help you
BUT everything under 44 mm has NO PAM-DNA !
Sorry to say but if a PAM is a must buy a 44mm Model (maybe a nice PAM390 that apears smaler than a 44mm SUBMERSIBLE) and wear it proudly! Otherwise switch back to Rolex!

Ok ok, but don't tell anyone ... if you like the Radiomir style, maybe a PAM337 (42mm) is your pick?
But basically and based on the histstory, a Radiomir has to be 47mm!!!

Here a PAM337 link

https://www.watchprosite.com/officin...92678.4458108/

Last edited:

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello!

In short and to the point, no, there are no 40mm rep panerai that you could buy from TD.

In more detail, then:
- The 40 and 38mm case contains some radiomir, luminor due 38mm., but there was no rep.
- There is a luminor bettarini 40mm, of which PAM048, PAM049 XF / V6F made several years ago, and there is still some chance of finding M2M.
There are older versions 048, 049, 050, 051, 119, 168, 060 but finding them will be a serious test for anyone.
- In the 42mm dimension there are many submersibles, luminor due, and radiomirs, as classics, like the mentioned PAM337 from V6F, or 338, 336, 439, and 1940 case, such as the mentioned 512, or 513 RG.
- Also this year, Panerai announced 3 models in a 40mm case, but so far nothing has been heard about rep releases.

Stylistically speaking, yes, PANERAI is a watch that should look a little larger for the wrist, according to the design idea. This is a personal matter for everyone, but I am not at all embarrassed when PAM is wider than the wrist, as it was intended, and this is normal. I understand that everyone's wrists are of different sizes, and we are all of different builds, but It is not necessary to expect it to sit on the wrist with 20% clearance from the edge of the plane on both sides, like the 36mm Explorer. and if you look, for example, some thread dedicated to pam127, the choice of the first pam, or a thread discussing sizes, you will see photos of people with very small wrists but on which pams look very stylish. You just have to get used to it.

Anyway, I agree with PAM_BOY that 44mm will work for anyone, you just have to take a chance and you won't be upset!

Yes, I must also add that not all types of cases look the same with a similar diameter. Any 42mm luminor due, or radiomir of any type, will look really very small, relatively submersible, or bettarini.

Last edited: