• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little about PAM968

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Where can I buy those buckles if I may ask? They look so good with the bronzo watches.. the original came silver which is a bit disappointing on Panerai's part imo... don't know why they didn't use a bronze buckle

I think the owner of the buckles will definitely write where they come from, but in general, strap makers, eBay and Ali have a fairly large and varied selection of bronze buckles.
On my own I will add that VSF, like GEN, comes with a titanium buckle and the reason is to do not leave traces of oxidation on the wrist. This is also one of the reasons for using the titanium caseback, and this applies to all bronze models.

Reactions: Twinny

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Don't worry, everything seems to be in order already. It's great that you found out that something is wrong when it's already over. You have saved a lot of nerves. :)

Reactions: P..DR..D

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Don't worry, everything seems to be in order already. It's great that you found out that something is wrong when it's already over. You have saved a lot of nerves. :)

Sorry! I just saw the news!!!

Hallelujah!!!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Where can I buy those buckles if I may ask? They look so good with the bronzo watches.. the original came silver which is a bit disappointing on Panerai's part imo... don't know why they didn't use a bronze buckle

Depending on what you want, they’re all over. Or were you asking about that one specifically? Most good strap makers as KOT mentioned will be able to add in a bronze buckle when you buy a strap but search Panerai bronze buckles on eBay and Etsy and from there you can at least see variations and what’s available.

As you can see from a search and screen shot, there are many options.

1bdca14ae1302b9d121bc2f9fb6131ca.jpg

1ed3487d234813deb3019f79e16fd7f4.jpg

9e55fb36393202e3c53a21bf32ea0f73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolex

7/2/20
Great! Thanks for the info. Will look into Ebay and Etsy to see what I can find. Some of the buckles looks great but I think they are too big for me personally... but great recommendation Thanks!

Btw, I am still clueless as to what happened to VSF closing? Any thread to fill me in? Sorry if this sounds a bit ignorant but just curious that's all.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
When choosing bronze buckles, especially not expensive ones, pay attention that, if possible, they are on a screw, and not on a spring bar.
This is also possible, but with heavy watches, thick and rigid straps, this can be the weakest point of the whole structure.

Some TDs take orders, some don't, but I haven't seen a single QC since the start of raids for panerai from vsf.

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
When choosing bronze buckles, especially not expensive ones, pay attention that, if possible, they are on a screw, and not on a spring bar.
This is also possible, but with heavy watches, thick and rigid straps, this can be the weakest point of the whole structure.

Some TDs take orders, some don't, but I haven't seen a single QC since the start of raids for panerai from vsf.

The 1176 was popped up after the raids started but before they really hit vsf.

Although, also... since the raids, vsf , while supposedly still operating, they haven’t released any new models. Which is strange considering how quickly they were pumping out models like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilltop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/20
Such a great review of a watch I am seeking and so good to see your other PAM offerings. The 968 is still my favourite and I cannot disagree that the DiStefano Michelangelo strap does look great!