• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 682 rep not in production anymore?

Maralc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/20
Hi All

I am hunting for a while a Pam 682 but haven’t had any luck with a few TDs.

Any ideas who can source one?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

In addition to those obvious options that I already wrote about, there is a more cunning one.

I think the 682 is attracted not so much by the transparent caseback as by the steel bezel without the ceramic insert.

I saw one example in the sales section and would recommend trying it this way:
- Buy pam683 with black ceramic insert bezel.
- Trusty may sell some spare parts for current models of some factories. Ask them about the possibility to buy a bezel for pam1055.
- Buy bezel and pam683, swap them and get pam973, which is very similar to the pam682 you are looking for.

The overall quality will not be worse, and in my opinion, solid caseback will be an excellent advantage.
Bezel with ceramic insert from pam683 you can always sell m2m to the very first person who splits his ceramic insert, or wants to make some kind of swap.

Well, anyway, this is the last option before you go to dhgate or Ali and buy a cheap 683 from seagull, if they are still available, by the way.

Reactions: seb1969

Maralc

9/2/20
That’s a great idea. Thanks for that.

I checked with two TDs and the bezel is between 70-100usd. My only concern is how to replace it without damaging the watch.

I wonder though if a factory would not come up with a 973 soon. I think it would sell more than a 1055 given the green makes it very specific?

Maralc

9/2/20

I checked with two TDs and the bezel is between 70-100usd. My only concern is how to replace it without damaging the watch.

I wonder though if a factory would not come up with a 973 soon. I think it would sell more than a 1055 given the green makes it very specific?

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation

I think that given the abundance of submersible 42mm models, as well as the fact that the 682 has already been made before, there is a very high probability that we will never see the 973 from vsf.

If you yourself have never done anything with a watch, and this is your first experience, then of course, it's safer to ship it to one of the trusted watchmakers in your area. He will do everything, at the same time adjust movt., Waterproof and drown the rotor, if necessary.

If you want to try it for yourself, then I would use any flat wedge-shaped, preferably wooden product.
In general, by sticking electrical tape on metal surfaces, you can do it like this: