• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pan005 Noob V12 - First Replica Purchase!

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Hi Paneristi,

I recently made my first ever rep purchase and settled on a Pan005 from Noob factory, Version 12. and wanted to share here to get everyone’s thoughts.

I really love the watch! Lume is great (when charged) but doesn’t last long and was out last night and noticed it wasn’t particularly great.

The manual wind feels smooth and the movement looks slick!

I would definitely recommend replacing the leather strap it comes with from the factory as the grain is so fine it falls near ‘PU leather’ territory.

I did notice the crown does tilt if I try to push the crown (pic attached) in from the lever when adjusting the time. Not sure if real Panerai’s do this? I just push in with my fingers now as scared to break the stem.

The Crystal does have the distortion effect that I’ve read some VSF subs were guilty of, but honestly, is so minimal and as I’m not an aficionado, is barely noticeable.

I was in the Panerai store here in London and honestly, holding this watch in my hand it’s crazy to think why I’d spend thousands on the gen!

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Reactions: mrsullivan

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Just realised I’d written Pan005 rather than Pam005!

????

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Good day.

First, congratulations on your purchase.

Second, and the most important about the crown: no, this is not on gen, and should not be on rep. My thoughts are that the crown has detached from the stem. You definitely need to fix it, otherwise you will either lose it or break the stem.

Thirdly, the fish-eye effect is normal for this model, don't worry, it should be and should look something like yours.

As a result, you need to deal with the crown, and you will have a wonderful watch, which, as I already understood, pleases you anyway.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Thanks so much for the insight!

Damn, okay, I’ll take this up with the TD and see what can be done!

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Yes, send this photo and they will suggest some options. I am sure you can find a common language and solve this together, subject to patience and mutual respect.
Good choice for the first pam anyway.

Reactions: Mick4004

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I have the newest noob 005 and think it’s a stunning rep. Luckily my crown is perfect. Definitely should get thAt crown checked..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: KOT1917

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Thanks! Is your Noob V12 too?

For sure, have connected with TD and they’re being very supportive.

Do you normally push your crown back in with your lever? Wondering whether it’s smart to do that once fixed?

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Thanks! Is your Noob V12 too?

For sure, have connected with TD and they’re being very supportive.

Do you normally push your crown back in with your lever? Wondering whether it’s smart to do that once fixed?

Yes. Once your crown is fixed it can be pushed in with the lever without a problem. Ask your TD ro send you a replacement crown. Once you have it just change it

lo1800

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/21
italy
congrats and welcome in the Pam world....its quite addicting.
i had more or less 13 different watches, from submerible to "vintage" ones, but never took any automatic one.
for me the best selection where to start remains the 000, 005 and 111.....
and in the end, changing straps is also quite addicitng and fun :)

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Nice!! Do you have more lume pics!? It’s the only reason I would get the 005 over the 111.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
What’s the difference between the 005 lume and the 111?

It depends on the factory, but all else being equal, the sausage lume should in theory look stronger because it is not recessed, that’s all.

The experts can chime in on whether the lume is actually stronger, weaker etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk