• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1394 [VSF]

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Curious had anyone got their hands on this one? I’ve been eyeing it and might give it a try.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
15mm would seem like the truth.
GEN 1312 (p.9010) type models are declared as 13.2mm.
In most articles, similar solid backcase models such as the PAM2392 and the announcement PAM1393 are specified in the same thickness.
Theoretically, their thickness can be slightly lower, well, by 0.5 mm due to the solid backcase, instead of transparent, but not a fact.

Models rep 1392 v6f at 7750 with decoration for p.9010 were about 15.5 mm.

In theory, a VSF with a P.9000 clone could be around 15mm. I would not count on less.

But until someone buys it, does not receive it, and does not post a Photo of measurements, there is no information.
I'm just trying to offer a theory for adequately shaping expectations, in the absence of facts.

Due models with a completely different case and construction from VSF are about 13.5mm, this is the best they could show with the P.9000 clone, and I would not expect this thickness from the 42mm 1950, in the VSF version.

Reactions: mrsullivan

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Yes, of course I saw both videos and your comment, a clear falsification in one video, questioned both, but I agree that this is the most likely actual thickness, especially since Trusty also lists them as 14.5mm thick.

Hopefully, as soon as someone buys this watch, they can help us with photos and the actual measurement.

Tomeng01

29/1/13
CONUS
I have this inbound from Sead. He just listed it, sent QC and I bought it. Should be here this week.

There's still no information about this model anywhere. I guess it has not yet been released in gen?

However, thanks to KOT1917 's wonderful pictures and information, I have fallen in love with the green branded strap on this model (seen below on the 44mm model). Unfortunately, Panerai has not made the green branded rubber for 42mm (22/20mm).

I've looked for a while and can't find one anywhere other than Horus (link here) - which is high quality, but not OP branded. Does anyone know where to find this green rubber in 22/20mm?

Reactions: vcappp

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello, Tomeng01 !

Yes, there was no information about the gen release of PAM1394 yet. I will say more, there is already information about the 40mm luminor 1950 with a white dial gen pam1271 but about 42mm so far, nothing is heard.

I am glad that you decide to buy one. If you have approved everything and are already waiting to receive it, I guess no one will mind if you post the first QC on this model here!

As for the rubber strap, more often if there is no gen sample, then rep variations exist only of low quality, either not matching in color, or more plastic than rubber.
However, there is definitely a 22mm accordion similar to the PAM1055, although of course it is a different style.
I do not have an answer to your question, where to get it of guaranteed good quality, but if you find one, you can share your find!

Reactions: mrsullivan

Tomeng01

29/1/13
CONUS
Hey KOT1917 - thanks so much for all of your contributions to the forum, especially to the Panerai forums!

Thanks for the reply about the strap. That is what I thought - if Panerai does not make it, then it is less likely to get repped. Bummer. I have the accordion green for my 1055 sub, so I will try that.

From reading both the details about the 1314 (44mm version) and this one here, it sounds like this model received a few "upgrades" or "fixes", especially around the hands coloring and thickness? I can measure thickness when it arrives and post more pics.

Yes, I will happily share QC's. I have already accepted the watch, paid for and should arrive this week :)

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks for your words, Tomeng01 !
Glad to!

Yes, it would be interesting to know the final thickness, with measurements, although there is information from TD, and it almost coincides with one of the videos, but personal confirmation is always better.

Yes, the PAM1314 VSF had white hands instead of steel hands. Here they put steel ones, but apparently, the size corresponds to the 44mm model, not 42mm. Also the color of the lume appears to be darker, but it may be a visual effect. However, in any case, GEN has not yet been presented, and therefore, it is impossible to say what is and what is not at the moment. The same goes for the 300m mark on the caseback, although it is more likely to be 100m. However, this is all better than hands of a different color.

I congratulate you on your purchase, and I will wait for new photos from your hands!

*** By the way, probably a lot of people will be interested, did you buy this from TD, now, during the raids? Or was it ordered earlier? I think this is a topical issue for many now.

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
jDJ2Aj.jpg

jDJLvI.jpg

jDJA64.jpg

jDJKF1.jpg

jDJ5jc.jpg

jDJWki.jpg

jDJUOX.jpg

jDJaJb.jpg

jDJmap.jpg

my approved QC. Ordered 5 days ago, QC today.

Tomeng01

29/1/13
CONUS
Thanks KOT1917

I’ll be sure to send some pictures in person when it arrives.

Yes, I got this from a TD, Sead. This appeared on his list last week (6/22). I monitor his list regularly and jumped on it.

Reactions: KOT1917

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
The watch arrived and I love it! The textured dial and hands are amazing!

Thickness is 14.0mm to the top of crystal.

The brown leather strap is really stiff. I put it on a green rubber and love it even more.

This looks amazing!! You’re lucky you got your hands on one. If you ever decide to let it go, let me know!

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Nice. Where’d you get that rubber from?

Tomeng01

29/1/13
CONUS
Nice. Where’d you get that rubber from?

Congrats on your purchase! This green rubber is from my 1055 sub which is off having its crystal replaced with Prof (to fix the stupid fisheye).

my plan was to buy an extra from BuyStrap.com, which has reviewed well here on the forum. However, I just checked and they don’t list a 22/20mm rubber strap. So I just wrote customer service to see if they have one. I’ll report back.

https://www.buystrap.com/rubber-str...anerai-watch-pam01055-pam00979-pam01033.html#

Reactions: Cheeps

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks for giving your thickness measurement, Tomeng01 !

Good news, albeit unexpected, because it differs from all that have been known before. But considering that gen luminor 1950 in a 42mm case should be about 13mm, this is a surprisingly good result.

Congratulations on your purchase!
​​​​​​​

Reactions: Tomeng01

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks for the measurement
This is a good new because gen thickness is 13,2mm !

ALE

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomeng01