• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GEN releases 2021

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
715 and 742 were long overdue, and this is what happened.
Of course I agree with johnlogan , (Which, by the way, are waiting for 1114 and 1115, I'm sure VSF will do one thing for sure:)​​​​​​​) Before, when I saw such a date / day of the week window on panerai, I knew immediately that this is a monstrous rep, which has no excuse, because it's not even pam style ... Now in style. And I'm not sure how I feel about this, as probably the majority.

1068 to my taste, as I wrote in the thread about 1209, this is a game not in its own field, and it is very interesting how much it will succeed. On the one hand, there was no subs on the bracelet for a very long time, and given the thin bracelet and small case, it will most likely cease to be a combo "not for everyone", on the other hand, you have to be brand loyal to want panerai to cover ALL formats, including those where omega, Breitling, and ultimately rolex are already waiting for them. But I am sure that this is the best reason for VSF to spend energy on the production of a bracelet that can be completed with other models. And of course, the sunbrust dial will make it more attractive than the neighboring 1209, 959, etc.

1243 and 1244 I really like. This is unusual for pams, and many have done similar, but I really like it, and I wonder how it will look in real life. The combined case is especially interesting. It is a pity, but there are fears that factories will not undertake this.

The Luminor Due 38mm on the bracelet is clearly not what I'm expecting, but a curious combination.

About 1074 and so there is a thread ... I wonder if VSF will take it on. They have something to work on, but I'm sure it will make sense.

But I definitely expect 1162, 1157 and special 1356 from VSF.
Submersibles are never many as well, rubberized crowns have already been done, as we saw, so I see no reason give up these reps. I would especially like to see the green sunbrust dial.
The idea of writing on the dial of a steel watch that they are steel is of course awful. Not that I want everyone to think, what if it’s platinum, but I don’t understand it at all. Especially, with a note that this is not some simple steel, but the most wonderful of melted beer corks ... In general, I would be glad that these inscriptions were absent.

Well, the rest of the complex chronographs and the hi-end in general looks about the same. Perhaps the white dial caught the eye.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice thread KOT1917

BTW: great presentations of the pics...nice relation of dimensions

Congrats
ALE

Reactions: KOT1917

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
The 1243 and 1244 are the only ones that caught my attention. That calendar looks.. well.
Oh and the 42mm bronzo looks nice.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Is there any official release dates on the watches?

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
The 1243/1244 are interesting. I like those more than I would expect. White, sandwich flyback is the coolest of the bunch IMO.

I never thought I’d see a perpetual calendar Luminor, but it’s not that bad — or in other words, could be worse haha. Not excited for a rep of that one, but the gen could be worth buying on the second-hand market.

Bracelet on the 42mm sub is an obvious shot across the bow at the ubiquitous Rolex variant — and competes nicely me thinks ...

Thanks for putting this together!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Damn some really nice pieces this year!!! Submersible Blu Notte and Radiomir Eilean are amazing. Blu Abisso is also sick!
however,
I don’t understand PamSeiko design. Less is more.
I’m wondering what Rolex will come up with.