• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RADIOMIRs 449, 448, 425 & 424 available

Captaindim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/20
Hi guys! I have just realized that RADIOMIRs 449, 448, 425 & 424 are available on Trusty (ads added in their catalogue today!). I didn’t ask if they are available but I presume that from today’s posting under the “New products for March” section they should be. Now from what I can understand from the selling price we can’t discuss much about high class rep or super clone. As I am new in this hobby, I would really appreciate the opinion of the most experienced here. Is it worth it? I mean, I realize these watches are so hard to find and as a noobie I don’t have much chances in the M2M even if there is any to be sold. I really like these watches and I would love to add one of those in my newly started collection (only 3 so far…:D). On the other hand, I am a guy that wishes to pay some extra to get first class or super reps from TDs (this is what I am doing at the moment). So, what is your opinion about these babies. Is it worth it? Is there anything I should consider and think about that I am not aware of at the moment? Do they look like low quality reps from miles away? Any other issues? THANK YOU ALL in advance.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=22848

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=22847

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=22846

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=22845

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

This is an interesting option for your money.
This is not the level of ZF and SF, at least due to the lack of clone P.3000. Here we see the A6497 under the decorative plate, at the King level from dhgate.

I also saw pam508 on them, labeled by the same factory. Haven't seen it for many years. Interestingly, they decided to do it again, or just found a bag that was not sold out. In any case, the minimum price for a bronze case, despite the hole on the side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captaindim

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Certainly not a super clone, the movements are asian 6497's with deco plates, seems like a new factory? they are cheap though.

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Interesting development. I remember the pricing back in 2011-2015, when I got an SF 448 for @$120 on sale from Sead and got a closed CB from Nightwatch for $25

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
They are undoubtedly cheap versions with certain manufacturing oversights and logical inaccuracies due to the price. They do not seem interesting for advanced amateurs but they can be used for people who are just starting out.

RADIOMIRS
There are no detail photos of the dial, inscriptions, engravings, or the lume application. Judging from the photos of the lume and what can be seen from the dials they have a sloppy application and inaccurate color. The hands have a very inaccurate narrower lume. The CP is sunk.
The box and caseback seem well made and quite accurate (nice edges and angles) but we would have to see better side photos to judge better. IMO is the best of these reps
Movement A6497 decorated as P.3000, with a decoration of the double bridge of the balance wheel very badly placed, leaving the Incabloc off-center in all cases
Gens PAM 448 and 449 have Plexi crystal. These reps have Sapphire

PAM 507
There are no detail photos of the dial, but the contours of the markers and dots appear very thick in comparison with the gen. Inaccurate DW fonts
Bezel knurling and chanfered corner completely inaccurate. There is no detail of the pearl.
Very inaccurate CG without any chamfered edges and angles, inaccurate CG pin. Nice fit between lever and CG
Case with material really reddish, maybe a problem of balance of the pics, but most likely a bronze with a lot of copper (cheap) and little amount of tin (expensive). I do not like the insertion of the lugs with the midcase, they look like they are welded (some marks are seen in the joint)
Inaccurate caseback engravings, with a very yellow color and sloppy paint
The hole @ 8 no comment.
Seagull type movement with BW @ 7 decorated like P.9002 but with BW @ 6 instead of @ 7. Inaccurate rotor bearing.

As above said, nice low price but accuracy of the rep at the same level.
ALE

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
They are undoubtedly cheap versions with certain manufacturing oversights and logical inaccuracies due to the price. They do not seem interesting for advanced amateurs but they can be used for people who are just starting out.

RADIOMIRS
There are no detail photos of the dial, inscriptions, engravings, or the lume application. Judging from the photos of the lume and what can be seen from the dials they have a sloppy application and inaccurate color. The hands have a very inaccurate narrower lume. The CP is sunk.
The box and caseback seem well made and quite accurate (nice edges and angles) but we would have to see better side photos to judge better. IMO is the best of these reps
Movement A6497 decorated as P.3000, with a decoration of the double bridge of the balance wheel very badly placed, leaving the Incabloc off-center in all cases
Gens PAM 448 and 449 have Plexi crystal. These reps have Sapphire

PAM 507
There are no detail photos of the dial, but the contours of the markers and dots appear very thick in comparison with the gen. Inaccurate DW fonts
Bezel knurling and chanfered corner completely inaccurate. There is no detail of the pearl.
Very inaccurate CG without any chamfered edges and angles, inaccurate CG pin. Nice fit between lever and CG
Case with material really reddish, maybe a problem of balance of the pics, but most likely a bronze with a lot of copper (cheap) and little amount of tin (expensive). I do not like the insertion of the lugs with the midcase, they look like they are welded (some marks are seen in the joint)
Inaccurate caseback engravings, with a very yellow color and sloppy paint
The hole @ 8 no comment.
Seagull type movement with BW @ 7 decorated like P.9002 but with BW @ 6 instead of @ 7. Inaccurate rotor bearing.

As above said, nice low price but accuracy of the rep at the same level.
ALE

I will update you on my QCs

Captaindim

12/12/20
Wow! Thank you all for your valuable advices! If I can add, after a quick observation comparing photos of these reps with gens, 424 & 448 seem to be a bit “sloppier” as the markers are noticeably thicker and the hands (especially the hour one) are smaller. In gens, the hour hand almost reaches the markers while in these reps is way smaller. Also, both hour and minute hands are thicker. For 425 & 449 things are quite better as their minimal dial and absence of many markers make them easier to be reped without major flaws. Still both hands again are thicker and smaller (especially the hour hand again) but not as much as the difference I observed for 424 & 448. Well, what you pay is what you get, right? Anyway, I will wait with great interest the QCs of johnlogan when he shares them!

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

Captaindim

12/12/20
Thank you so much johnlogan for the QCs! They look great! IMO the watch in these photos is very decent with the price which is offered (combined with its rare/no availability out there). Still the visible flaws are there but I consider it a very fair deal. To whom it may concern I contacted today TRUSTY and he replied that all 4 of them are available! I already ordered my 425!!!

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thank you so much johnlogan for the QCs! They look great! IMO the watch in these photos is very decent with the price which is offered (combined with its rare/no availability out there). Still the visible flaws are there but I consider it a very fair deal. To whom it may concern I contacted today TRUSTY and he replied that all 4 of them are available! I already ordered my 425!!!

I concur. Pls post your QCs once available.

Reactions: Captaindim

nitocx

Renowned Member
18/10/14
What about the depth of case ingravings for "VINTAGE" and number for each model? Any pictures of that ?

Last edited:

kkj

29/9/09
interested in the 425 too !

waiting for your qc pics sharing