• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 520

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
It seems that you should go to the TD section and check the actual site addresses. Otherwise, the rep game will end before it starts.

Also, you should clarify how pam520 looks like, and then, a lot will become a little more clear. Better yet, clarify what a good rep v6f looked like with st19.

Also, I want to assure you that $ 200 for the quartz version is not cheap. Especially if gen and other versions are equipped with mechanical movt., with hand-wound.

Also, check with TD for the availability of the model, as were advised in the next thread, I did not ask, but I do not think that there is a chance of getting the PAM520 new from TD now.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

AlexDelarge

Certified
7/11/19
Hey KOT,

yes the first one is a fake site.

You lost me here with the st19, not sure what it is.

I checked the tech section/movements but didn't find any info on the OS20 Japanese movement.

Thought that.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is not a rep to be considered by a real rep's fan

Besides, as KOT1917 is saying, it is not cheap !!

It is not even a PAM520 that is white gold made. As far as I know, it is a fantasy watch.

Honestly, If you are willing to buy such a "rep" you don't need to consult any forum

​​​​​​​ALE

Reactions: KOT1917

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
ST19 this is the simplified name of the movts family., seagull st19XX (in different modifications), which is needed to simulate the OP.XXV based on minerva used in the pam518, pam519, pam520 chronoaf line.
This is not the same, but the most similar, and also a chronograph with 2 sub-dials and a manual wind.
In the standard version, it looks like this:

This is important, because the model you are looking for has a transparent caseback and you can see the movt.
In watches, it will look like this:

The option you are discussing with a quartz movt., As the respected ALE pointed out above, is just a fantasy, and in addition to the non-existent design with black PVD, and not matching all the details, also has a quartz movt., which is probably not bad, but:
- Panerai has never made a quartz watch.
- It is not suitable for rep mechanical watches, because the rhythm of the second hand will be different.
- Quartz radiomirs of this kind, made "based on" the design 518/519/520 parnis sells <100 $.

Finally, find the v6f version, some referred to it as XF, with movt., St19, and be sure Q series.
And have the correct case and crystal profile:

This factory made the whole pam518, pam519 and pam520 series at its best. You must remember that in any case there are drawbacks that I will not mention here, I will just leave a link to the main reference material in this case:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ca-search-identification-evaluation-selection

In the white case, you understand that when choosing any of these 3 models, there will be a difference in weight relative to gen, because you will not get platinum, white or rose gold.

And finally, so that the search for rep doesn't get out of touch with reality, here is a photo of all 3 models of this gen line. Enjoy, and tag how they should look when rated for rep quality:

PAM518

PAM519

PAM520

I think now all this has become a little clearer for you, and you will be able to understand everything, evaluate, make the right choice, and find one (probably only m2m), and be satisfied with your high-class rep (compared to the link that you gave).

Reactions: SHB

AlexDelarge

Certified
7/11/19
Thanks for you answers guys. I still prefer the fantasy one on PVD better tough

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi all,

I just saw this one on trustytime: https://www.trustytime8.com/panerai/...20-quartz.html

How come is is so cheap? I cant find info on this forum about the OS20 Quartz movement. Assuming is not really reliable?

Has anyone an update on this mode?

This is not a forum to discuss about personal taste and you can proceed, obviosuly, as you want

It is clear you are not lokking for accuracy not even a more or less accurate PAM rep. You want a nice watch that match your taste and with reliable (NOT ACCURATE REP) movement

Quartz will be the more reliable movemnt you can find, althouth the visual accuracy and functions will be far from the gen

And the finish will be near of your expectations. Don't expect 95% gen appearance with such a price.

Enjoy it !

ALE

Last edited:

D.EASTLEY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/16

I bought this from Mary in 2017. Hardly used. Would be willing to sell. Have no idea on how to do that as never sold on here before.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation