• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
This is just wrong. Lol. Marty, love the pic of that wall of straps.

This group makes me think stuff like this is normal and people come into my office and they’re like “what’s with all these little strips of leather?” And I’m just like “doesn’t everyone have these?”

For me, two new corrigia straps came in that I’m loving right now. Both of them.
b49f8bcd553c25861f5f1f5d6d1f0c21.jpg

1a945287af6f41b7ddb48529d721b522.jpg

2546525681fcb0203d54d392814e4c94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, which models are those?

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
799 on the left. 1033 on the right.

I asked Cengio the same question... he listed the watch models, I followed up and apologized... sorry, I meant the straps, lol

Which strap models are these? Missione Squadra and La Storia ...?

Reactions: donkacper

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Corrigia's on the left, Simona's on the right and the gators on top are either Aaron Bespoke or Kain Heritage. Peeking out on the lower right are L'invitta Legione. Not including what's mounted on my watches, tthere's about another 7 or 8 Corrigia's and LL's on order, lol

You crazy man. In a good way :thumbsup:

Reactions: Martycus

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I asked Cengio the same question... he listed the watch models, I followed up and apologized... sorry, I meant the straps, lol

Which strap models are these? Missione Squadra and La Storia ...?

Lol my bad. Considering the title of the thread I should have known. Yes, you’ve got it exactly right. Squadra blue (01) and Vecchio Marine (L05)

Reactions: Martycus

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
You crazy man. In a good way :thumbsup:

Thanks, lol ... it started harmlessly and then blossomed from there... I have about another 2 dozen that's not pictured and a dozen more mounted on watches.

However I know of others who have much larger collections erick510

Last edited:

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Hazing
Yeah, I was asking about the straps of course :)

I do like Corrigias but often the color of the strap received is a bit different then the pictures on the website show, do you have the same observation?

Even your L05 looks lighter then on the website IMO.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Corrigia's on the left, Simona's on the right and the gators on top are either Aaron Bespoke or Kain Heritage. Peeking out on the lower right are L'invitta Legione. Not including what's mounted on my watches, tthere's about another 7 or 8 Corrigia's and LL's on order, lol

strap value more than my watches !

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Forgot I had this Martu “74” lying around.
goes well with the green dial PAM911.

Hazing

9/5/19
Hazing
Yeah, I was asking about the straps of course :)

I do like Corrigias but often the color of the strap received is a bit different then the pictures on the website show, do you have the same observation?

Even your L05 looks lighter then on the website IMO.

Yes I know what you mean and I have had that happen before with Mays, Distefano, M. Seriosio, ST straps, L’Invetre Legione just to name a few. Especially on straps that aren’t a straight black or tan or brown. With a strap like this I 100% expected it to be different but even still I wanted a very dark strap and I was careful and did a lot of research and found a few pics on Instagram also of the L05 and in those pics it looked like what I wanted.

When I received it I even email Corrigia to ask if it was the correct leather and they told me to wear it for a month and it will develop a patina like pictured. I am skeptical but we will see.

I originally ordered it hoping it would look good on the 1118. But because it looks good on so many other models, it’s fine either way. And while it is not the corrigia I thought I was getting, I do like it.

For a corrigia anyway. I am adjusting to the way corrigia straps fit. They’re so beefy where the lug bar slips through that it’s like there’s two big knots on the end of the case. As opposed to many other thinner straps that hug the wrist. If you know what I mean.

I tried to post pics but they don’t seem to be posting atm.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Yes I know what you mean and I have had that happen before with Mays, Distefano, M. Seriosio, ST straps, L’Invetre Legione just to name a few. Especially on straps that aren’t a straight black or tan or brown. With a strap like this I 100% expected it to be different but even still I wanted a very dark strap and I was careful and did a lot of research and found a few pics on Instagram also of the L05 and in those pics it looked like what I wanted.

When I received it I even email Corrigia to ask if it was the correct leather and they told me to wear it for a month and it will develop a patina like pictured. I am skeptical but we will see.

I originally ordered it hoping it would look good on the 1118. But because it looks good on so many other models, it’s fine either way. And while it is not the corrigia I thought I was getting, I do like it.

For a corrigia anyway. I am adjusting to the way corrigia straps fit. They’re so beefy where the lug bar slips through that it’s like there’s two big knots on the end of the case. As opposed to many other thinner straps that hug the wrist. If you know what I mean.

I tried to post pics but they don’t seem to be posting atm.

Yeah, I also emailed him when I received the L20, he told me to wear it and it will change color. Quite frankly I did not notice any changes for some time so I used some leather balsams to darken it a bit.
Take a look at the pics, strap I received did not look like the L20 at all.
030d7f1b4d6168451f6a45c8a03603f2.jpg
6a2675a361fd255f2696be9eb04ca05a.jpg

Hazing

9/5/19
Yeah, I also emailed him when I received the L20, he told me to wear it and it will change color. Quite frankly I did not notice any changes for some time so I used some leather balsams to darken it a bit.
Take a look at the pics, strap I received did not look like the L20 at all.
030d7f1b4d6168451f6a45c8a03603f2.jpg
6a2675a361fd255f2696be9eb04ca05a.jpg

Yeah I hear you.

And okay here I got pics working. So the first two are the website pics. The 3rd is what I got and the last is one of the pics I found on IG.

But yeah…. Same.

Although I must admit it does look good on even the 1118.
2e1a3a7b6b02086873c2577061c41314.jpg

909ee5e4d56c3086b998d97fe4e6548e.png

3587715894beae1adc072a9b77daba7d.png

70ab5ac2ea66994dfbdee13c8464c97e.jpg

f82174f593339fcb575f330fb307e13f.png

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Yeah I hear you.

And okay here I got pics working. So the first two are the website pics. The 3rd is what I got and the last is one of the pics I found on IG.

But yeah…. Same.

Although I must admit it does look good on even the 1118.

Yeah, they look good and are very nice straps overall, but would be nice to know what you will actually receive ;) Especially for that price.

Hazing

9/5/19
Yeah, they look good and are very nice straps overall, but would be nice to know what you will actually receive ;) Especially for that price.

I ended up looking through the Corrigia site and I don’t know, this strap I received looks like L07 or L13. So I emailed Corrigia again with the pic of my strap with the L13 (or L 7. I forget which) and he replied saying he’ll send me a strap made with the of the actual vacchio marine leather I ordered.

I’m actually glad he did that and I’m glad for this thread because if it wasn’t for this exchange here, I would have just shrugged it off as a mistake and tossed it in my strap draw. Instead, now it looks like I might get the strap I ordered. ::fingers cross3d::

Last edited:

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I ended up looking through the Corrigia site and I don’t know, this strap I received looks like L07 or L13. So I emailed Corrigia again with the pic of my strap with the L13 (or L 7. I forget which) and he replied saying he’ll send me a strap made with the of the actual vacchio marine leather I ordered.

I’m actually glad he did that and I’m glad for this thread because if it wasn’t for this exchange here, I would have just shrugged it off as a mistake and tossed it in my strap draw. Instead, now it looks like I might get the strap I ordered. ::fingers cross3d::

Cengio's pretty good about that and if you let him know the watches you're using it for in the comments field, he'll be sure to make it in accordance to it; i.e., using a stiffer inlay for a heavier watch.

Reactions: Hazing

Kleineronkl

Supporter
Certified
10/5/20
Germany
I think every picture on corrigia.com is edited. Every strap i bought new is lighter. Also a used i bought last week isn't like the one on their picture.
L07
45b6b7e0625adc0513295d6d8bf092f2.gif

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: donkacper

Hazing

9/5/19
Cengio's pretty good about that and if you let him know the watches you're using it for in the comments field, he'll be sure to make it in accordance to it; i.e., using a stiffer inlay for a heavier watch.

Yea I usually do communicate with the strap maker just to explain some details or what I’m looking for. This was the first time I had none.

Also what I like about the Corrigq site is how you can customize every option from the thread to the inlay color and I selected specifics even if I thought it was “as shown”. That included a black inlay and a dark grey stitching. I printed up the invoice when I was emailing him and I saw how I selected selected all that specifically and everything in this strap is brown. Brown leather, brown inlay, beige stitch. So I got the wrong strap.

Had to have.

I think every picture on corrigia.com is edited. Every strap i bought new is lighter. Also a used i bought last week isn't like the one on their picture.
L07
45b6b7e0625adc0513295d6d8bf092f2.gif

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

I don’t know if it’s edited but it probably is. I also think the pics are all taken in very dark lighting conditions so they look darker by nature.

That makes it difficult to see dark straps. Also, I’m sure we all know all leather is different and a lot of variation from from one strap to the other. It’s all part of the game.

Some of my favorite straps are ones that, when they arrived, I opened and said “This is what I spent money on?? This isn’t what I ordered and I don’t like it". And then I put it on a different mode than I expected.

And under most circumstances I would have been happy to even keep the wrong strap but in this case, I was really looking for something to go with a 1118 as opposed to the 1033 which I already have like 6 straps that look amazing on it. The 1118, I have two. Straight black or neon green.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
I received another Corrigia today, Fletch06. When ordering I asked to get a strap with finish as close to the one in pictures as possible. Again it's a great strap but looks different. I am off to a short vacation now, will post pics when I get back home.

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I received another Corrigia today, Fletch06. When ordering I asked to get a strap with finish as close to the one in pictures as possible. Again it's a great strap but looks different. I am off to a short vacation now, will post pics when I get back home.

I'm thinking of a Fletch03 or the Fletch06 so I'd be curious to see what you received.

This is the Fletch04 Master's Edition and the L23 Bentrovato Blue LE. The Fletch04 is pretty close but the L23 is a much darker strap compared to the photos.

The texture on this Squadr08 is different because he used a structured leather; which produces the stipple effect you see.

-----
I'm thinking we should have a page showing the straps on website and what they actually are. I usually refer to their Instagram or Facebook page to what it actually looks like.