• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
Another strap freak here.... I've actually bought watches to match a particular strap. I love the process of having them custom made to my specifications.

I found a new Strap Maker that I just had make these 3 for me - they should be arriving tomorrow so I'm excited to see if the quality is as good as it looks in the pictures:

Soft burgundy calf for my 364:

Padded stingray for my 243:

Nile crocodile belly for my 286:

who is the maker please?

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Having seen superspark69 's lovely Adeeos straps posted previously I knew I needed to find some for my own collection. Unfortunately with Kevin's passing you obviously can't go to the source and have them made to your specifications, so you have to find them used. As previously mentioned, these are highly coveted by Paneristi and command a premium... The Cordes and Adeeos straps are very similar in their construction though I have to say that the Cordes has a slight edge in overall finish and wrist feel (most likely why I have another 3 in production...). I was specifically looking for Adeeos straps with the inner Stamp and Kevin's signature - I've seen many without either.

The first I will share is a lovely dark tan ammo - in very nice condition with little wear:

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Some progress pictures of the latest Cordes commissions - 'Bierzo' Horween with Dublin Horween lining and vintage Gustav ammo with 'Muxia' blue Horween lining:

image3(2).jpeg

image0(2).jpeg

image2(1).jpeg

image1.jpeg

Last edited:

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Some progress pictures of the latest Cordes commissions - 'Bierzo' Horween with Dublin Horween lining and vintage Gustav ammo with 'Muxia' blue Horween lining:

image3(2).jpeg

image0(2).jpeg

image2(1).jpeg

image1.jpeg

They look great mate, love the contrast on the inner layer, im having one with red lining - laboutin style :drool:

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
They look great mate, love the contrast on the inner layer, im having one with red lining - laboutin style :drool:
It's interesting you should say that.

I've been trying to havr a strap made of leather from a LV graphite leather with the red lining as the leather.

I found 1 strap maker who can do it, it's just so expensive and this strap, while. I want it, is always like 3rd on my list at any given time and I only managed to get to #1 or 2.

And then, LV also uses a blue lining now. I was thinking about using blue so it matches the 799/1616 a little more.

I have a few old "off white" (the brand not the color) belts and I would love to see about making an off white belt but I wouldn't knoe how to start

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

f8042ee891cfc5b2f13b9a6146c4cdc1.jpg

Last edited:

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18

Cheers superspark69 - I think I'm going to go this route for all future orders. Don't know why I didn't to begin with as I think it makes the strap much more individual & the choices are numerous.

The Laboutin style works well!

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
It's interesting you should say that.

I've been trying to havr a strap made of leather from a LV graphite leather with the red lining as the leather.

I found 1 strap maker who can do it, it's just so expensive and this strap, while. I want it, is always like 3rd on my list at any given time and I only managed to get to #1 or 2.

And then, LV also uses a blue lining now. I was thinking about using blue so it matches the 799/1616 a little more.

I have a few old "off white" (the brand not the color) belts and I would love to see about making an off white belt but I wouldn't knoe how to start

f8042ee891cfc5b2f13b9a6146c4cdc1.jpg

You could send the belt to a strap maker to make you some from, over the pond maybe Aaron at combat straps?.

Hazing

9/5/19
You could send the belt to a strap maker to make you some from, over the pond maybe Aaron at combat straps?.
I actually have had a hard time clicking with Aaron. Last year (prepandemic) I contacted him about a cashmere strap and... I'm sure he's busy but he kinda left me hanging 5 or 6 times. Each time saying "I'm so sorry for not getting back to you. I got distracted but this time I'm on it and will definitely get back to you".

After 3 weeks, I follow up and get the same response.

Maybe I'll try again because I want a good faded gator too.

Also, sometimes my biggest dilemma is whether to get a strap in 24 or 26. If I'm buying it for a specific watch but those straps that you're like "I just have to have it" but then it's like.... "hmmm which one?".

I just picked up two Corrigia straps just to work into rotation shown here on the 127 and 372.
b20935723eabefbc81b140297f395c77.jpg

Reactions: johnlogan

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Maybe relevant for some of you strap freaks, Corrigia has a 40% off discount at the moment, code VIPCLUB

Do you happen to know if there is any discount for May? Those straps are addictive :)

Hazing

9/5/19
Do you happen to know if there is any discount for May? Those straps are addictive :)
Mays is good and you're right. He has great straps. He has a few "specials" like he has a new leather so that's on sale. He also has canvas on sale (or he did last week).

But every time I've purchased a strap - so I'm picky and I've always had to sort of email special instructions. When I did, each time, I also said something like "I was also thinking about this strap or that strap" and he's always replied "if you order another I'll give you 25% off". FYI.

Gotta give it to him for going for the up sell.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Mays is good and you're right. He has great straps. He has a few "specials" like he has a new leather so that's on sale. He also has canvas on sale (or he did last week).

But every time I've purchased a strap - so I'm picky and I've always had to sort of email special instructions. When I did, each time, I also said something like "I was also thinking about this strap or that strap" and he's always replied "if you order another I'll give you 25% off". FYI.

Gotta give it to him for going for the up sell.

Yeah, except I wasn't talking about Mays at all... ????
But I appreciate the tip !

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hazing

9/5/19
Yeah, except I wasn't talking about Mays at all... ????
But I appreciate the tip !

Lol sorry buddy. I thought you said Mays. I didn’t even realize it was/is May as it still feels too much like April here. And yes, as stated the code “VIPCLUB” is good for 40% till July 1.

also, someone can correct me if I’m wrong but corrigia has been running a 40% off sale since the pandemic started which is when I ordered my first corrigia direct. Ever since, then day an old code expires, they send out a new one.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Dr Phil is good for that price range.

tbh the straps make the rep, the Pam reps can be so close to gen that a poor quality strap will ultimately make it feel like that, put it on a gen strap or high quality strap and it almost feels like you are wearing the gen. As you delve deeper down the rabbit hole the rep market changes and you find yourself buying modded watches, frankens, custom watches that can cost as much as some gens.

This :umnik:

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Whoa, that’s more than what the watch is worth lol. What’s available in the $40 - $80 range?
You can try Nero straps in that price range, great guy to deal with.

Reactions: Snil