• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 425 or XF 127

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
I know, two completely different cases, completely different movements. I love both, have read most of the recent threads on the XF 127 that released earlier this year, read Ale’s threads on the 425 from years ago.

curious if there are any significant pro’s on one factory over the other or any glaring flaws of each that would drive a decision over the other?

My concerns:
425 - quality of corner sharpness on the Rad case
127 - color of lume, quality of crystal and how it distorts the numbers.

share your thoughts

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Overall, they are both good.
If you can get pam425 zf - take it.
Almost all ZFs at p. 3000 are very good. And the PR is very solid.
127 you will find it easier later if for some reason you get tired of radiomir.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Overall, they are both good.
If you can get pam425 zf - take it.
Almost all ZFs at p. 3000 are very good. And the PR is very solid.
127 you will find it easier later if for some reason you get tired of radiomir.

Appreciate the feedback. It shows ability to add the 425 to cart at Chazing. I have an email out verifying availability. It’s what I am leaning towards. Or the 449 also.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Appreciate the feedback. It shows ability to add the 425 to cart at Chazing. I have an email out verifying availability. It’s what I am leaning towards. Or the 449 also.

If I were you, I would buy ZF. This is not a frequent chance, accurate and high quality rep. 127 besides xf is enough on the secondary market. I think the question of choice is purely stylistic.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
If I were you, I would buy ZF. This is not a frequent chance, accurate and high quality rep. 127 besides xf is enough on the secondary market. I think the question of choice is purely stylistic.

This is a fair point. I think my mind is made on the 425. Will look for thoughts from others but will use this thread to provide updates through purchase. Will probably be well into March with CNY happening.

Reactions: KOT1917

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
What what, is the ZF PAM424 back in stock?

I don't use this TD, but judging from the OP's experience there is a chance ...

Well, the chance is not of a new stock, but rather a sale of some previously hidden stocks, or something like that.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I don't use this TD, but judging from the OP's experience there is a chance ...

Well, the chance is not of a new stock, but rather a sale of some previously hidden stocks, or something like that.

Thanks, I will send them a mail. Checking.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Yea I bought an SF 690 from them last year right around CNY and it was super painless and quick. I think it was a 3 week turnaround. I’m guessing old stock, they do mark items as “out of stock” so assuming it may be stocked since you can add to cart. I’ll update when they respond to my inquiry.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
I thought ZF got raided... recently. Before placing the order, maybe try emailing the TD. RepIseek

Appreciate the tip. I have a line out to them will confirm before ordering. Otherwise I’ll dust off a WTB post in the marketplace

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Aaaaaand just received confirm from Chazing that the 425 is discontinued, no stock. Gonna put a WTB out there for the 425 or 449 and get the DSSD 116660 I’ve been eyeballing then wait it out for someone willing to let their RAD go.

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I did, they responded that it is not available. Sad

Honestly, as expected, just from the first message, I realized that you have already requested the availability and confirmed it to you. I see no reason to be sad, in any case, pam127, which you also considered, will be available.:)
However, it should also be remembered that CNY can cause serious delays.

Last edited: