• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Something about DESTRO PANERAI

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
And again, good day to everyone who decided to spend time on my writing.

Dedicated to all collectors destro.

The essence of the post, purely informative, and of a mixed nature, you can read about gen in detail on many resources on the Internet, and about rep, everything is described in some detail in the famous ALE PAM GUIDE, so I just decided to remind you of what panerai models were for the left hand and which ones you can get on the dark side, some thoughts on gen and rep and some general information.

People choose this watch for a variety of reasons, some are really left-handed, some don't like when the CG bites into the hand, with a low fit, some see something special, and some prefer this aesthetic.

I myself am right-handed, but I wear a watch both on my left and on my right hand, depending on the watch, strap, model, clothes, mood in the end. Initially, I did not quite understand why the watch must be worn on the left, with the exception of time at work, when I have to write a lot by hand, and on my right wrist I have a 47mm submersible, with a 5mm., 26/26 strap with a custom buckle. However, this speaks not so much about the inconvenience of wearing a watch on the right hand, but rather about the fact that I am a little strangely choosing a watch for the type of occupation at the moment. Lol.

For myself, as I mentioned in a recent thread, I choose destro (oh my god, how many times will you read this word in this post) because it is rarer in both rep and gen watches. In general, everything is the same, just more interesting, I guess. Therefore, I decided to share in this post part of my passion with you.

So let's start in order:

PAM022
One of the two destro that appeared with the T dial. Considering that the model has been in production since 1998, it can be understood that panerai considered a left-handed watch from the very beginning. Initially, the T series came out, then the L dial was put, it seems less attractive for collectibles, but, like in 1998, as was the case with some other models of the B series, there were both T and L dials. In any case, this is the beginning of the era of destro.
- Destro version pam00001
- Year of issue: 1998 (T dial) - 2001 (L dial) A, B, C, D series
- Caliber: OP.II
- Gen "T" dial:
Z8SBWi.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

- Gen "L" dial:
Z8SQQb.jpg

- Rep DSN "T" dial, "B" series:
Z8Slfp.jpg

Rep, there was an B series from DSN with a T dial. This is a good replica that only came across a couple of times on sale in my eyes, and like any old model exclusively produced by DSN, it would be worth getting it if possible.

***Addition***
Everything is clear and quite simple, then the origins of the brand are, as always, a mess. Let me systematize a little, and reflect a little myself. Below is a little more detail about the series and variations of GEN, as far as it may be appropriate.

PAM022
1998, "A" series.
- T dial.
- Series circulation: 200 pieces.
- Case number: 6504

This is the original form of pam022, and the first destro along with pvd version 026. On pam022, by analogy with the years known to me, from the total circulation of the series, 100-150 pieces could come, the remaining 50-100 pieces were covered with PVD and sold as pam026 "A" series.
Photo GEN PAM022 "A" SERIES:
PSX-20210120-130322.jpg

PSX-20210120-130302.jpg

1999, "B" series.
- T dial.
- Series circulation: 500 pieces.
- Case number: 6522

The next year, there were changes, and it started with a case, it is difficult to find out the external difference from the photo, but it can be seen by the OP number, this is a transitional part of the series, since the dial is still T, and as far as I know , does not differ from the previous series. From the run of 500 pieces, as I can imagine, 250-350 should have become pam022, and of them, some (I think, smaller) part was made with old T dials.
Photo GEN PAM022 "B" SERIES T-DIAL:
PSX-20210120-125905.jpg

PSX-20210120-125923.jpg

PSX-20210120-125938.jpg

1999, "B" series.
- L dial.

The rest of the "B" edition of the series of 250-350 pieces came out not only with a new case, but also with a new L dial, which will remain until the end of the model's production in subsequent years.
Photo GEN PAM022 "B" SERIES L-DIAL:
PSX-20210120-130119.jpg

PSX-20210120-130140.jpg

2000, "C" series.
- L dial.

Outwardly, this series is fully consistent with the second half of 1999. However, the release was larger, and as far as I know, 150 were given to pam056, which replaced pam026, the remaining 350 pieces are pam022. In view of the complete analogy, I did not attach a photo.

2001, "D" series.
- L dial.
- Series circulation: 300 pieces.

The final year of production of pam022, before the next planned transition to the pam115 model with further milestone changes, was marked with only 300 pieces in the series, half of which were titanium pam056, respectively, in 2001 we received the last 150 pieces of pam022. Outwardly, they are similar to last year, and additional photos hardly make sense.

As a result, in 4 years, we received, according to approximate estimates, ~ 850-1100 pieces of pam022, of which about a couple of hundred could have a T dial. Agree, not a lot, given that now special versions of panerai, produced only once, can have a circulation of 1000 pieces.

Rep is no more productive in this respect. Nothing, I will add one more photo, stolen by me in one sales thread, quite a long time ago, I cannot find it, and I do not know the seller, so I apologize to him if he is against it. DSN "B" series uses a beautiful gamut of colors, but the shape of the numbers is not entirely correct, I honestly haven't seen the backcase, but I think there shouldn't be any problems, and of course, the shape of the case should be adapted from the base 111 to the early series.
REP Photo: DSN "B" series "T" dial:
PSX-20210120-105952.jpg

PAM026
Together with 022, pam00026 was launched in 1998 as a PVD version of pam022. In the B series, as far as we know, there were both T and L dials. Then, only in 2008, they released a limited edition K series of 1000 copies. Many are outraged that panerai released the same model 10 years after the first, but this is not entirely true. In fact, everything is different here, and the case, and CG, and the pvd color, and the dial, and of course, the caseback. In fact, a general design decision, but technically, these are 2 different models under the same ref. Similar re-releases were waiting for both pam028 and pam029.
It is interesting that while creating a sandwich, they did not repeat the dial 111, the fonts of the numbers are rather similar to sandwiches 8 daytime 510, 562, 564 and others, and in many photos it seems that the sandwich is very superficial, at some angles, even similar to some sunken sausage the dials, though, are definitely a sandwich.
- Destro version pam00004.
- Years of issue: 1998 (200 pcs.)
- 1999 (500pcs) Tritium Dial: 700pcs 2008 year L dial: 1000 pcs.
- Mintage: A, B and K series, in total 1700 pieces.
- Caliber: OPII
- Gen "T" dial:
Z8SPnF.png

- Gen "L" dial "K" series:
Z8Swdn.jpg

- Rep "T" dial, B series, DSN:
Z8S4J3.jpg

- Rep "L" dial, "K" series HF V3:
Z8SulY.jpg

Rep was made for both the B series with the T dial from DSN and the K series, which had a minimum of 3 noob versions and 2 HF versions. The latest version of any of them is a valuable and rare old thing, and the rep from DSN is generally quite exceptional and not much mentioned. I had an HF V3 and apart from the depth of the sandwich and the inner corners of the CG this is a very good rep, notable for getting a sandwich with a solid caseback, in this case it would only be possible with pam247 but not destro. By the way, HF allows you to see an absolutely exceptional case color, rather gray than black, which in some lighting looks more like titanium, which is also very, very nice.
Interestingly, gen has a shallower sandwich than what we're used to seeing on most models, and the font doesn't match most models. For me it is important because I like the narrow font 111 less. 10 years ago, for the sake of a little popular destro version, they made an exceptional sandwich with wide numbers, when today, for the sake of 911, the same noob did not want to do it. At least for now ...

***Addition***
PAM026 1998, "A" series.
- T dial.
- Series circulation: 200 pieces.
- Case number: 6504

The watch is extremely rare, I didn’t even find a photo of the backcase, but I did find a photo of the documents confirming its existence.
This, together with pam022, is the start of serial destro in modern panerai. As I already wrote about pam022, out of the total circulation, destro usually accounts for 30-50%, perhaps they plan a part every year, starting from the sales of the previous one, they can immediately understand how much they are ready to make during the entire production time of the model, but access to I do not have exact information, and I can only assume that there were hardly more than 50-100 of them, and how rarely you can find their photos, it seems, confirms this assumption. A photo from a well-known auction, as is often the case with them, is clearly processed, but the essence is roughly clear:
PSX-20210120-140937.jpg

1999, "B" series.
- T dial.

This year, the situation is completely similar to pam022, we received a new case, but at first the old dials remained unused, which were installed in a certain number of hours. I think a smaller fraction of the 150-250 pam026 "B" could have had such a dial. Despite the fact that they are not so rare on sale, I just think that people are trying to make money on the "relic", and the actual number hardly exceeded 50-100 pieces. But, these are my guesses.
Photo GEN PAM026 "B" SERIES, T-DIAL:
PSX-20210120-105233.jpg

PSX-20210120-105215.jpg

1999, "B" series.
- L dial.

The rest was made with L dials, which, however, never appeared again, because the second half of 1999 was the last in which the 026 was released in its original form. The PAM056 already had a tobacco dial and the PAM026 "K" series in 2008 had a sandwich. Apparently, these dials were divided between the remainder of the "B" series, and PAM022, this and all subsequent ones. I suppose that from the share of 500 pieces of the series, attributable to PAM026 ~ 150-250 pieces, most of them had this dial. Let's assume that 100-150 of them were collected. With that, we say goodbye to PAM026 until 2008 ...
Photo GEN PAM026 "B" SERIES L-DIAL:
PSX-20210120-104304.jpg

PSX-20210120-104351.jpg

2008, "K" series.
- L dial, sandwich.
- Series circulation: 1000 pieces.
- Case number: 6750

This time, everything is simple and clear. We received 1000 pieces of new watches, in general design similar to the old ones, as part of a special edition. There are enough of these models in the secondary market, and it is not difficult to see them if desired.

As a result, we get, according to rough estimates, about 1400-1600 pam026 for the entire time, and in all forms. If we take away the modern reissue, then this is already 400-600, of which most / half, unlike pam022, could have had a "T" dial, due to which the model's release cycle was longer.

Rep, this time pleased us more, in addition to the DSN PAM026 "B" series, which God himself commanded to release, because the dial and backcase can be similar to his PAM022 "B", we, as I wrote above, received a large number versions of the "K" series. They are quite old and of different quality, look and choose your favorite PVD color, lume and pay attention to the quality of CG workmanship, it can lame not only in HF, but also in old noobs.
Photo REPS.
DSN PAM026 "B" T-dial:

PSX-20210120-103826.jpg

PSX-20210120-103848.jpg

PSX-20210120-103910.jpg

PSX-20210120-103929.jpg

Noob V1 (?) PAM026 "K":

PSX-20210120-140408.jpg

PSX-20210120-140131.jpg

PAM056
Well, here we have to be honest, I have this watch, and it's my favorite. Not because I have them, and therefore I consider them good, but on the contrary, I was looking for them from the very beginning, and fortunately, at a certain moment I got such an opportunity. It is believed that after 026, they decided to create a dull (military) look not at the expense of pvd (this is now we are chasing a vintage worn coating, but then, this was a forced measure, in the absence of materials, such as ceramics or completely black resistant coatings, such as DLC), and making the model titanium. In line with the year, she has already received a tobacco-colored L dial, which is in perfect harmony with the titanium case.
- Destro version of pam061.
- Years of issue: 2000-2001.
- Circulation: C series 150pcs. and D series 150pcs.
- Caliber: OP.II
- Gen:
Z8SGOW.jpg

- Rep DSN:
Z8S0JQ.jpg

- Rep HF:
Z8SJlR.jpg

Rep from HF made this model, DSN with the worst dial, but the correct CG, which is very difficult to get, by the way, if you know how, or have one, you can take a look at my WTB. Also read, as always, close to the ideal dial made rolli. The HF version, in my opinion, is optimal, it is not easy to get it, but it is the watch that you will not want to part with. One of the few rep destro, and the only one in a titanium case.
PAM115
The new model replaces the pam022 with an L sausage dial, a transparent caseback, and a new movt., Engraved with panerai.
- Destro version 111 of the early sausage series.
- Year of issue: 2002.
- Circulation: E series, 200 pieces.
- Caliber: OP.XI
- GEN:
Z8SgAK.jpg
Z8SVF8.jpg

- REP DSN:
PSX-20210119-193732.jpg

Rep I have never met, but it is possible that there could be old versions of the cartel in questionable quality.
However, there was not a very common DSN version, the photo of which turned out to be extremely difficult to obtain, not to mention the watch.
PAM117
Continuation 056, with the modernized movt., Which received a higher frequency and new decoration in those years, and to show it - a transparent caseback.
- Destro version of pam118.
- Year of issue: 2002.
- Circulation: E series, 100 pieces.
- Caliber OP.XI
- GEN:
Z80Zv1.jpg
Z80D6v.jpg

Rep I have never met in my life, except for individual builds.
It is believed that there was an old rep having at least an erroneously black dial, but I could not even find normal images, this was not common.
PAM123
Destro always looks a little strange, out of habit, but this one is perhaps the most unusual. Come on, let's face it, it's just a drug addict model. If I didn't know much, I bought gen 123 and showed it to my friends who don't know much about panerai (at levels 111, 312 and 127), they would say that I bought a fake. However, despite 3 years of production and 800 pieces of the total circulation, this is a watch that is very difficult to buy. Still, this is the only classic bettarini destro automatic.
- Destro version of pam090.
- Years of issue: 2002, 2003, 2004.
- Circulation: E (300 pcs.), F (300 pcs.), G (200 pcs.) Total: 800 pcs.
- Caliber: OP.IX
- GEN:
Z80zzj.jpg
Z803O4.png

- REP:
Z802aX.jpg

Rep, not expensive, no less rare than gen, having all the disadvantages of 090 on seagull. Incorrect date font, setting the date using the button on the side, not the most beautiful lume. Still a desirable collector's item. It's a pity that HF ​​neglected this model at the time, although he made 090.
PAM217
About destro is an analogue of fiddy, and without my stories, everyone seems to know everything (well, except for the xf factory, which thinks that it could be an E series). This is clearly the most popular and well-known destro, and the gen aftermarket price proves it without any problems. Honestly, I think this is the only time that I prefer 127 for the prettier movt.
- Destro version of pam127.
- Year of issue: 2005.
- Circulation: H series, 1000 pieces.
- Caliber: OP.XI
- GEN:
Z80LFb.jpg

- REP XF:
Z80U85.jpg

Rep has been released enough, of the well-known widely and well-made, it is certainly a noob. They were also made by v6f and DSN, but they, as usual, were a little weaker. Before that, there were older versions that EL sold, they look very peculiar, but they have good parts for creating individual buildings, for example, a midcase.
PAM219
Produced annually, on an ongoing basis, and therefore the most affordable destro.
In general, we can say that this is a continuation of 115, in accordance with the updated lineup, which again has a differently decorated movt., And the sandwich, however, they decided to move from marina to base, maybe, of course, to please the purists, but rather to unify the dial with PAM000.
- Destro version of pam112.
- Issue since: 2006
- Caliber: OP.X
- GEN:
Z80WvF.jpg

- REP NOOB V3:
Z80izt.jpg

Rep: there is an excellent version of the noob, which is no worse than any 111, this model was also repeated by DSN and HF, but their replicas for various reasons were of lower quality, however, any destro is a rarity, and if you get such an opportunity, I would recommend buying any version, since it does not show many flaws, except for the transparent caseback.
PAM239
All destro's are fairly limited editions, and quite rare, but these 75 pieces stand out even from the others. This time we showed our imagination and noticed round markers like 024, rectangular ones like 1000m and arktos. The limit is dedicated to chronopassion, and what is remarkable, on the backcase, they decided to write that this is the left hand, for those who did not understand this, when viewed from the front. Lol.
- Destro version pam024
- Year of issue: 2006
- Circulation: G series, 75 pieces
- Caliber: OP.III (7750)
- GEN:
Z80mY2.jpg
Z80okE.jpg

- REP:
Z80qVn.jpg

Rep is very old, made very well, for its time, and for me personally, it would be a desirable addition to the dress. However, the rarity of the model, age and quality, makes it difficult to obtain, like many peers, such as 092, 202 and of course, everyone is looking for 225.
PAM345
The first destro, made independently, without a model of the right hand, and immediately in the 44mm., 1950 case, also for the first time, and even in a titanium case.
There are similar 311 for the left hand, but as you know, flipping the PR scale is not the best solution, so 345 does not have it and therefore is unique.
- There is no complete left-handed analogue.
- Year of issue: 2011.
- Circulation: N series, 150 pieces.
- Caliber: P.2004
- GEN:
Z80Yps.jpg
Z80yGY.png

Rep, of course, with such a combination of unique qualities and functions, it is absent, which, by the way, is also the first such model in our review, which is a pity, but not a bad result for factories.
PAM358
Amazing and only 2500m left-handed panerai. This time they made the same original as in the pair 024/239 and changed the round markers to rectangular ones. I don’t know how it affected the aesthetics, or they just wasted an erroneous disproportionate supply of such markers, but in general, everything looks the same, not usual, but good. Another, more important point, and difficult to explain, is that they got rid of the date and put "9". This, along with many other things, makes this destro special, as well as its other brethren, as being submersible without a date is not something that you see often.
By the way, the limited edition is made for crohopassion again, just like 239.

Here I wanted to mention that pam358 is a special edition, and not a direct destro version of some model. In addition to 285, one could just as well say that 358 is a destro version of pam194, due to rectangular markers and minute markers, but the difference in years between the latter is greater, and there are differences in the dial, including the position of those same rectangular markers , regarding the markup, not to mention the date, so I decided to communicate with the nearest model in chronological order, all the more, if a persistent collector will definitely find rep 285, then serious problems may arise with the search for 194. By the way, 358 was released in 2010, so, by the way, unlike both, it already has a roller on the CG lever.

- Destro version of pam285.
- Year of issue: 2010.
- Circulation: М series, 100 pcs.
- Caliber: OP.III (7750)
- GEN:
Z80rzJ.jpg
Z80tYP.jpg
Z8067o.jpg

About rep, it's a pity, but v6f for some reason didn't do it, didn't think it would pay for itself, but nevertheless, in vain, in my opinion, they had every chance. Just look at how it looks. And looking at how 285 are in demand now, I see that such 358 would be no less valuable.
PAM368
Nice easy to understand model, nice attempt to transfer the aesthetics of 036/061 and other 44mm titanium models with tobacco dial to 47mm fiddy format. It seems to be a coup, especially since in the destro form factor, where this case already has 217, which, however, is much different, as you can see.
- Year of issue: 2011
- Circulation: N series, 1000 pcs.
- Caliber: OP.2002
- GEN:
Z80QVS.png
Z80BwW.png

- REP:

PSX-20210119-193025.jpg

PSX-20210119-193048.jpg

Rep was made many years ago, but had a lot of shortcomings, because there are no reasonable alternatives to the manufacturing 8-day movt., With the pr indicator on the backcase, and therefore, they decided not only to deliver 6497 even without a decorative plate, so also make the case out of steel, instead of titanium. This purchase is difficult to make, they are bad, not popular, nobody bought them, and now nobody sells them. But if, for example, XF wants to show that they can, or just at some point start to work with titanium in re-releases, then this is a very bright contender for success. I think I'm not the only one in love with him.
In fact, to make a full-fledged rep, you need a lot of unique parts, in relation to the 217. Not only is the case titanium, but it also has a quick-change system for straps, instead of screws. The dial has a different position of the second hand, in view of movt., Also a specific caseback with a wide frame, the hands are also different. This model cannot be done easily, but it is possible. Pam346 v6f was able to do great, I think xf would have had a chance to do pam368 based on their experience.

PAM557
A very good and expected model. 372 and 557 try to repeat the success of 127 and 217, while not limiting them in the total limit. Destro models have historical roots, and this is one of the most vintage - stylish models, therefore it is considered that it was a good move to declare a big beautiful destroyer in the best traditions of the brand, without restrictions in a slightly smaller circulation than the right model.
- Destroy the pam372 version.
- Production since 2014.
- Caliber: P.3000
- GEN:
Z80CCL.jpg
Z80piQ.jpg

- REP SF and ZF in one shoot:
Z80NSi.jpg
Z80fLb.jpg
Z80ECX.jpg

The Rep was made by the ZF and SF factories, and as in most cases, the ZF looks much better. What unites them is that both have the wrong "O" series of 2012, in which this model did not exist yet. But nevertheless, this is a very beautiful watch with a p.3000 clone, which traditionally has a good PR. As well as other destro models, which produced several factories, I strongly recommend getting any that is possible. Would make a good pair of both 372 and 217.
PAM569
One of the most beautiful modern submersible. The patinated lume and hobbail dial makes the watch truly unique, and also the fact that it has no right-handed counterpart. It's a good situation when the modern submersible has a really vintage feel, and has no right-handed counterpart. Probably one of the most aesthetic modern submersible.
- There is no analogue of the left hand.
- Year: 2014
- Circulation: Q series, 1000 pcs.
- Caliber: P.9000
- GEN:
Z8003F.webp
Z80GE5.jpg

- REP V6F(Two different versions with st2555 and A7750):
Z80x42.jpg
Z80JcE.jpg

Rep is the beloved and popular superrep, one of the few options to get destro submersible, produced by many factories, several versions of ZF, V6F, SF and even JF tried their hand at this rather shamefully.
The late V6f with 7750, good anti-glare and wide bezel, as well as a light gem, is definitely a favorite and a must-get not only for destro fans, but also for collectors who prefer submersible, this is a truly unique rep, which at the same time, with 217, I think one of the most common destro, due to its accuracy and aesthetics.
PAM579
In fact, the pam345 has grown to 47mm and changed the color of the lume.
A very beautiful titanium 47mm chronograph monopulsant in which the contrast of a brown dial and a titanium case is beautifully complemented by golden hands, and even a hateful second markings around the dial, which is not often seen at panerai. In fact, monopulsant, it's not that better, it's just a little unusual, and for this pam decided to ask for more money than they could, but nevertheless, for me, it seems, it would be one of the most desirable gen.
- There is no analogue for the left hand.
- Year of issue: 2014
- Circulation: Q series, 300 pcs.
- Caliber p.2004.
- GEN:
Z80gP3.jpg
Z80cmn.jpg
Z8bDSs.jpg

And unfortunately, again we do not have the opportunity to get a full rep, due to the lack of a suitable movt., It's a pity, but we will hardly be able to do something with this, so I propose to put up with it and move on.
PAM607
The only ceramic submersible was produced in a small edition, and its destro version is the rarest model in today's review. An interesting fact is that this is the only example of destro, with the CG simply rearranged from the left-handed version. Apparently, in addition to the small circulation of pam508, the even more modest circulation of pam607 did not allow them to release 50 special CGs.
- Destro version of pam508.
- Year of release: 2014
- Circulation: Q series, 50 pcs.
- Caliber: P.9000.
- GEN:
Z8bjeY.jpg
Z8bztD.jpg

- REP V6F (A7750):
PSX-20210119-001133.jpg

PSX-20210119-001111.jpg

Rep pam607 is a very valuable thing, in my opinion. This is a very accurate replica, which is made of the same material as gen, has a solid caseback, and apart from the color ratio of the pearl / font / date / lume markers / lume of hands, it has almost no visible flaws available to humans.
Interestingly, the 508 was produced by both zf and v6f, and the latter was clearly more interesting in the quality of colors, and only they were enough for 607 forces. In general, the main thing is not to confuse. With the pvd version (which is not difficult if you look at the CG lever and the base of the protrusions), and whatever you find in the ceramic version will be the target object. It is regrettable that, like 569, they were made only with A7750, or ST2555, and there are no versions with a clone, but solid caeback, maintainability of the first, low cost of replacing the second, and incomplete copying of the clone functions, in my opinion, does not greatly diminish the creation of v6f ...
PAM649
The second of two possible black destro, only this time, with p.5000, and within the set with ref. pam786. The set following pam785 turned out to be harmonious, and even more mirrored: black dial and white, right hand and left, black case and polished steel, and all this is on the theme of old pre-v models, the availability of which, for a reasonable price, has long been even not dreaming. The 649 itself, a nice incarnation of the 5218-218a, in destro version, with a new movt., A new type of black finish and an L patina dial instead of T. Interestingly, they even tried to recreate the serif dial font from the original model, though slightly exaggerating them.
- Destro version of pam594 from pam785 set.
- Year of issue: 2016.
- Circulation: S series, 500 pcs.
- Caliber: p. 5000
- GEN:
Z8bhyJ.jpg
Z8b24P.jpg
Z8bKHo.jpg

REP V6F:

PSX-20210119-001945.jpg

PSX-20210119-002000.jpg

PSX-20210119-002016.jpg

Rep from v6f is generally not bad, except, of course, the thickness, due to the use of 6497, instead of p.5000, and typical questions, such as the color and thickness of the font and the application of lume, and the color of the case, but of course, for the most part, this is not the same which will look exactly the same and give a gen.
PAM796
The last lot of our review, the last destro released I know for 2018 , and the first permanent release of the 8 day luminor for the right hand. One way or another, this collection is the successor of those that were produced on modifications 6497, so it was a matter of time to get a left-hand version in this segment. Not the most outstanding design, but more interesting performance compared to the alternative 219, considering that this is also a permanent model.
- There is no complete analogue in the design for the left hand.
- Release since 2018.
- Caliber: P.5001
- GEN:
Z8bU0L.jpg
Z8bit8.jpg
Z8baeR.jpg

Rep, unfortunately not at the moment, and maybe it's not so bad. The p.5000 base with its thickness will not give the correct thickness of the case, and the fact that this is a modification of p.5001 gives a complication in the form of a PR hand under a transparent caseback. Chances are, this model will never get done right, but we can always hope and stuff.

PAM1075
Last release in 2020, 4th 47mm 1950 luminor and the second in an updated case, after pam577. An amazing watch. Promo renders, as it often happens, and especially often lately, differ from the final release. At first it was presented with a vintage lume, in the spirit of the beautiful pam605, with a dial reminiscent of a shark pam982 or pam959, in fact, it is a cream dial with a similar structure, and rather ambiguously, with a lume of the same, or approximately the same color. In fact, the dial is very beautiful, I have seen a lot of photos, in different lighting conditions, and it looks from sandy to pistachio. Overall, this is a very beautiful watch. This is a special boutique edition of 250 pieces.

- Right hand counterpart: no.
- Year of issue: 2020
- Circulation: W series, 250 pieces.
- Caliber: p. 3000
- GEN:
52524290-40029110.jpg

52524290-40029123.jpg

PSX-20210123-034827.jpg

PSX-20210123-034802.jpg

Rep, not yet. In fact, I would really like to see them. If the game had a ZF factory, it would be a feasible task for her. There is a P.3000 clone with this version of the bridge design, and it showed itself very well, for example, on pam687, and in addition to its appearance it shows excellent PR, their case, plexiglass crystals are also good, the release with the dial color is as always relevant, but with pam605 coped with pam1075, I think they will also cope. If they do, I hope they will notice that the updated luminor 1950 47mm finally has the same length as the indices, so it will not be possible to simply copy the double pencil from 372/557/605. However, there is no news about this, but you can always hope that I, for example, do.

Well, to make the review almost complete, I also wanted to mention something else that will not be included in the main list:

I will not touch on vintage destroes, I will just leave as an example a link to a a thread in which one of the contributors created an absolutely wonderful build on this topic:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...z-destro-watch

And I will add about version 5218-201a in destro orientation. A certain number of samples were allegedly made in this format, and the exact number is not known. There is a rumor that there are supposedly 12 of them, but I think, given some factors, there could be from 0 to any number. It should be noted here that this is not an independent model.
It should be noted here that this is not an independent model. It has an original ref. 5218-201a from 1993, and is included in their general circulation. At the same time, as you can see, any dial, including this basic dial, can be easily scrolled inside the case, the strap can be rearranged.
There is a problem with CG. On the discovered photos, it looks as if they did not even turn it over, but left it standard. One would assume that the owner turned it over for some reason, and there is no profile photo proving this, but by the position to the bottom, and the shape of the CG pin, which is differently reversed from the front and back surfaces, and the fact that the standard asymmetric pre -v CG when flipped does not correspond to the case line, you can understand that the case is absolutely stock, only the dial is turned upside down. Although I haven't seen it, I'm sure movt. Also has a standard decoration.
I don't know if this is a factory transformation, some clever guys in a service center, or just a user's imagination, but I just wanted to highlight the fact that any 201a can be turned into such a configuration, and say that this is an amazing rarity if there are no supporting documents ... It's a fantasy, or a gen, everyone decides for himself.To figure out whether they were or not, and if there were, how many pieces, and what the CG should be, I would entrust guys like Jose, but the main thing is that regardless of this, we, on the dark side, have the opportunity to do this is for yourself. The good news is that you can do the same with your stock or modified dial 201a from DSN.

Photo of the alleged GEN:
14-Z031-W-01.jpg

14-Z031-W-03.jpg

14-Z031-W-05.jpg

Photo REP 5218-201A DSN:
FB-IMG-1611366053049.jpg

Well, I think that those who at some point wondered what destro are, which ones are reproduced and which factory to choose, can understand something for themselves.
That's all. Not really that many considering that panerai has ~700 models in the lineup since the brand's existence.
I apologize if I missed your favorite model, I know something, but probably not all, so I will be glad if you share your findings.

Also, I'm waiting for photos of your models for the right hand, thoughts, ideas and opinions. As you can see, most of these models were produced in small editions, and sometimes very small, which is why they are rare, like gen, and like rep.
But, if we are talking about collecting and searching for interesting and rare items, then perhaps this is the very thing that separates an interesting hobby from a banal shopping.

Thanks to everyone who is interested and read!

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Jesus..... Maybe mods need to sticky this one?

Awesome write up. I did a once over on my phone but I will have to read thru it again when I log onto my desktop.

I didn't realize there were so many destro models. I wish I would have picked up the 026K back when they were readily available.

Reactions: KOT1917

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Thanks brother. I love when you put these thread together and build pack in so much info and pics where I can appreciate the facts that I do know and take in the ones I didn’t know or just learned from you.

as always, a good read. Love the pics too. I appreciate the work you put 8n to these posts. Good stuff.

it’s interesting to see how much reps have come along in the recent years. I had to switch to a browser just so I was sure not to miss any pics this time.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Outstanding post, it's a candidate to the sticky PAM section for sure.

Thank you for this very complete and clear guide.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Think i want a destro now!!

OP, thank you for that informative and interesting post.

posts like this remind me how much I still love old Panerai

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Very nice read. Thank you. IMHO I feel that Panerai best work has been in the past.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks friends!
I'm glad you're interested in this.
I think there will be something to add if someone wants to know more.

It is a pity that no destro is currently on sale from TD. Perhaps this is also why they were not often featured in discussions until the XF 217.

sukwonee 026, this is a very good watch. I myself was pleased. Exceptional model. You can try to write a DSN, it is unpredictable, what if it has one 026 "B"? :rolleyes:

Yes, Hazing , most of the simple but significant panerai models were manufactured in factories. And now we can see such examples. True, with essentially one plant, it is not so interesting. There is nothing really unexpected. Hopefully VSF will leave the raid, otherwise the rep panerai will be left practically without producers...

I think so too, johnlogan , now there is a lot of good, but it's all different. It seems like a conversation about two different brands.
​​​​​​​Over the years, there have been many types of cases, materials, movts., And more. Now everything is a little monotonous ...

Reactions: johnlogan

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Bravo, excellent post! I didn't know that a B series 22 was released and neither that a 26 with tritium dial was ever made. You learn something every day :)

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Bravo, excellent post! I didn't know that a B series 22 was released and neither that a 26 with tritium dial was ever made. You learn something every day :)

Thank you so much.
I am glad that I am helping to find something new.

You can take a look at this beautiful photo of pam026 T dial:

Here you can see how good gen T dial is, on another B series sample:

And in these photos, which I shamelessly but for educational purposes cut from someone's Instagram, you can clearly see the difference between the "K" cases and some of the old series, although I think you know this better than me:

And I slightly supplemented the post in parts 022 and 026, because everything is not as simple there as with the special series of later years. If interested, you can pay attention.

Hazing

9/5/19
Wow, I am blown away by several things in this thread. First and most importantly kot1917 is from a Russia? I thought he was Italian.

2ndly I’m amazed that someone has so much knowledge about not only Panerai, but rep Panerai as well. I know we have some extremely knowledgeable members here but it’s always great to have one so active and actively contributing to this amazing place on a daily basis. I’m curious what you were doing before you signed up here last June.

also that is an extremely good point about vsf. Sheesh... they’re pumping out references so quickly that it is tough to keep up with. Imagine if they got raided and had to shut down for 6 months or longer? That would... I can’t even imagine the rep world drying up so quickly.

I guess during the pandemic the world shut down and wasn’t making watches for a while and all was well. It just goes to show how spoiled we are in the rep world. Even while Panerai, Rolex, and all the other companies shut down, our faithful factories keep pumping out new models. Way to go vsf.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Yes, Hazing , that's right! I don’t know why you thought about Italy. I don't know if this is available in Tapatalk, but for users who indicated their country, it is written right below the bottom nickname.

Whenever possible, I try to write what seems interesting. Covid vacations are beneficial in some way.
I decided to write a lot about gen as well, for several reasons, First, as good as the rep itself is, it is released to repeat the gen and many are wondering "what could be the flaws in this model?" Just because they do not render gen.
Secondly, I see the peculiarity of destro, largely due to a certain rarity, primarily gen watches. And therefore, I went a little deeper into the number of issues. This shows how many unique patterns have been replicated.
And thirdly, it seemed to me that this is not the most discussed topic, so it made sense to reveal it a little.

As a result, a newbie's question, if he heard something about panerai for the right hand, would sound something like: "What can I buy?", And this post allows you to understand what happens, what makes sense to try, and what makes no sense to search.

As for VSF, I do not think that we will face serious problems with the availability of their models, even a month or two, we will find something to entertain ourselves with. But with all due respect to their work, there have been some limitations of their capabilities, which they do not want to overcome yet, even when they find themselves in strange situations, for example, widespread operation is essentially only p.9000 / 1, with the inability to use even 7750(this is 88, 104, 299, and many others, not to mention chronographs) , not willingness to work with titanium cases, even according to the template of existing steel cases for 111(this would immediately add to the lineup 177, 176, and many models, which are written about in the corresponding topics) , and others. Let's see if they will go for the solution of these issues, or will only put pressure on new releases. It seems, in the first case, they have a chance to bring back a very big audience. In the second, they will be held hostage to the brand policy, which is not always acceptable to everyone.

In any case, we accept what will be, and for old models there is always m2m.

Hazing

9/5/19
KOT1917 Good points all of them. I think I can proba ly understand vsfs lack of willingness to improve or build beyond a certain level.

In addition to the complications of complications (chronos), there is also the fact that there is no real competition. They are the only big factory producing a good number of references.

Also I think they're now putting more and more resources into other brands. Look what they've done with Rolex? They're making the best submariner reps ever and they're making like both new and old. They're also producing the best Datejust reps we've seen so far and now they have Daytonas too. And it looks like they're really trying to be the big Rolex factory.

From a business perspective there's a lot to be said for something consistent and relatively easy. This is just an assumption though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CharlySub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/21
Thanks for that work.

My dream rep would be a pam796 : Destro, 44mm, Bettarini, Black sandwichDial, transparent caseback
Do you know if it does exist in superrep ?

Does a kind of Destro PAM111 exist ?

Last edited: