• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM390 NOOB old VS new

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
My friend has a gen 390. The next time I’m able to I will do a side by side comparison.

It would be very cool.
I know, there were many topics of comparisons of different pam390 factories, including with gen, but the topics are old, photos are often not available and it remains to be content with conclusions, which are also often ambiguous.
It seems that now the question of which 390 to buy has become a little more relevant again, and a new comparison would be very interesting....

...Anyway, for me lol

Reactions: Thewatchwolf

pollyprissypants

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/20
Sydney, Australia
Is it possible that the original NOOB is out of the rep game altogether, with someone else taking over the name? Rewind several years and NOOB was making arguably the best SubC of its time, the V6S, and a long list of NWBIG PAM reps. Today the NOOB subs aren't even considered in the conversation of "who makes the best rolex submariner" so poor is their reputation for subs these days. The latest PAM
releases also seem incomparable with the NWBIG NOOB PAMs of old.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Is it possible that the original NOOB is out of the rep game altogether, with someone else taking over the name? Rewind several years and NOOB was making arguably the best SubC of its time, the V6S, and a long list of NWBIG PAM reps. Today the NOOB subs aren't even considered in the conversation of "who makes the best rolex submariner" so poor is their reputation for subs these days. The latest PAM
releases also seem incomparable with the NWBIG NOOB PAMs of old.

All true, except their latest 005 looked promising in QC pics.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Puretime has noob 005 "N" series and "P" series. The first is similar to the new 390, 111 and 911, while the "P" is different in level. Quite another.

blim

Known Member
9/9/20
Trusty is doing a sudden sale of the PAM005 "N" series and the 390 "N" series
Search Results -> PAM V11 Noob : Trusty Time Watch, Your Trusty Watch Shop

Looking carefully at them, it seems just like KOT1917 said, they have the problematic low "A" and appear to be similar.
Probably a good indication that
1) the TD is aware of the problems with the models and attempting to get rid of stock
2) NOOB is finally aware of their many product problems
3) NOOB is going to re-issue updated ones with the problems fixed

I hope it's option 3 and we can get some accurate PAM390N finally.

Reactions: KOT1917

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I agree with these assumptions. Interestingly, puretime refers to the 005 series "N" as V12 and the "P" series to V12S, while trusty uses the designation V11. I never really got into these version numbers, but in this case, it sounds like a generalization of the parties of all models, I think a normal 005 might be a good start.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
By the way, did anyone get pam111 in the same case? It seems that the last "R" series should logically correspond to the 005 "P" series, which is clearly better. But on PURETIME PAM111 V12 "R" looks very similar to this new PAM390 while the older "P" series seems to have been around long before this temporary controversial change.

Those who have received a new pam111, pay attention to the thickness of the protrusions, the height of the chamfer at the base of the bezel and the presence of a cutout on the base of the bezel for its removal. (He's not there at 390)

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I just received this N-series Noob 390 from a M2M sale.

Although I am more a sporty GMT type of PAM lover, I recently developped a growing interest for such plain 2 lines dials, with all numbers, no date nor subdials. And feelingwise this Noob 390 is absolutely charming on the wrist.

I'll have a clearer vision on it tomorrow by daylight but so far no low "A" syndrom nor sharp edges, and the dial tobacco tone, hands, crown and CG look quite nice. The lume seem a bit uneven though at a very close look, and caseback engraving could benefit a deeper carving and sharper "divers" pattern.

Still, a very elegant PAM to me but for having held older Noobs this newer iteration looks not so sharp in the closer details. I'm no expert but if some are interested in details I can post more pics.
3a6c2e28bbd538e96da4a78f53cfea86.jpg
836aaaf483a146a1dd45a986f51c93cf.jpg
6e11c8deee668a36aa3bcfae6e0a10ac.jpg
c879d3c42d019b76fcc7d18d9a7039d9.jpg
53dc505cde4db6767eafad4a8ac344c9.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks for the photo! All 390 series "N". This is an old man, not new noob. Good, I like it. It's a different style than the weighted chronos or GMTs, but it has its own charm. A good choice!

By the way, I would say that your HF.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thanks for the photo! All 390 series "N". This is an old man, not new noob. Good, I like it. It's a different style than the weighted chronos or GMTs, but it has its own charm. A good choice!

By the way, I would say that your HF.
All right thank you for the input and clearing it up. I had a feeling the N-series were the new ones only so that helps.
This one was sold to me as a Noob and the original owner knows his things, but I'll ask him the details.

The lume and caseback are not perfect (but which rep is?) but apart that I could'nt really see on this watch the new Noob specific wrong details pointed in your review, so that explains it all. I'm even happier then!

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
All right thank you for the input and clearing it up. I had a feeling the N-series were the new ones only so that helps.
This one was sold to me as a Noob and the original owner knows his things, but I'll ask him the details.

The lume and caseback are not perfect (but which rep is?) but apart that I could'nt really see on this watch the new Noob specific wrong details pointed in your review, so that explains it all. I'm even happier then!

Your HF has some flaws in the case shape, CG, backcase, but this is the best dial, you can get from rep. Enjoy!

Reactions: mrsullivan

Earloflondon

Horology Curious
11/7/17
Very nice, detailed and useful comparo. Thanks for the thread. Subscribed

Sent from my SM-M205F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KOT1917