• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM88

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I have the GEN R series 088 - I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. Aside from the obvious faults, there seem to also be issues with the alignment of the case back engraving.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I have the GEN R series 088 - I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. Aside from the obvious faults, there seems to also be issues with the alignment of the case back engraving.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
12 hour cycling hand is just an hour hand lol. So effectively this watch has 2 hour hands. Might come useful actually if you're trying to track two different time zones.

It doesn't work that way because the outer track is indicated for 24 hours, unlike the newer Panerai that use the same 12-hour track for both hands. It's inaccurate to genuine and because the GMT hand is pointing to the 24-hour track on the outer ring it's technically not giving the correct time and you can't use it for anything besides just the appearance

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
It doesn't work that way because the outer track is indicated for 24 hours, unlike the newer Panerai that use the same 12-hour track for both hands. It's inaccurate to genuine and because the GMT hand is pointing to the 24-hour track on the outer ring it's technically not giving the correct time and you can't use it for anything besides just the appearance

Oh for sure it's inaccurate to genuine. I wasn't saying that at all (I said what I said mainly as a joke). However, if the GMT makes its full circle within 12 hours just like the main hour hand, why can't the owner use it as a second time zone? I know the outer track is indicated for 24 hours but you can still see what time it is using the inner track (or... You just know what hour it is without looking at the hour numerals).

​​​So for example, If my main hour hand is PST time in the US and if I set the GMT 3 hours ahead of my main hour hand, I can keep track of East Coast time in the US.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Oh for sure it's inaccurate to genuine. I wasn't saying that at all (I said what I said mainly as a joke). However, if the GMT makes its full circle within 12 hours just like the main hour hand, why can't the owner use it as a second time zone? I know the outer track is indicated for 24 hours but you can still see what time it is using the inner track (or... You just know what hour it is without looking at the hour numerals).

​​​So for example, If my main hour hand is PST time in the US and if I set the GMT 3 hours ahead of my main hour hand, I can keep track of East Coast time in the US.

Of course if you're aware that it's tracking 12 versus 24 hours then yes you could use the GMT hand looking at the inner track to keep track of the time at least somewhat, because it's still would not indicate am or pm. It's a silly thing for them to have messed up on, but I'm guessing they're just using the same movements from their other watches that they currently make which are all the newer models versus picking up a movement which would function correctly to genuine. It's an option for someone who really wants one but unfortunately it's not what I would consider a good accurate copy.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Of course if you're aware that it's tracking 12 versus 24 hours then yes you could use the GMT hand looking at the inner track to keep track of the time at least somewhat, because it's still would not indicate am or pm. It's a silly thing for them to have messed up on, but I'm guessing they're just using the same movements from their other watches that they currently make which are all the newer models versus picking up a movement which would function correctly to genuine. It's an option for someone who really wants one but unfortunately it's not what I would consider a good accurate copy.

Haha bro..... They just made too many silly mistakes on this model. It's almost insulting for them to even put this out. Even my 8 yo daughter can tell the CG should be polished on this model lol

Reactions: KOT1917 and Rx4Time

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I just received my QC pics. The watch looks nice overall, but I asked about GMT hand and polished CG before approving it.
As I'm still waiting for the answer from Trusty to decide if I approve it or not, so I'm not posting my QCs yet. It should'nt take too long.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Trusty's answer :

- the GMT hand goes 24h round.

- Andrew thinks the crown guard is correct, but I don't know if he refers to the shape or the polish.

The discussion goes on with him as I write, I'll give updates later today.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Trusty's answer :

- the GMT hand goes 24h round.

- Andrew thinks the crown guard is correct, but I don't know if he refers to the shape or the polish.

The discussion goes on with him as I write, I'll give updates later today.

100% sure the GMT is 12hours

maybe he talk about the marking on the dial, but regarding the previous video posted and my post, it's a 12hours GMT function ...

​​​​​

blim

Known Member
9/9/20
100% sure the GMT is 12hours

maybe he talk about the marking on the dial, but regarding the previous video posted and my post, it's a 12hours GMT function ...

​​​​​

Do you think it's possible that the hand operates on a 24hr normally but adjusts like a 12hr?

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Unfortunately , no, it's not a quick settings, when he set the time it's like how the hands operate in real use (but freely to be able to set).

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Well, regarding CG Trusty answers that some later gen 088 series were mounted with brushed ones. Don't know what to think...

Last edited:

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Well, regarding CG Trusty answers that some later gen 088 series were mounted with brushed ones. Don't know what to think...

Heard that too, but can't find and solid proof, will keep looking. But I don't really believe it :)

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Well, I guess the best way to know is to get it.

Approved, the watch looks good nonetheless, and I'll see what comes out of it.

Here are a few of my QC from Andrew for reference :

e6da5419bdbf2fd285e8cb57be21a1de.jpg
9f5ce05a74a0eee909cae7395b2061dd.jpg
07a3f6339473c8b0223d698c5f0559f9.jpg
602a7705d9518e71a82a5937ec5122c0.jpg

Last edited:

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation

Like, Woundup has exactly the last R series gen, as he wrote above, and we will wait for his photos. Also, I wish you the best of luck getting this watch. We will wait for photos upon receipt.

I would be very surprised if the CG is satin. I found the declared R series on crono24, it also has a polished CG.

Regarding the GMT function, trusty's assurances that it is 24 hours are a little surprising, but their website also says movt., 7750. Maybe there are several vsf lots and dealers have different clocks? In any case, it is very generous on your part to check this statement at your own expense.

Reactions: mrsullivan

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well, I guess the best way to know is to get it.

Approved, the watch looks good nonetheless, and I'll see what comes out of it.

Here are a few of my QC from Andrew for reference :

e6da5419bdbf2fd285e8cb57be21a1de.jpg
9f5ce05a74a0eee909cae7395b2061dd.jpg
07a3f6339473c8b0223d698c5f0559f9.jpg
602a7705d9518e71a82a5937ec5122c0.jpg

I look forward to your review once you receive it.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Edited. Massive fail. Sub dial is a more flat colour on the gen and I guess the cg and clasp can be polished but would g3 better to arrive that way. Thanks KS and the gen owner too for his pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KSwatches