• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM88

blim

Known Member
9/9/20
The GMT hand is 12 hours

One of the sellers seems to say that the GMT is 24 hours.
Might have to wait for a few more reviews to confirm if it's modified as a 12 or 24hr hand

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Some real life pictures for those interested.

Cape cod polish cloth treatment on CG required.

96c3bfc9afc8656177b942419bd53e92.jpg

c8cfbe58d92a75ca2f08f33323026c9b.jpg

8124eaf0653bfd939a347364b0766acd.jpg

065c76701fc1af0db0b499845e6b0df0.jpg

377c76c655c1e0feb44b2ef915de6fea.jpg

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
you can clearly see it's a 12 hours GMT of how the hand move when he does some time settings

here you will see :

088-full.png

start position :
Time : 2:00
GMT : 10:00

final position :
Time : 6:00
GMT : 18:00

so by moving by 4 hours the time settings, that will move the GMT time by 8 hours !

so 100% is a 12 hours GMT ....

very disapointing between the CG not polished and this bad GMT settings

i finally pass on this one, hope they will correct all this stupid flaws , they can made it perfect if they want (they have all the needed part for it ..)

Reactions: KOT1917

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
They have not done a good job on this. Why they cannot set the 7750 up like gen is a puzzle. Gen is quickset of course.
Lume colour is too green, dial is flat in colour, sub dial too silver, cg wrong, clasp finish wrong. Vsf’s worst rep to date sadly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
In the description on the link, there was an indication that it was 7750, so I treated the watch like that. With clone p.9001, this is another pointless purchase. :facepalm:

A very good question to Trusty, why is it described on its website as 7750. I didn’t buy, but if I trusted the description and bought it and received another movt., I would be extremely upset.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Yes, too many major flaws are showing up here. The CG was not so much of a problem to change, but the 12h GMT is too much to me, disappointing indeed. I may change my order to another model in the end...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Altoronto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
Yep, it looks like it’s the same movement as in vsf 320 and 531 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
If this is correct about the GMT hand that is just unacceptable. Especially considering that the 7750 with GMT is a readily available movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Not sure what has possessed them to do this. It could have been a good release especially as said the movement is so easy to get!
We need to see a full rotation of the hands to be sure I guess.

Altoronto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
From the video link above is 12hr GMT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Not sure what has possessed them to do this. It could have been a good release especially as said the movement is so easy to get!
We need to see a full rotation of the hands to be sure I guess.

Well, on the videos we clearly see the GMT hand going along with the hour hand. This is really a miss from VSF if this is confirmed.
I'm still waiting for my QC pics to take my decision, I'll ask for more details to Andrew.

Last edited:
Reactions: Replisimio

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Is it possible to confirm if the GMT hand is a 12 or 24-hour rotation?

Sorry, I don’t know what is 12hrs and 24hrs.

All I know, is the The vsf movement functionality IS different to noob pam088 movement (which I also have).

On noob movement you can cycle the date manually using the middle crown position. This is not possible on the VSF. It’s a different movement. I have no idea which is more gen. lol. I have many gen gmt watches, mainly omega and Rolex and I never use the GMT function. I can try to post video if it helps.

Reactions: Rx4Time

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Well, on the videos we clearly see the GMT hand going along with the hour hand. This is really a miss from VSF if this is confirmed.
I'm still waiting for my QC pics to take my decision, I'll ask for more details to Andrew.

Correct. The gmt hand moves in sync with the hour hand (don’t know if this is what you call 12hr or 24hrs) and don’t know if this is right or wrong for this particular PAM.

Also, Not possible to move gmt hand independently (same as gen Rolex and Omega GMT).

Not possible to cycle date manually via second crown position (annoying if you have to go from 1st to 31st).

Second crown position only moves the hour hand (forwards or backwards).

Hope this helps.

I take it the new strap is bad as well? ????

3bef0b4324b4636a7ba33a8f39c9062f.jpg

Maybe I am used t Rolex but magnification seems nonexistent
27c1dcbb4a495b7a2d6cb44d8bafb5d7.jpg

If gmt is important to you then give this one a miss.

If you like the look of a good Classic 44mm PAM and use iPhone or quick mental arithmetic for telling the time abroad, and you regret selling your old noob watch, then might want to try this.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Especially with the 24 hour indicator on the outer edge of the dial.

Is it possible tehy overlooked this? If ordering this and expecting it to be accurate only to get this, I'd be very upset.

VSF does a great job but they sure do make a number of silly silly mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnlogan

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Sorry, I don’t know what is 12hrs and 24hrs.

All I know, is the The vsf movement functionality IS different to noob pam088 movement (which I also have).

On noob movement you can cycle the date manually using the middle crown position. This is not possible on the VSF. It’s a different movement. I have no idea which is more gen. lol. I have many gen gmt watches, mainly omega and Rolex and I never use the GMT function. I can try to post video if it helps.

Thanks for that bud. The Noob is correct to gen in that respect. Vsf have fitted completely the wrong movement into this rep! What a shame.

Reactions: KSwatches

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
24 and 12 is the number of hours in which the GMT hand completes the circle. Dial 088 is marked at 24 hours, so the GMT hand makes a circle in a day.
This is a function of the commonplace 7750 with a gmt module. The vsf clone, which was installed on later models, the GMT hand makes a full circle in 12 hours, which, of course, makes little sense without the day / night indicator, but on the other hand, it makes it possible to "hide" the gmt hand, by the hand of the hour, and thereby do the dial is "cleaner" because they run parallel.

I think, first of all, it's not about who uses what (I never use a chronograph, as I probably do, and anyone who uses a rep AP, for example), but talking about how GEN works.

Rolex, AP, always had slightly specific movts., And a replica without gen functions was normal for a long time, but with pam the situation is exactly the opposite. However, okay, this is generally clear.

Yes cyclops panerai, it's 1.5 and not close to rolex.

There are no questions about this strap, but the buckle of the crocodile strap must be polished. Although, I don't think they will be worn too much.

Reactions: KSwatches

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Especially with the 24 hour indicator on the outer edge of the dial.

Is it possible tehy overlooked this? If ordering this and expecting it to be accurate only to get this, I'd be very upset.

VSF does a great job but they sure do make a number of silly silly mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think they know everything and understand, but they don't want to buy 7750 with gmt, but their clone pays off. And we, that we ... Someone knows the difference, but most of the consumers, probably not. Well, or as KS said, for those who sold NOOB and want a new one, but only buy new / not used watches.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
12 hour cycling hand is just an hour hand lol. So effectively this watch has 2 hour hands. Might come useful actually if you're trying to track two different time zones.