• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rubber straps for my PAM 111, where?

Orev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/18

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The rep calf leather scrap is just provided so you can wear the watch as soon as you get it. The only decent leather strap is the asso. Now if you want rubber straps, there is actually a decent one without the PANERAI branding. Try kronostraps. It's same as the horus straps (another known rubber strapmaker) but at the fraction of the cost.

Just a heads up. I made an order on kronostraps.com about 2 weeks ago. Order is still listed as pending, no response to emails or anything. Looks like this company went out of business

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Just a heads up. I made an order on kronostraps.com about 2 weeks ago. Order is still listed as pending, no response to emails or anything. Looks like this company went out of business

Ouch. That is unfortunate. Did they still accept payment? You should try to get your money back. Two weeks is a lot of time not to be responding even just to confirm they've received your payment.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Ouch. That is unfortunate. Did they still accept payment? You should try to get your money back. Two weeks is a lot of time not to be responding even just to confirm they've received your payment.

Yep, i've paid directly on the site. It's only 40 bucks, not the end of the world, i just don't want anyone else to fall for it :)

I've looked at their social media accounts, and it looks like they been dead since 2019. To bad, it was the only place i could find a Miami blue strap for my 42mm submersible

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
great tip, let us know when it arrives
i'm planning to buy a 111 and this strap look really good!!!
The rubber strap arrived this week from buy strap.com and it is really one of the most beautiful rep Rubber I have seen, very close to a gen !
Even the rep buckle that came with is really nice, I can't believe I bought that for only 28usd shipped :eek:

factory2nd

Known Member
21/12/20
Wow... The buckle is the one offered in the menu shopping option of the strap or is another one from the site?!?

Last edited:

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
Yep, i've paid directly on the site. It's only 40 bucks, not the end of the world, i just don't want anyone else to fall for it :)

I've looked at their social media accounts, and it looks like they been dead since 2019. To bad, it was the only place i could find a Miami blue strap for my 42mm submersible

Just saw this thread now, but I did the same thing a few months ago. I had been checking and they never actually posted the charge to my card. Sad that they are now defunct but I don't think that it's actively scamming people. If anyone finds a similar "miami blue" color strap elsewhere from Horus, do let me know....!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Just saw this thread now, but I did the same thing a few months ago. I had been checking and they never actually posted the charge to my card. Sad that they are now defunct but I don't think that it's actively scamming people. If anyone finds a similar "miami blue" color strap elsewhere from Horus, do let me know....!

You are right, I went back and checked my statement, and the money was never collected from my card. Yes, I really want the Miami blue strap aswell , but I’m not paying 155 usd for it :)

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
From Aliexpress. $23 for two straps. Very soft material without nasty odors. Buckle is a little bigger than the original and could use deeper inscriptions. 25 days shipping to Mexico

Reactions: Blshh and Snil

Termiboter

27/4/15
From Aliexpress. $23 for two straps. Very soft material without nasty odors. Buckle is a little bigger than the original and could use deeper inscriptions. 25 days shipping to Mexico

Which TD do you use to buy watches? I’m from Mexico as well

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Which TD do you use to buy watches? I’m from Mexico as well

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I've been at my house in Mexico the last year, never had a problem with Li at Jtime (Only use DHL shipping)

hubrisin

22/4/08
For a rubber gen is the way to go, durability alone compared to the rep will always maintain the wear, over time the gen rubber conforms nicely against the wrist.

Termiboter

27/4/15
I've been at my house in Mexico the last year, never had a problem with Li at Jtime (Only use DHL shipping)

Thanks for the info. Do you know what forms of payment he accepts? Here in Mexico is kind of limited and specially in lockdown