• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rubber straps for my PAM 111, where?

dirtyharry44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/15
USA
Panerai rubber straps are all over Etsy, anyone have good experiences with any of the sellers there?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Panerai rubber straps are all over Etsy, anyone have good experiences with any of the sellers there?

Well they’re replica straps and they’re all 115/75. If you don’t mind the rep straps they’re fine but I think in general, Etsy might be a few dollars more expensive than other apps because of fees.

But to me the rep straps are a little too stiff from the lugs to like where the holes start. And them the 2nd half is flexible.

When you wear them, they’re not bad looking. They just don’t fit and feel (and hug the wrist) the way a real one does. In my opinion anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
My white came in feels great, fits great. Always wanted a white rubber strap after seeing a host on a Celebrity Home Tours wear it on his 111.

Is that gen?

I was tempted to get the white one but I really wanted the one with the illuminated “OFFICINE PANERAI” on white one. But I hear they’re making 70 for the 1122 And that’s it.

No duplicates. No replacements.

Gtmatt22

Patron
7/1/21
CONUS
I love the white strap but I have a big (8") wrist so the normal rep size doesn't really work. Anybody know of a larger rep rubber strap available anywhere?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Is that gen?

I was tempted to get the white one but I really wanted the one with the illuminated “OFFICINE PANERAI” on white one. But I hear they’re making 70 for the 1122 And that’s it.

No duplicates. No replacements.

No this isnt. But a great feel for me. Never felt a gen strap so I cannot really tell.

christobear

22/10/15
For a rubber gen is the way to go, durability alone compared to the rep will always maintain the wear, over time the gen rubber conforms nicely against the wrist.

Would you please post some pics of gen vs rep straps? I’ve been on a mission lately to replace my rep rubber strap, but mine seems to be thicker than anything else I can find. It’s actually even slightly wider than the other two straps I have.

The newer black one was advertised as “authentic” but I paid
0fabe7cd7570c5eba1fdf3c13aa22b38.jpg

$50 so I doubt it

487831a1c4730bafb58abadaf8050404.jpg

e38b3541858c1a39f9ab652a00d46a0b.jpg

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Hey guys,

I was about to create a wtb thread. But first had a look here of course.

I'm also looking for a classic Panerai strap. Deployment, tang buckle or no buckle doesn't matter. As long as it's a good quality rubber.

The €12 straps on Ali/ebay etc are to hard and to thin.
I know the €24 should be a lot better, but I'm not 100% sure. (No experience)
If anyone does has positive experience with such a strap, please let me know.
​​​​
I did see the straps from buystrap.com. It seems that they have 3 different qualities. $16, $32 and $75. Can't help thinking the 2 cheapest ones are the same as on AliExpress.
(If anyone (preferably in EU) has a black and/or white 24 mm classic Panerai strap that they're not using.... )

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus
jneR5E.jpg

For a rubber gen is the way to go, durability alone compared to the rep will always maintain the wear, over time the gen rubber conforms nicely against the wrist.
I second this. Always followed the advise from fellow members that rep rubber straps were good enough. Well…no, Gen rubber is softer and much more comfortable, build quality is far superior than anything I have purchased from Noob, HMaker and other sellers mentioned in this thread. All of them have the wrong rubber, attract dust, and leave marks on my wrist. Gen rubber strap is worth every penny on a Panerai super rep.

christobear

22/10/15
jneR5E.jpg

I second this. Always followed the advise from fellow members that rep rubber straps were good enough. Well…no, Gen rubber is softer and much more comfortable, build quality is far superior than anything I have purchased from Noob, HMaker and other sellers mentioned in this thread. All of them have the wrong rubber, attract dust, and leave marks on my wrist. Gen rubber strap is worth every penny on a Panerai super rep.

Do you think you could post some pictures of gen vs rep straps? I ordered what was supposed to be a gen strap but it was much thinner than my rep and didn’t feel right. It was definitely better than my cheapo red strap but didn’t seem right

Rep on left and “gen” on right and middle

3ac9a05c6a7aa1eefb1bbe54d5a41495.jpg

33485e4d4a6cb6ce058e647c41dc644a.jpg

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus

christobear
Top is a crappy rep bought M2M
Center is Noob (looks good but wrong rubber)
Bottom is gen

All three have the same width, but the top rep is thinner.

christobear

22/10/15
Thank you, this helps me confirm that the one I ordered was not gen.

Hazing

9/5/19
Here are some rep versus gen straps. And I uploaded full size images so you can see better too so I hope that helps.

One of the biggest differences on gen straps - well actually there are many - but one of the biggest noticeable differences is the way it feels on the wrist. The rep straps do a good job of looking gen but they don’t feel gen imo. On the bottom of the gen strap, it is made differently and feels so much different against the skin. It doesn’t stick at all and regardless of how much you sweat it doesn’t feel crappy. They rep straps attract a ton of nastiness that lingers.

Also in my experience if you’re allergic to silicone you can’t use a rep strap while a gen is silicone free.

Also one of My Biggest complaints with the rep straps is the way they fit the wrist. Gen contours to the wrist uniformly and whether you’re near the lugs or near the buckle, the strap has the same comfortable flexibility.

While the rep strap is often very stiff from the lugs to where the holes start. And then it is very flopppy along the holes. So a gen will almost form a perfect C as it contours to your wrist. And the rep strap will form and A with floppy lower / \

The middle strap is a rep deployment strap (not sure where I got it) but it is very thin and feels cheap. But it is also the only rep strap I have been able to wear because at least it contours to the wrist. But once you start sweating, it feels lousy. And that is the biggest difference between rep and gen. It’s 100% the fee. Like I said, they do a good job of making it look good but they can’t copy the feel.

OP 24 and OP 26 are the gen straps.

Also if the sun comes out, I will take some pics outside. In the sun is another place where the rep becomes obvious. The way the gen looks in the sun is drastically different.

2b147bd531e08399a1335d0e77c356cf.jpg

9cdd84258640b533aa23d0d86c02646d.jpg

02dc7c6f5646460a1802ea10aea1333f.jpg

c57b06b1a84bdc89e4143c861ec22587.jpg

85da201db1f85d0faefb197462c5de63.jpg

toxoviper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/12/11
Also if the sun comes out, I will take some pics outside. In the sun is another place where the rep becomes obvious. The way the gen looks in the sun is drastically different.

Looking forward to this comparison. Thanks for the pics.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Hey guys,

I was about to create a wtb thread. But first had a look here of course.

I'm also looking for a classic Panerai strap. Deployment, tang buckle or no buckle doesn't matter. As long as it's a good quality rubber.

The €12 straps on Ali/ebay etc are to hard and to thin.
I know the €24 should be a lot better, but I'm not 100% sure. (No experience)
If anyone does has positive experience with such a strap, please let me know.
​​​​
I did see the straps from buystrap.com. It seems that they have 3 different qualities. $16, $32 and $75. Can't help thinking the 2 cheapest ones are the same as on AliExpress.
(If anyone (preferably in EU) has a black and/or white 24 mm classic Panerai strap that they're not using.... )

The €24 strap was crap. To stiff, sharp edges and to thin. Just as in the example from Hazing.

Would like to know if the ones from buy strap are better.

Last edited:

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
What boggles my mind is there are extremely good quality fkm rubber straps that cost around the 20-30 mark but unbranded. Idk why they can use the same material

Hazing

9/5/19
Looking forward to this comparison. Thanks for the pics.

No sweat brother. The sun finally came out but it’s fukken freezing out. Sorry for the dustiness. I didn’t even notice until I looked at the pics.

In these pics the gen Panerai straps are mounted. You can see they have a litte depth or texture (or sparkle maybe?).

Also depending on the way the sun hits, the sharper edges of the lettering are more obvious on the rep straps. I can’t speak for all rep straps, just the ones I have and had. But I haven’t seen anything like this gen detail in the rep straps.

And I also notice that the gen strap - you almost can’t pull it too tight. Even tight, it feels comfortable enough that you don’t feel how tight it is. While the rep strap I have to leave loose. If I pull that one extra loop too tight I can really feel it while on the gen, snug or tight are both comfortable. If that makes sense.
a10164aee9c085e4dec89507bff3c722.jpg

d5f71f513595f96def7d25900bc71935.jpg

37c65385129089efd651c77af216f8ab.jpg

fbb0e47abd3444269ae4484dd524090b.jpg

a60f3ec0d0156b6e8d6f86a5f03e0837.png