• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[VSF] PAM1314 new release

PAKITO

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/15
España
Apparently, there was a promo photo with white hands. There are enough photos of gen with polished hands on the Internet. Whoa, really? I think we'll find out soon. I'll show it for now.

https://ru.imgbb.com/

https://ru.imgbb.com/

It must be promotional photos from the official website. even, as Phillip says, it may be a luminous effect. In fact, in this video (my apologies, it is in Spanish) it is clearly seen that the needles are metallic and not white. In my opinion it is much more logical that the hands are made of steel and not white (lacquered as I said before. As I said, I was wrong).

https://youtu.be/nUhxdIIRwiw

It's a shame VSF made that mistake with the hands of the watch. I hope they fix it soon in a V2 version or they put on sale a correct set of hands to install on the watch.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
It must be promotional photos from the official website. even, as Phillip says, it may be a luminous effect. In fact, in this video (my apologies, it is in Spanish) it is clearly seen that the needles are metallic and not white. In my opinion it is much more logical that the hands are made of steel and not white (lacquered as I said before. As I said, I was wrong).

https://youtu.be/nUhxdIIRwiw

It's a shame VSF made that mistake with the hands of the watch. I hope they fix it soon in a V2 version or they put on sale a correct set of hands to install on the watch.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Thank you for the video. It leaves no chance for other thoughts. I don’t know about the logic ... I love some white panerai dials, but I still find it difficult to understand the aesthetics of this particular model, and therefore the logic of which hands look better.
I would like to see them probably gray like a lume of numbers, while maintaining contrast and readability. b. As on the classic bettarini, where black numbers, and therefore black hands.

Of the new ones, I would love to take a look at rep 1075. Sorry ZF is not a game, they could do it perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Its a cracking watch, I don't mind the white hands on mine but the non-lacquered hands on the Gen look better, hope the TDs will be able to supply just the hands, if I ask nicely, that's assuming VSF release a v2 and given the time between Pam releases, that could be a while!

Reactions: johnlogan

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I can also confirm that the hands are silver - I was considering buying this model on a recent visit to my PAD. I find it very odd that VSF would make such a ridiculous mistake.

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I can also confirm that the hands are silver - I was considering buying this model on a recent visit to my PAD. I find it very odd that VSF would make such a ridiculous mistake.

In the process of pumping out new releases on a weekly basis more and more grave errors are popping up.

centrum

27/7/14
The gen has polished silver hands and the rep has white hands? What in the world...?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
The gen has polished silver hands and the rep has white hands? What in the world...?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, this is so, and this is a mistake, but it is connected with the fact that VSF considered at some point that it has the experience and capabilities in order to make watches not from a sample but from a photograph.

The renders from the site had images with white hands. Unfortunately, this is not the only model with an error for this reason.

In any case, it is easier to solve from the side of vsf than some other problems with models, because they have these polished hands (at least now 1312 and 1313 should have the same) , and if the model is in sufficient demand, then I am sure we will get an updated correct version.

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Unfortunately, this is so, and this is a mistake, but it is connected with the fact that VSF considered at some point that it has the experience and capabilities in order to make watches not from a sample but from a photograph.

The renders from the site had images with white hands. Unfortunately, this is not the only model with an error for this reason.

In any case, it is easier to solve from the side of vsf than some other problems with models, because they have these polished hands (at least now 1312 and 1313 should have the same) , and if the model is in sufficient demand, then I am sure we will get an updated correct version.

Panerai has done this bait and switch a few times before, not sure if it's just a last-minute change in the design or it was intentional to trick replica factories. Maybe the factories should hold off on producing the rep until the watch is released. Anyway, to wear a rep of a watch that officially hasn't been released yet, is in itself a "tell". If only we knew if the hands underneath the paint was polished steel, we could just remove the hands, wipe the paint off and we'd have the correct hands. But we don't so our only surefire way to fix it is to purchase the correct hands.

Orev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/18
I want this in my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blshh

Renowned Member
2/6/19
Just share my experience: For my dealer. I will ask him to send photos for single digit date ex 8 than 18 follow by 28 . Mainly he will wind the date for one month .These 3 calenders date will confirm the date is in centre of the window. I had my pam1314 rejected after found out the hands not like gen. Hope VS will get this small matter fix in V2.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Agree, the hands pop on the Gen.. hoping I can get the hand set only if/when VSF release a V2, I don't really want to buy the whole damn watch again!

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Agree, the hands pop on the Gen.. hoping I can get the hand set only if/when VSF release a V2, I don't really want to buy the whole damn watch again!

I’ll push PT hard for the hands. I’m sure he will come through brother. We live and learn.

Reactions: jonnybaws

Orev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/18
I went ahead and ordered from my TD. Waiting on QC pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Gen has white hands too?
I can't insert photos but on the Panerai website you can see that they are white.